[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Zero in Reboot

baboyobaboyo
Reactions: 580
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I hope Nexon reconsiders bringing Zero to the Reboot server. It's a very fun class and having it only limited to normal servers suck. I'm sure a lot of people would love playing this class in Reboot since it has a nice link skill and character card.

Please think about it!
lampsundaeWillScarlet

Comments

• ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I hope they come up with a way to balance Zero for reboot, maybe make their potentials cost more to reset, so that they aren't so over-funded compared to other classes.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    No. I do not support this idea. You knew going into Reboot that Zero was not offered, and you also knew that 6 months had gone by with players asking NexonKorea to allow Zeros on Reboot and they always denied those requests. You knew you weren't going to get to play Zero going in.
    PetalmagicNakazatoJLgvnalmanzaGoomuKitepyro
  • lampsundaelampsundae
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited October 2016
    Would be nice, doesn't really make sense to ban the class after they already nerfed it way into the ground, but I mean, nexon does nexon things. Probably not going to happen any time soon though, if ever.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    "You knew going into Reboot that Zero was not offered" So? Nobody claimed otherwise.
    lampsundaeWillScarletSilversworn
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

No. I do not support this idea. You knew going into Reboot that Zero was not offered, and you also knew that 6 months had gone by with players asking NexonKorea to allow Zeros on Reboot and they always denied those requests. You knew you weren't going to get to play Zero going in.
    didn't they nerfed Zero recently? Zero is no longer OP class anymore... I would understand if Zero was some OP class like in its prime but right now I heard that it has been heavily nerfed
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Yep zero was nerfed in to the ground
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

Yep zero was nerfed in to the ground
    so since Zero is no longer "premium" I don't see why Reboot world can't have them... It is no longer special so what is a reason banning him from reboot?

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    All I can say is...Zero also offers an OP Link skill/Character card wombo combo stuff...starts at an inflated level...and gets a ton of stuff faster than even a laggy bot could manage :P ALthough the EXP boost would be AMAZING...I can't support Zero coming to Reboot :T
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    I don't quite get why people call Zero's character card OP. At S-rank, it's only a 6% bonus, at SS it's 8%. That's not a lot.
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

I don't quite get why people call Zero's character card OP. At S-rank, it's only a 6% bonus, at SS it's 8%. That's not a lot.
    Add 2% to each of those.
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I think part of Zero not being available in Reboot has to do with them starting at lv 100
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    AaronHusky

I think part of Zero not being available in Reboot has to do with them starting at lv 100
    Would it be that hard to have it start at level 10 with most of the leveling being in a "dream sequence" in normal maple. It's been a while since I've played Zero so I apologize if it's a dumb thought. The only thing I can think of that it'd interfere with would be the skill points, since iirc it starts with 0 at lvl 100.
    Maybe make it a 1 part quest with 1-49 people on Alpha's side then 50-99 on Beta's letting you try out all the kills before you "wake up" or whatever. With how easy leveling is at low levels I don't think it would be hard to do for the players.
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited November 2016
    I think the main issue of introducing Zero to Reboot (at this point since 200 has been feasibly reachable for anyone playing all along) has been how to balance the quest monsters of leveling the Zero.

Monsters in Reboot have several times the HP as in regular servers, so what exactly would be fair numbers for these quests given that you don't get much mesos early for cubing? It would be a bit difficult to decide what is too strong or what is too weak in terms of balance and monsters generally start at like 2.5x the hp in Reboot even at early levels which would be very hard to kill without funding. Now that Reboot has been out for a while, though, I don't see much issue in leaning towards the stronger side for monsters and introduce Zero as is since it would not be your first character anyway (doesn't it require you to already have a lvl 100 or something?)
    For anyone who might mention it, I don't think that cubing Zero's weapon is any more OP than on regular servers, where Zero is deemed as under-powered anyway.

I support the introduction of Zero into Reboot.

EDIT: For people saying the character card and link is OP for Reboot, what justification is there for it being "fair" on regular servers? There is no sense in saying something is OP and including it in regular servers and not in Reboot because in Reboot the character range ceiling is lower because of Bonus Potential already. This is one of the major drawbacks of Reboot, not the act of excluding other features from Reboot because "it wouldn't be fair" (no one said that but I'm sorta getting that vibe) or any similar reasoning.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    No support from me...like...Zero is a god...and hence we don't need gods in Reboot. Also, Zero basically gets crafting levels handed to it...a 140 gear set that is pretty dang good...and just a fast leveling to 180 even by Reboot standards.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    As hypocritical as it may be, I still think Zero should have been a 1 time class since it was originally introduced as such. This would be a nonissue then
  • FlareyuFlareyu
    Reactions: 455
    edited February 2017
    I support having Zero on reboot as long as you have a lvl150 character on the server since they start very high. I believe there was a level creation restriction in the first place too. They're a fun class, not overpowered and provide a useful link skill and character card. The argument that "KMS doesn't have it" shouldn't be considered because GMS is their own server and we already have plenty of things that KMS doesn't (ex. Kanna, Hayato, Gollux, Commerci) while they have things we don't (ex. 2 Reboot Servers, 30 channels, lvl25 star enhancements, flames). All characters should be opened up for creation for a more diverse and fun game.
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited February 2017
    I also do not support this idea. You're in reboot, you should not get a zero. Sorry.
  • FlareyuFlareyu
    Reactions: 455
    edited February 2017
    gvnalmanza wrote: »
    I also do not support this idea. You're in reboot, you should not get a zero. Sorry.
    Why shouldn't reboot get a Zero? There's no reason for a character to be unplayable and I can't see any significant advantages over other characters.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    One reason is that they still want to have normal servers have some kind of + side other than trading, another is that Reboot players do not need the EXP boost from Zero anyway (they already have a highly boosted EXP accumulation) which is what most people in reboot are QQ'ing over anyway.

Normal servers: Trading and Zero
    Reboot: only pay for Cosmetics and high EXP rates
    JettLuvsU
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited February 2017
    In my opinion, since reboot does not cost real money to cube ( which is an essential and fundamental way to get really powerful) it would just draw even more players into reboot rather than stay in the regular servers if reboot allowed zeros in. I think that reboot getting this HUGE advantage in cubing and what not, SHOULD come with a price. Reboot should definitely be disadvantaged in other areas, it does not deserve ALL advantages, and it certainly doesn't deserve priority since it is VERY clear that regular servers still bring in the most revenue for the game. So basically Reboot should never EVER get zeros. :D I have a character in reboot but honestly I still prefer the regular servers.