[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My ideas for a Nova Mage/Archer class

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I had a dream last night. It inspired me to make this post. Lets just get into it.

Nova Mage Possibilities

1. Nature Mage/Sage
-Backstory(really Rough, not all that well fleshed out yet) : A Nova character (I imagine as a girl with my drawing concepts I have...will upload later) is in the woods, when they get attacked by a surprise group of...Specters! Oooh scary. The character is defenseless...but a large wall of plants comes and stops the Specters. The Nova character is rescued by a Tree spirit (or Verdant/High Flora) and taken away to a "Tree" house. The Spirit offers her its strength if the character will protect Grandis from threats. They agree and begin to grow their strength.
-Basic Skill ideas: Uses the powers of stone, water, and plant...the powers of Nature. Main weapon would be a Wand, secondary is a "Magic Circle" carrying magical runes on it. Appears similarly to a shield, but different stat make-up.

2. Rune Master (Not as well thought out right now)
-Backstory: a Nova scholar studying magic. They find themselves delving into hidden magic, and actually sneak into Heliseum to steal a book. Opening the book causes quite the ruckus and they end up pulled away back to Pantheon. The Book won't leave you alone...so you start using it to grow stronger. Eventually the book will show you events (possibly backstory on Grandis, Magnus, etc) as if it were trying to speak to you.
-Basic Skill Ideas: Uses spell book to cast advanced spells using Arcane Magic. Spell Book (unique weapon) with a secondary as a "Magic Circle" to help harness the powerful magic contained in the spell book. First secondary is gained at level 30 when you start learning "Rune" spells which may require a simple combo of sorts...or just being skills that are changed with certain buffs/stances.

Nova Archer Possibilities

1. Bard (How has this not been done yet...even Mabinogi has a Bard class)
-Backstory: a Nova (boy in my concept art) with a talent for his harp. Playing music makes him a bit of an odd-ball compared to other Nova kids, but one day...someone breaks his most special of harps. He goes to the edge of Pantheon in anger...where a stranger presents him with a strange Bow-harp. The Stranger leaves...only asking him to use it carefully...and humming a little tune to himself.
-Basic Skill Ideas: Musical themed skills. Maybe have party buffs to either strengthen the party or enhance training (like HS) Main weapon is a Bow-Harp (unique weapon) combined with a Music Scroll for secondary (Whats a bard without some music).

2. Sky Splitter
-Backstory: pending right now
-Basic Skill ideas: Uses the Nova power of flight to do some impressive archery stunts. Main weapon is a Bow, with a secondary weapon being "Wing Armor".

I might add drawings, skill concept art, etc depending on level of interest. My one dream is to have this sent to KMS because I legit dreamed about these in "Maplestory Anime" like most intro videos for the classes. @Arwoo I honestly want your input the mostestest :P
MageOfBattlesscholar624MasumuneZ
  1. Any of these you like?16 votes
    1. All of them! Send them to KMS Developers right now!
       31% (5 votes)
    2. Nature Mage/Sage, I want to harness the power of Nature!
       13% (2 votes)
    3. Rune Master, I want to use powerful Arcane magic!
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Bard, I want to use the power of Music!
       25% (4 votes)
    5. Sky Splitter, I want to FLY!
       13% (2 votes)
    6. Both Mages, but the archers are boring.
       13% (2 votes)
    7. Both Archers, the mages are boring.
       0% (0 votes)
    8. None of them, you boring potato.
       6% (1 vote)
    9. Other (feel free to comment your thoughts)
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    The lack of interest is kinda sad...but I finished a concept drawing of Rune Master. Going to upload after I reinstall my scanner software (it keeps acting up)
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited June 2017
    I really like the Nature sage and Sky splitter, the idea of an actually good aerial class (*cough cough* BT Hawk mode *cough* *cough*) is really enticing and I'd think it'd be fun to play.
    DiscordOfColors
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    :3 I'm interested in this I'd say all of them because it looks cool.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Well my scanner is still giving me trouble...I'll have to ask someone to take a look at it. I could draw some really bad MS Paint versions of my current skill concepts...-sigh- at least interest has gone up a little.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited June 2017
    Bard seens quite interesting, considering Bard is a litte off compared to most archers, but they could just make Bard the third archre explorer¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Right now I wanna make a class called...

Throw the Scanner out the window. =3= My camera won't focus on my drawing with much ease either...so yeah.

On the bright side...Skill concepts!
    Rune Master:
    1. Spell Skimming - Randomly flip pages in the spell book to find special runes! Applies a random buff similar to certain runes found in the field (similar to Roll of the Dice or BT cards) Buffs include: Recovery/Life Steal, Attack Speed Increase/Swiftness, Attack Power increase/Destruction Debuff, Drop rate/EXP increase, Boss Damage/Might, and I am still deciding on the Rune of Darkness and Rune of Skill buffs.
    Appearance of this buff would be a spell book flipping pages and then the symbol of a Rune will appear and then apply whatever buff it has. Likely a 2nd or 3rd job Skill.
    2. Spell Swords: Summon ancient swords made of pure magic. Skill would be a 4th job Full Map type attack.
    3. Ancient Blessing: Buff Skill, increases damage and maybe another stat of Nexon's choice.

Sky Splitter:
    1. Splinter: With a great jump of your wings, put your might into your bow and throw it to the ground. Leaves DoT "Splinters" that last about 10-15 seconds. Likely a 4th job skill.
    2. Flight Mastery: Allows you to sustain flight and use certain attacks. Passively increases Weapon Mastery and other stats. Probably 2nd job skill
    3. Shot jump: Shoot arrows and fly upwards. (Similar to Cannoneer) Likely 2nd or 3rd job skill.

Bard:
    1. Disharmony: Attack with a painful song. Applies a Debuff. 3rd job skill that gets enhanced in 4th job.
    2. Song of the Ancients: Buff skill, applies to Party. Increases Critical damage, and Attack.
    3. Dragon Voice: Summon the song of an Ancient Nova. Pushes enemies back. 2nd or 3rd Job skill.

Nature Mage:
    1. Tangle of Flora: Summon magical vines to attack your enemies. 2nd job skill
    2. Wind and Stone: Control large stones with the power of the wind. 3rd Job Skill
    3. Whirlpool: Spin around with a flurry of Water. 3rd job skill
    4. Landslide: Combine the Elements of Water, Stone, and plant to smash your enemies. Applies a Debuff. 4th Job skill.
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    well, you'd have to suggest THESE to Korea Maple Story, cause it's not Global MapleStory's job to implement Nova class...
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Silva wrote: »
    well, you'd have to suggest THESE to Korea Maple Story, cause it's not Global MapleStory's job to implement Nova class...

If I knew how to...I would. Hence why I hope this might go to the right place with the help of people like the VFMs and Arwoo. Id like to think they are good ideas.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    So I took a terrible phone photo...yay
    Z8Hwpb0.jpg
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    Reactions: 965
    edited June 2017
    nice ideas i really like the bard one tho, and if maplestory wasn't dividing items by class i would suggest a bard to be based off magic attack and dex, tho a simple solution could be to have a passive to make 50% of attack turned into m.att (seeing as magic attack is less valued to attack, this wouldn't make set effect over powered with their x att and magic att bonus)

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    nice ideas i really like the bard one tho, and if maplestory wasn't dividing items by class i would suggest a bard to be based off magic attack and dex, tho a simple solution could be to have a passive to make 50% of attack turned into m.att (seeing as magic attack is less valued to attack, this wouldn't make set effect over powered with their x att and magic att bonus)

Not a bad idea...currently gonna start working on my Bard concept drawings...I am no master of Maple artstyle though (if you look at Rune Master above) Bard seems to be the most popular of the group though...which I am glad for.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited June 2017
    I actually wrote up a fictional music inspired Nova Mage character including storyline, detailed skill descriptions, and overall class philosophy.

fair warning, the character's background story is looooooooong. Really wanted to incorporate a certain "someone" , giving them a little bit more background than a mere cameo appearance they have currently.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    scholar624 wrote: »
    I actually wrote up a fictional music inspired Nova Mage character including storyline, detailed skill descriptions, and overall class philosophy.

fair warning, the character's background story is looooooooong. Really wanted to incorporate a certain "someone" , giving them a little bit more background than a mere cameo appearance they have currently.

Wow...Welcome to the "Bard" club then. I just see Bard as more of an archer than a mage. Most games I've been through have Bards as archers...with cool Bows that also are Harps.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Bard Concept art a la phone
    lzCKKbz.jpg
    scholar624
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited July 2017
    I suggested SO many times in past to make Erda as Nova Mage, the NPC who helped you to infiltrate into Tyrant Castle. Skills related to Magnus would be sick :P