[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Small change to Demon Avenger's Demonic Blast

RailBirdRailBird
Reactions: 2,450
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've been trying to figure out how to use Demon Avenger's new 5th job skill and I have come to the conclusion that's it's a godawful skill in it's current state. Unless this was designed for people with an extra hand it's incredibly annoying to keep a button pressed down for 7 seconds while moving around and attacks monsters using other skills. To make matters worse is that the reward for doing this, an AoE attack with very little reach, is hardly worth the effort of actually completely charging it.
My idea is to make this skill work kinda like a toggle skill, where pressing it once starts charging it, and pressing it again releases it. This way you still have the challenge of managing it because keeping it on for too long only drains your HP.
  1. Would changing Demonic Blast to said system significantly improve this skill?7 votes
    1. Yes
       43% (3 votes)
    2. No
       57% (4 votes)

Comments

• Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    This skill deals 100% crit chance and 100% ignore defense. That is the best we can hope for. This skill is very strong. obviously it will have some drawback. If they change it into toggle, Nexon might reduce the effect. I found it a bit of inconvinience at first. Buit after a few changes on the button, i manage to find the best way to utilise it. It is pretty op especially on mobbing. Just need to get used to it. Now DA have 2 mobbing skills, 1 with a huge range and the other with middle range (Demonic Blast)
    DarkPassenger
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited June 2017
    You can manage the HP loss from the 5th Job skills. Switch your attacks to use Nether Slice and Nether Shield only in conjunction with the 5th job skills and your HP should stay somewhat up. If you need to, use Forbidden Contract every so often if it starts to dip below 50%. Just don't use Exceed based skills or your HP will tank quickly.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited June 2017
    I don't think this change is going to make the skill any better, but that being said, I don't think the skill has a place in my rotation in its current state.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited June 2018
    Same here it is completely useless garbage, save the node slot for a decent skill node