[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When gambling with nebs goes too far

UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
Reactions: 1,555
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in General Chat
I am disappointed in my defeat, after fusing dozens of nebs I have not come upon even 1 desired neb for profit

I kept going believing that 1 has to show up, but nopee

I have lost 6 billion mesos in an attempt to score big but failed miserably

Now you're probably wondering why I would do this in the first place, It's because i

1. Wanted to try to score big, there are 12 nebs in the pool that are profitable (yet I didn't even get 1 lol)

2. It was for experience, I'll probably try again for revenge

3. For the fun of it, I will be making x5 the mesos of what I lost soon enough so it doesn't bother me as much

4. I like to take risks (my 11 star tyant cape from starforce enchancing says so)

I guess this can be considered a warning to not gamble on fusing nebs for profit (or a warning to not gamble at all), but I say it was just bad luck for me :D

I forgot how many [A] nebs there are in total but it's somewhere around 70-80 I believe, anyways there are 12 good nebs so I thought I had a good shot

Don't gamble kids!

Comments

• UkrMaplerUkrMapler
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2017
    When you're playing against RNG, anything can happen!
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    UkrMapler wrote: »
    When you're playing against RNG, anything can happen!

True, I've seen it for myself lol
  • EtrayoEtrayo
    Reactions: 905
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    The nebulite system is a complete and utter joke compared to flames. Unreliable to get, and even when you get them they're unreliable to yield anything decent. The only way anyone gets their end game A nebs is from Dupers. Nexon literally has a system in place that can only be utilized by hackers lmao. What in the hell kind of logic is that.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2017
    Etrayo wrote: »
    The nebulite system is a complete and utter joke compared to flames. Unreliable to get, and even when you get them they're unreliable to yield anything decent. The only way anyone gets their end game A nebs is from Dupers. Nexon literally has a system in place that can only be utilized by hackers lmao. What in the hell kind of logic is that.

They could dupe the flames dropped from bosses. It wouldn't be effective because those flames just serve only to give stats to old items or for extraction. The rest of the flames have expiration dates.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

They could dupe the flames dropped from bosses. It wouldn't be effective because those flames just serve only to give stats to old items or for extraction. The rest of the flames have expiration dates.

I believe hackers will always get what they want regardless which one is implemented. About there being a lack of enforcement just speeds up the process that the players can actually see.

In terms of Nebulites I support it for a revamp along with the release of S Nebulites making them more accessible for both Reboot and Non-Reboot players. This also includes adding Nebulite Diffusers into the Reward Shop

I also support Bonus Potential Cubes within Reward Shop. I will also go as far as to introduce it into Reboot for continued player growth to increase their end-game cap so they're not just stuck with Potentials, Nebulites, and Star Force.

Another suggestion I will support are Additional Options with the 15 to 25 Star Force expansion for continued player growth for both Reboot and Non-Reboot players.

Just because such revamps or accessibility is made doesn't mean the entire player-base will have overpowered items on day one. It does increase power-creep but this is an MMO it's practically unavoidable. There will also always be players that will always get ahead of the pack and get there before any average player would.

The main issues with Bonus Potential and Nebulites is the lack of accessibility to players within game content (trading, and cash shop does not count).

The main issue why Additional Options and 25 Star Force expansion was not released due to the fear of power-creep and that it'll only benefit the end-game players. While it is true that end-game players will benefit more, doesn't mean average players can't. I'm pretty sure Additional Options is more balanced than the current Nebulite and Bonus Potential system (if Nexon America introduces it properly).

Just because the system may seem unbalanced doesn't mean it has to be. There can always be a way of re-adjusting it for the players. Unfortunately I feel that many of us have been knee-capping each other in terms of segregation of Reboot VS Non-Reboot, or Free-to-Play VS Pay-to-Win. I believe we can all co-exist without having to get rid of one or the other. But there does need to be balance.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited June 2017
    I am disappointed in my defeat, after fusing dozens of nebs I have not come upon even 1 desired neb for profit

I kept going believing that 1 has to show up, but nopee

I have lost 6 billion mesos in an attempt to score big but failed miserably

Now you're probably wondering why I would do this in the first place, It's because i

1. Wanted to try to score big, there are 12 nebs in the pool that are profitable (yet I didn't even get 1 lol)

2. It was for experience, I'll probably try again for revenge

3. For the fun of it, I will be making x5 the mesos of what I lost soon enough so it doesn't bother me as much

4. I like to take risks (my 11 star tyant cape from starforce enchancing says so)

I guess this can be considered a warning to not gamble on fusing nebs for profit (or a warning to not gamble at all), but I say it was just bad luck for me :D

I forgot how many [A] nebs there are in total but it's somewhere around 70-80 I believe, anyways there are 12 good nebs so I thought I had a good shot

Don't gamble kids!

Yet why do young adults still gamble, can't you kids ever grow up:(.
    You're 11star tyrant cape means you want "power". Tho I'm afraid the botters are the ones calling the shots against us "The Real Life players". So yea the first ones to lv250 are example of the botters who are flooding the FM with dupes, or hacking away in all higher lv areas.