[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I want housing in this game

SockerfriSockerfri
Reactions: 1,020
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
a place where your guildies can hang out and beating up bosses can result in furniture drops that you can use to customize the house further!
i think this would be neat!

imagine having the head of horntail hanging above a furnace! >:)
SparkzJettLuvsUAsylumKlaraRollsAlkobyChingTheMonkeyDaxterbeerIts2Sharp4UMageOfBattlesand 11 others.

Comments

• ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    I totally agree! I would really love something like that!
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2017
    HHAAHAHAHAA BREHHHHH you really think the designers will give us that without us paying. me i use the swamp hut as my kaisers place while no one goes there as well as the rien library as my guild base as well as my bishop log spot i recommend you use places in game no one uses like that big mansion in the demon place near gollux that makes a dope base ;p.
    Traveler5577
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited July 2017
    Yes please, also have a wardrobe where you can easily customize your character and compare looks and a character specific storage. So many other games have this feature, why not maple? Could make use of all the empty houses/residential areas in towns.
    riza wrote: »
    HHAAHAHAHAA BREHHHHH you really think the designers will give us that without us paying. me i use the swamp hut as my kaisers place while no one goes there as well as the rien library as my guild base as well as my bishop log spot i recommend you use places in game no one uses like that big mansion in the demon place near gollux that makes a dope base ;p.

What we mean by housing is a feature rich interactive area, not just another map in the game. Some classes like zero, ab, mercedes, etc have their own "housing" but there's not much to do in them. Compare that to something like this:

hell even this:
  • camra94camra94
    Reactions: 760
    edited July 2017
    This would be amazing! But sadly I do not see it happening.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2017
    My characters should be able to enjoy a luxurious room with a:

-Pool Table
    -70" HDR TV
    -Claw Machines
    - Sushi Bar
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    good thing for me, Phantom already has his own ship/home
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited July 2017
    Sockerfri wrote: »
    a place where your guildies can hang out and beating up bosses can result in furniture drops that you can use to customize the house further!
    i think this would be neat!

imagine having the head of horntail hanging above a furnace! >:)

head of horntail above the furnace? seems a little bit odd.
    edited July 2017
    Truthfullly, I dont see any use in having a house. It's a 2D game, wont look too appealing. Just to decorate it kinda seems useless. Something to think about for maplestory 2, but not this one.

Isnt that what the farm is about?
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    That would be SOOO CUTE, like having pink bean stuff as a furniture >=< i want it p_p
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Truthfullly, I dont see any use in having a house. It's a 2D game, wont look too appealing. Just to decorate it kinda seems useless. Something to think about for maplestory 2, but not this one.

Well u don't see the point of people buying cash item EXCEPT to look cute and customize *^* thats what housing is like... but i guess u can't really show it, but it's better than most guild making a CC and FM spot as there hq
    edited July 2017
    HoneyWater wrote: »

Well u don't see the point of people buying cash item EXCEPT to look cute and customize *^* thats what housing is like... but i guess u can't really show it, but it's better than most guild making a CC and FM spot as there hq

I dont buy nx covers to look cute.

Thats a bad comparison because nx covers cover armor and weapons.

housing would be for what, just to go there to log off or afk? how exactly is it the same as nx gear. It just seems like a bad system to implement for 3 reasons,

1: No one is telling them they need a guild head quarters or that they need to have a hang out spot.
    2: How would the layout of the "house" be in a 2d universe? there wouldnt be enough room for every single person unless it's a portable house, like the farm.
    3: Nx covers arent like housing. and implementing this into the game will call for even more bugs. How much would "furniture cost?" what else would I need to buy for the house to look "appealing"? Would it even be worth customizing?
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited July 2017

housing would be for what, just to go there to log off or afk? how exactly is it the same as nx gear. It just seems like a bad system to implement for 3 reasons,

1: No one is telling them they need a guild head quarters or that they need to have a hang out spot.
    2: How would the layout of the "house" be in a 2d universe? there wouldnt be enough room for every single person unless it's a portable house, like the farm.
    3: Nx covers arent like housing. and implementing this into the game will call for even more bugs. How much would "furniture cost?" what else would I need to buy for the house to look "appealing"? Would it even be worth customizing?

I disagree. The way I see it, NX covers don't serve much of a purpose at all, and that's more for yourself, whereas housing is something you could have a lot of fun with with your friends and guildmatez.
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited July 2017
    honestly i use Sleepywood as my base for all my toons. and theres a spa there. xD its more home to me then the other areas right now. plus the temple area where zero gets to go to to get away is nice too but i want a change how that looks ... at least make it seasonal time to time. sighs. but sleepywood works for me the best. if there will be housing make it where theres one for each area so the players can choose which one they want and where it is. that would be fun also.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017

Thanks for the comment first of all*

But like, Not all People just buy NX cover to cover there Armor and Weapon, Some people buy it to look cute, They even have a cute little event for the costume of the month,

Housing could also have a lot of Potential :o, like Elluel(hope i spelled it right) But Elluel has a teleportation at the end of the map which is Mercedes Home, It would be great if u could spend NX to buy a 90 day version of a teleporter (I wish i could say Permanent but Nexon wouldnt do that u_u ). It COULD also be a nice place for guildies to come, MAYBE U CAN EVEN BUY NPC FOR IT, THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY CUTE. Maybe you can even Buy Chest to Store Untradable Gear, Since for some reason u can't Store Untradable gear in ur Storage . _. , If Housing could have any of those. It would somewhat be like Nx Covers

for example: Some people like you buy Nx cover to Cover armor and Weapon, just like how Some people if Housing had any of the things i listed ^, and was a thing, would just use it to go places, and just easily find Npc's to buy items, Potion, maybe Store things.

Then there's those people that buy nx cover and NX item to look cute (MEEEEE)
    and for Housing, i should be able to Hang up my Achievements, Maybe take a Screenshot and make it into a Picture Frame, Maybe Hang up all my medals to see what i Accomplice. Showing How many time i killed Pink bean to Somehow get a Pink Bean Bean Chair if that was a thing....

So those should Answer the Question...

Also you also said u Bought Nx cover to cover ur weapon and armor... Thats customizing
    Pazzaz
    tumblr_mzu6pgg51b1r6bbvso1_400.gif