[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Do you enjoy the Jett revamp?

Comments

• SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited July 2017
    The 0 second CD on Starfall should NOT be removed. What does doing that do? Make the class back to literally having no mobbing.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The 0 second CD on Starfall should NOT be removed. What does doing that do? Make the class back to literally having no mobbing.

...I don't get it.
    Jett has some of the best mobility options in the game, if not THE best (beaten out probably be Hayato and Thunder Breaker), allowing her to move around the map far faster than any other class could possibly reach. Her mobbing being changed to "stand in one spot and spam Starfall" is bad in my eyes. I'd much prefer rushing down the enemy and using Backup Beatdown or Planet Buster.
    JettLuvsU
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »

...I don't get it.
    Jett has some of the best mobility options in the game, if not THE best (beaten out probably be Hayato and Thunder Breaker), allowing her to move around the map far faster than any other class could possibly reach. Her mobbing being changed to "stand in one spot and spam Starfall" is bad in my eyes. I'd much prefer rushing down the enemy and using Backup Beatdown or Planet Buster.

o-o Idk what you mean...my Jett (only level 40 mind you) has like...NO mobility...the skill casts are slow.
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited July 2017

...I don't get it.
    What mobility is this? Backup Beatdown is laughable.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

...I don't get it.

o-o Idk what you mean...my Jett (only level 40 mind you) has like...NO mobility...the skill casts are slow.

1st job Jet has Vortex Jump, which isn't the best option alone, but it still has better range than Space Walk.
    2nd Job's Vortex Cross has good range if a little delay, but combined with Vortex Jump you can jump between enemies regardless of the range.
    3rd job is where Jett obtains absolute mobile efficiency with Spacial Shift, allowing for two uses of Vortex Cross (including in the air), Starline 3 as a powerful dash attack, Falling Stars with great range and leaves you in the air to combo into Vortex Cross, and Cosmic Upheavel to force enemies you just left in the dust to GET OVER HERE. At this point Space Walk is no more than a small bonus to your jumps.

Once you master chaining together your mobility options, you are the king of the map, damn the distance between you and your enemy.

Though to be fair, the lv 250 Jett from the livestream yesterday did admit that Jett has a weak 2nd job, and I agree, without 2x it was kinda bland and uneventful.
    JettLuvsU
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited July 2017

...I don't get it.

1st job Jet has Vortex Jump, which isn't the best option alone, but it still has better range than Space Walk.
    2nd Job's Vortex Cross has good range if a little delay, but combined with Vortex Jump you can jump between enemies regardless of the range.
    3rd job is where Jett obtains absolute mobile efficiency with Spacial Shift, allowing for two uses of Vortex Cross (including in the air), Starline 3 as a powerful dash attack, Falling Stars with great range and leaves you in the air to combo into Vortex Cross, and Cosmic Upheavel to force enemies you just left in the dust to GET OVER HERE. At this point Space Walk is no more than a small bonus to your jumps.

Once you master chaining together your mobility options, you are the king of the map, damn the distance between you and your enemy.

Though to be fair, the lv 250 Jett from the livestream yesterday did admit that Jett has a weak 2nd job, and I agree, without 2x it was kinda bland and uneventful.

I agree that Jett's full map attack is in need of a nerf. However, jett has completely garbage mobbing without 0cd starfall. Yes, a Jett can move around the map at high speeds but they really can't kill the mobs once they reach them LMAO <- during 4th job at least. Jett's 3rd job mobbing is actually quite enjoyable.

Backup beatdown does a sad amount of damage and it feels like just tapping it for the final attack damage is faster. Planet buster is a good skill but the cd is too long to be used as the main mobbing skill. Cosmic upheaval would fix some of jett's problems but it doesnt work half the time when someone else is in the map with you. If jett were to get a cool down on starfall, they should definitely get a buff to their mobbing skills. I sometimes use 3rd job falling star instead because it at least looks nicer than garbage backup beatdown lmao.

Jett just needs a backup beatdown buff or a skill to replace it as the mobbing skill because it completely goes against the mobile pirate theme.
    My suggestions :
    -Give starfall a 60 sec cd, increase the damage
    while starfall is on cd i maybe give jett another final attack sort of thing like the way i/l and f/p mages have.
    -Increase the movement speed during backup beatdown or allow jumping during the cast
    increase the damage
    -fix cosmic upheaval glitches because it actually makes up for some of the loss of mobility during backup beatdown

BASICALLY NERF STARFALL AND GIVE JETTS AN ALTERNATIVE MOBBING SKILL THAT DOESNT MAKE ME WANT TO SHOOT MYSELF. I LOVE EVERYHING ABOUT JETTS BUT THAT ONE SKILL IS JUST DISGUSTING. I WON'T EVEN MIND IF THEY GIVE US A PASSIVE THAT UPGRADES FALLING STARS DAMAGE SO WE CAN USE THAT 4TH JOB INSTEAD. Or fix the starline combo so it doesn't feel clunky and useless to use all the skills together.
    Petalmagic
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I agree that Jett's full map attack is in need of a nerf. However, jett has completely garbage mobbing without 0cd starfall. Yes, a Jett can move around the map at high speeds but they really can't kill the mobs once they reach them LMAO <- during 4th job at least. Jett's 3rd job mobbing is actually quite enjoyable.

Backup beatdown does a sad amount of damage and it feels like just tapping it for the final attack damage is faster. Planet buster is a good skill but the cd is too long to be used as the main mobbing skill. Cosmic upheaval would fix some of jett's problems but it doesnt work half the time when someone else is in the map with you. If jett were to get a cool down on starfall, they should definitely get a buff to their mobbing skills. I sometimes use 3rd job falling star instead because it at least looks nicer than garbage backup beatdown lmao.

Jett just needs a backup beatdown buff or a skill to replace it as the mobbing skill because it completely goes against the mobile pirate theme.
    My suggestions :
    while starfall is on cd i maybe give jett another final attack sort of thing like the way i/l and f/p mages have.
    -Increase the movement speed during backup beatdown or allow jumping during the cast
    increase the damage
    -fix cosmic upheaval glitches because it actually makes up for some of the loss of mobility during backup beatdown

Jesus everybody hates Backup Beatdown, I remember liking it on my Zenith Jett and it doing good damage once the +1 additional hit hyper was unlocked. I reserve my right to make such judgements until I reach that point on my Reboot Jett.

Cosmic Upheaval doesn't seem fair to critique. All mob positioning skills, including dash attacks with push effects, pulling skills, and skills that just generally mess with monsters are affected by more than one person being in the map. It's a universal problem that has existed for a very good long time.

And if you want to improve on Starfall while still nerfing it, I dunno introduce a cooldown effect where a drone appears when on cooldown to increase number of hits (additional hits do 50% of skill damage) by 1.5x rounded up.
    JettLuvsU
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017

...I don't get it.

My suggestions :
    increase the damage

BASICALLY NERF STARFALL AND GIVE JETTS AN ALTERNATIVE MOBBING SKILL THAT DOESNT MAKE ME WANT TO SHOOT MYSELF. I LOVE EVERYHING ABOUT JETTS BUT THAT ONE SKILL IS JUST DISGUSTING. I WON'T EVEN MIND IF THEY GIVE US A PASSIVE THAT UPGRADES FALLING STARS DAMAGE SO WE CAN USE THAT 4TH JOB INSTEAD. Or fix the starline combo so it doesn't feel clunky and useless to use all the skills together.

Yeah, according to my friend, Jett is worthless damage wise without Starfall and its 0 Cooldown.
  • YellowSub38YellowSub38
    Reactions: 330
    edited July 2017
    As a Jett who was 175 before this update and enjoyed it, now 200 waiting for the 5th job advancement, here are the thoughts that come to mind about this update.

First and foremost - miss the old jump, the new jump is just slow to the point where I personally don't find it useful anymore.

Secondly - The UI still alerts me that I have to assign 10 skill points, but eveything is maxed. Wish it could clear it by just opening the skill tab, but it's constantly there.

Buff Durations needs a revisit - way to short especially for Bonic Maximizer and Slip Stream Suit. Even using extra buff durration from IA and Legion, I get 2 minutes of those buffs. Which wouldn't really bother me, but when mobbing and working up combo hits, the animation is very slow, especially for Bonic Maximizer, that I tend to reset my combo hits while trying to rebuff constantly tried with and without a macro, no difference. I ended up using StarFall since the animation/cast time is long, to rebuff myself so I can keep my combo counts going. Jett's native buffs lasted at most 4 minutes (with the excpetion of Bonic Maximize and Slip Stream at 2 minutes that I don't think they are affected by any extra buff duration ) but my maple warrior is 20 minutes when casted with the extra buff duration a huge gap IMO.

Always enjoyed Falling Stars visually and as a utility. Primarily use it in combo with Starline and Cosmic Upheavel when mobbing, I have noticed that when a monster spawns and touches me, it cuts the skill short mid animation sometime canceling it all together or if I do a quick tap of that skill button it cancels itself out. I do feel that it's range could be longer and the skill stronger as a 30 point skill in stead of a 20. I do prefer Falling Stars to Back Up Beatdown because it's easier to use and feels more satisfying when finishing a mob.

Back Up Beatdown - Totally get the concept of the skill and I think it could be good, but there are so many factors you have to think about while using it. It's great that it hits monsters both infront and behind me, but the extra damage at the end, is only on monsters in front, so I have to retap the skill and change direction in order to clear that monster group depending on which what I am facing and where the monsters have move to. Doesn't feel as satisifying as Falling Stars when clearing a mob and feels ineffective when bossing, especially a boss on the run like Magnus.

Singularity Shock - what's with the awful cast animation pre and post revamp? Because it takes so long, the monster targeted, usually an elite, by the time the skill has been casted and starts the attack sequence, the monster has moved and the skill doesn't actually hit anything. Jett's whole attack theme is speed, so why slow it down to a standstill with this skill that may or may not actually hit the targeted monster and takes so long to start attacking? The skill feels out of place and clunky in comparison to the rest of Jett's speed themed skills and in comparison to other classes hyper attack skills.

Star Fall - incoming nerf from what I hear and I undestand why some might think its over powered. Personally, it's not the fastest skill in the world, between cast delay and attacking reallly only found it usefull when recasting buffs and a quickish map/ledge clear before starting my map route again. It also has a small attack range when compared to Kanna's and Wind Archer's full map attacks among others.

Overall I doesn't really feel like an update/revamp, Jett might be a little stronger that in was a year ago, I didn't enhance her equipments getting to 200, but the buffs and skills stayed primarily the same. I excited to check out her 5th job skill....in another 6 hours....

JettLuvsUPetalmagicemperor52scholar624
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited July 2017
    I think what Jett's sorely lacking is an attack apart from the starline skills. Unless you're able to one shot mobs, starline 3 and 4 aren't very good options. There are alternatives, but it feels like there's something lacking with the class as a whole. Perhaps it's just me, but I can't get past having a dash attack as the main attacking skill, especially with the endlag it has. Anytime the main attacking/mobbing skill of a class isn't a viable attack option means that something's up.

Starfall is cool and all, but frankly it's boring to spam an fma. Cosmic upheaval is probably one of the saving graces of Jett. It, paired with fallings stars and vortex cross were the reasons why I got through 3rd job.
    JettLuvsUPetalmagicYellowSub38scholar624
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    I think what Jett's sorely lacking is an attack apart from the starline skills. Unless you're able to one shot mobs, starline 3 and 4 aren't very good options. There are alternatives, but it feels like there's something lacking with the class as a whole. Perhaps it's just me, but I can't get past having a dash attack as the main attacking skill, especially with the endlag it has. Anytime the main attacking/mobbing skill of a class isn't a viable attack option means that something's up.

Starfall is cool and all, but frankly it's boring to spam an fma. Cosmic upheaval is probably one of the saving graces of Jett. It, paired with fallings stars and vortex cross were the reasons why I got through 3rd job.

I got my Jett to 4th job...and I completely agree that Starline 3/4 are completely potato level...Starfall is one of the few things in Jett that actuallly...does damage? Isn't super slow?
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    How do you link their attacks? Star line or w.e. it says press it repeatedly but doesn't link.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Albinorock wrote: »
    How do you link their attacks? Star line or w.e. it says press it repeatedly but doesn't link.

Press the Attack button repeatedly, and you will go from Starline 1 to Starline 2, so on so forth.
    YellowSub38
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited July 2017
    Everyone seems to forget that mage explorers skill had 0 cooldown back to pre-bb, then these skills receive cooldown. Then we get DS Demon Cry, crying to be too OP, so adds a mechanism which you are using even more DF at each casting within 10 sec I believe. I think it's a cd skill now, but not really sure. Then pirate explorers all have Nautilus Strike. And now Jett with no cooldown. Why don't we remove cooldown of all these skills, so these classes can be great mobbers again like in old time. If they are considered too godly with cooldown removal, then remove Kanna Kishin effect and Frenzy Totem for good.

Lets make it fair.
    qwerm
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    Everyone seems to forget that mage explorers skill had 0 cooldown back to pre-bb, then these skills receive cooldown. Then we get DS Demon Cry, crying to be too OP, so adds a mechanism which you are using even more DF at each casting within 10 sec I believe. I think it's a cd skill now, but not really sure. Then pirate explorers all have Nautilus Strike. And now Jett with no cooldown. Why don't we remove cooldown of all these skills, so these classes can be great mobbers again like in old time. If they are considered too godly with cooldown removal, then remove Kanna Kishin effect and Frenzy Totem for good.

Lets make it fair.

Oh god please don't...Demon Cry is a CD skill...but its within reason. Jett just happens to be terrible without Starfall in 4th job.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited July 2017
    jetts still need much higher damage and the 0 cooldown full map attack patched.
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    A pathetic decision if you ask me. It's not the only class with a spammable full map attack....

It's not a pathetic decision. They listened to feedback and reacted based on that.
    Jett having 0 cd on Starfall just didn't fit well with GMS.

To be fair they should open a voting pool, just because some players complained that doesn't mean it is the majority.
    Sparkz
  • RavyravenRavyraven
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2017
    Kinda on the fence about making a Jett.
    They seem great, and what they have done With them looks great. But i dont want a nerfbat to slap my New char once ive grown custom to it
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Ravyraven wrote: »
    Kinda on the fence about making a Jett.
    They seem great, and what they have done With them looks great. But i dont want a nerfbat to slap my New char once ive grown custom to it

Then... don't get accustomed to it?
    Just don't spam Starfall. Find ways around Jett's shortcoming without spammable FMA, which isn't even a full FMA.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited July 2017
    way too much time passes between updates of gms exclusives and I doubt they gave jett the end game damage he needed. Starfall will be patched eventually.