[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Migration Delayed

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

WildFreek
    WildFreek said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

Here's a wild idea. If this merge really is going to be postponed by another whopping 6 months, wouldn't it be a kind gesture towards the European players to remove the IP-block on their GMS accounts so they can finally join their friends while Nexon is doing the behind-the-scenes work on merging both services. That way everyone is happy.
    That solves nothing for the people who want to play GMS on their EMS accounts, as you can't merge accounts when te migration happens. You'd have to make new accounts and lose you progress on Kradia/Elysium or Demethos/Luna if you really want to play GMS. Playing with 2 accounts just seems unnecessary. Just my opinion though, as people who have (almost) nothing to lose EMS might find that helpful but I wouldn't consider that an viable option
    Either way you lose your progress in EMS if you want to play on a GMS server, so it doesn't really matter which account you do it on.

If you intend to continue playing on the EMS servers, you can. Hopefully Nexon won't leave them without any updates for six months... although I believe that has happened before. Right before the last catch-up patch, in fact.

Anyway, I'm hoping for @KThxBaiNao to confirm or deny that screenshot. Reddit is too full of trolls for me to just take it at face value.
    Im verybcertain thats a fake, i sincerely doubt he would leak info like that in game.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    Thank you all for bringing that screenshot to my attention.

I do not speak in any official capacity from my personal characters. If someone asks me a question, I tell them (not verbatim) that I am not working, and am unable to answer their question. Or that I do not have any information to share.

Also - I've only ever referred to it as a migration. Never a merge.
    KeepComingBackYonaxMegaScienceCatooolooo
  • irikiiriki
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    soy de maplestory europa tengo una pregunta... esta habilitada la tienda para comprar nx? es que he comprado pero no me aparece las nx en el juego
  • StregozzioStregozzio
    Reactions: 210
    edited October 2016
    Is possible unlock the ip ? I want to play to the server reboot.
    Nimajneb
  • NimajnebNimajneb
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    Stregozzio

Is possible unlock the ip ? I want to play to the server reboot.
    Yes, pleeeeease. I going to restart anyways. I'm only interested in Reboot so I don't care about my EU account. Letting people start playing gms even without their ems account would make a lot of people happy.
  • ChaffeeChaffee
    edited October 2016
    People demands answers. All my Europe friends unite!
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Just wait for the merge it doesn't take that long anymore.
    YonaxWildFreek
  • ShacoTheTacooShacoTheTacoo
    Reactions: 340
    edited October 2016
    i guess no-one seen page 5 with what support have said :/

IP BLOCK might be a possibility but not for definite. They are only giving the higher ups a decision to see if removing the ip block would be ok

as people who want to play on the gms servers will have to make a new character to play on gms servers,

But yea no-one reads much in the thread :/
  • ShacoTheTacooShacoTheTacoo
    Reactions: 340
    edited October 2016
    ShacoTheTacoo
    Ive sent in a support ticket and this was their resonse

Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

We appreciate your understanding regarding the migration process. We value your input regarding the removal of the region limitation set for Global MapleStory. I will be forwarding this to our Game Team for consideration. I'm not able to provide details if this will be implemented or not since we are still focusing with the completion of the server migration. We truly value your interest in playing Global MapleStory.

Should you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

For events and updates, you can always visit our website.
    Sincerely,

GM Cerulase
    Nexon America, Inc.
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2016
    The only thing that isn't delayed is my MIGRAIN I'm having by read this stuff on a daily basis straight from nexon.

Ehh ehh ehhhh? Haha, humor.
  • XelthineXelthine
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited October 2016
    I do hope we get some news about the progression of the migration soon. I'm in dire need of new content, not to mention the revamp of my class.
    I'll put my hopes that the migration happens before the end of October, but I'll probably get disappointed :P
  • RebornedAndReadyRebornedAndReady
    Reactions: 700
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Heye Guys I Just spoil the merge date its on 18 October Cus all GMS Events will end so than they gonna merge and start the new events
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    RebornedAndReady

Heye Guys I Just spoil the merge date its on 18 October Cus all GMS Events will end so than they gonna merge and start the new events
    The patch on the 19th was scheduled long ago, that's why all the events end on the 18th. It's always this way, all (or almost all) events end before a new Game Update.
    The previous patch, installed in early September, already contained the selection screen for the two regions, so it looks like at that point they still thought the migration would happen as scheduled on September 28, in the middle of events.

We don't know what went horribly wrong a week before that scheduled migration, so we don't know whether they'll be able to have it fixed in time for the patch on the 19th. Maybe so, maybe no, but the fact that we're having a patch on that day doesn't mean the migration will necessarily happen then.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    Er, won't people that can play EMS now also be able to play GMS after the merge?
    @KThxBaiNao can you respond?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Er, won't people that can play EMS now also be able to play GMS after the merge?
    Yes, that was announced in the very first notices about the migration.
  • Simon_TemplarSimon_Templar
    edited October 2016
    I wish Nexowned would atleast release a statement so we know what to expect (timewise). The not knowing is what's killing me ;(
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    this is nexon were talking about who knows what there up to.
  • EMS_lormarkieEMS_lormarkie
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    On the maplestory europe website, the new cash shop promotions last only one week instead of the usual 2 weeks.
    Does that mean the migration will happen next week? :)
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited October 2016
    EMS_lormarkie

On the maplestory europe website, the new cash shop promotions last only one week instead of the usual 2 weeks.
    I saw that also mark, I wondered why everything ended next week aswell.
    Let's see if nexon decide to post some info this week :)

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    EMS_lormarkie

Certainly sounds like they're at least hoping to be ready for the migration with GMS' patch on the 19th.
    We'll see.