[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Adding gay marriage

Bawss01Bawss01
Reactions: 650
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It's 2017, the year of gays and special snowflakes.This needs to be added.
PinkBeautyTwizzzlersRollsFieldSkyStarrySWolf
  1. sould it be added35 votes
    1. lol no
       37% (13 votes)
    2. yes
       63% (22 votes)

Comments

• ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2017
    heres a thought. why not just love each other for who you are beyond the screen and your avatar. seriously, nothing needs to fixed about the game, what needs to be fixed is how people go about this
    DarkPassengerJettLuvsU
  • PinkBeautyPinkBeauty
    Reactions: 305
    edited July 2017
    We do love and accept each other beyond screen and avatar, therefore why not allow same gender marriage in the game? It doesn't make a difference anyway, people just make opposite gender characters to have the marriage. It's wrong to limit the marriage feature to male/female only. It is discriminative.
    JettLuvsU
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    edited July 2017
    They won't even let us cuss in chat by our own choice. What makes you think something as controversial as gay marriage is ever going to be a thing in MS?
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2017
    PinkBeauty wrote: »
    We do love and accept each other beyond screen and avatar, therefore why not allow same gender marriage in the game? It doesn't make a difference anyway, people just make opposite gender characters to have the marriage. It's wrong to limit the marriage feature to male/female only. It is discriminative.

then whats the problem here? if you clearly love each other for who you are beyond your screen and avatar, adding in gay marriage would feel pointless. it'd just be for an aesthetic purpose by then
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Controversial things shouldnt ever be brought into a video game. Bad words and censors arent because of society, it is because it is a kid friendly game and Nexon's policies.

Same gender marriage has to do with acceptance (force acceptance) and sociological perspective. I say forced acceptance because if there's someone that is against it, theyll have to either accept it against their will or stop playing, should sexuality ever be injected into the game.

Truthfully, I doubt anyone comes to play the game to find out the sexuality of others.

It's a 2d computer game, it is as far away from reality as it should be. Nexon has been doing good so far with not injecting the game and content with any type of propaganda. They appeased older threads about gender neutral nx covers.
    RegretfuIlyPetalmagicArcheryiJettLuvsUZeroBluxLair
  • Bawss01Bawss01
    Reactions: 650
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I didn't expect everybody to take this thread so seriously. lol
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Well that doesn't mean it still shouldn't be added o-o... this is a game after all . _. it can't really hurt anyone. Plus I'm sure they're working on it Arwoo did say something about it in the maplestory streams. So just.. hang in there o-o
  • HorsechubHorsechub
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    While we're at it, why can't my male character equip female gear?
    edited July 2017
    Horsechub wrote: »
    While we're at it, why can't my male character equip female gear?

they already made a post about it, they brought this up duing the re zero update, and I believe this in fact was appeased
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    If it's that some people might disagree with it, then they should just not do it. No one's going to be forced into it. There's getting to be more acceptance of this regardless, so it's not like having gay marriage is much different from not having it in terms of controversy, this whole conversation being proof of that.

Unless Nexon decides to add a gender or 70, I don't see any significant backlash happening if this is implemented. If anything, it's more people that'd buy NX for marriages.
    edited July 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    If it's that some people might disagree with it, then they should just not do it. No one's going to be forced into it. There's getting to be more acceptance of this regardless, so it's not like having gay marriage is much different from not having it in terms of controversy, this whole conversation being proof of that.

Unless Nexon decides to add a gender or 70, I don't see any significant backlash happening if this is implemented. If anything, it's more people that'd buy NX for marriages.

It would be propaganda.

No one would be forced into it but they would be forced to accept it.
    edited July 2017
    Above all else before adding more content, they should first address stability of the server. Legion raid Boss map already lags when youre inside. It lags when theres GM events.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited July 2017
    Gay marriage is degenerate and goes against God's command. Once my theocratic dictatorship comes to power, the white sharia patrol will put an end this.
    edited July 2017
    Arlong wrote: »
    Gay marriage is degenerate and goes against God's command. Once my theocratic dictatorship comes to power, the white sharia patrol will put an end this.

you cant say this kind of stuff, at least not on this forum.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    What's Korea's stance on LGBT relationships anyways?
    Not saying I concur or object, but I highly doubt Nexon America would make the change before any other Maple servers.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »
    Not saying I concur or object, but I highly doubt Nexon America would make the change before any other Maple servers.

Korea doesn't approve of them, but another Nexon game, Mabinogi, has same-gender marriages.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Korea doesn't approve of them, but another Nexon game, Mabinogi, has same-gender marriages.

Mmm... yeah I still doubt we'd ever get such a change before other MS servers.
    It just seems so not-important a change to implement. We don't get that much outcry for LGBT marriage in the game (hell, we don't even get any outcry for transgender characters), and Marriage in the first place doesn't have that big an impact in the game. So unless we were to get an update that happened to include such a change, it seems doubtful we would ever get it.
    I mean, when was the last time Nexon America implemented a change that had huge consequences or a big impact?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Mmm... yeah I still doubt we'd ever get such a change before other MS servers.
    It just seems so not-important a change to implement. We don't get that much outcry for LGBT marriage in the game (hell, we don't even get any outcry for transgender characters), and Marriage in the first place doesn't have that big an impact in the game. So unless we were to get an update that happened to include such a change, it seems doubtful we would ever get it.
    I mean, when was the last time Nexon America implemented a change that had huge consequences or a big impact?

Our entire wedding system (Amoria) was GMS-exclusive to begin with.

Anyway, it's all a question of money.
    The technical change is not that big or complex.
    If they think they'd make more money off gays buying wedding tickets than they'd lose from homophobes quitting (or forbidding their children to play), they'll add the option. Otherwise, they won't.
    I believe that un-censoring LGBT terms in the in-game chat was a good first step, especially since it met with no objection from the dreaded "Christian parents."
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited July 2017
    yea I just found out today that gay is no longer censored. Good, now I can properly spew my homophobia
    edited July 2017
    People want this game to be too much like real life.

to say objections come only from christian parents is rather dumb for there arent only christians that would oppose this. I dont oppose this because of any religious perspective, it is more about propaganda.

whats next, will we have to disclose sexuality when we create an account with any nexon game? will that be the next suggestion? schools do it, so why not creating video game accounts.
This discussion has been closed.