[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jett and what i think of it

AlkobyAlkoby
Reactions: 830
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
You know, there's a thing that says if it ain't broke don't fix it. Jett is garbage,sorry I don't care what you think of starfull, because it's all he have, nothing more. I suggest getting him to where he was pre revamp. Just think about it for a bit. Jett as a class was fine. It was just fine but it wasn't **** as it is now, the visual effect, the skill themself are just so worthless and ****.I'm sorry I don't care about the buffs, this class is just God damn awful, I suggest bringing him back to his old model and skills and giving him hypers that more suite Jett. When they reworked him they just ripped off the entire Jett model, and Jett himself. Replacing the clean white attacks with some purple shitty attack that deal no dmg and doesn't even suited what jett his. Is case you don't know I suggest you checking the Jett reveal at the maplestory YouTube channel for more original Jett gameplay.

Comments

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited July 2017
    If Jett requires an infinite FMA to be somewhat playable, perhaps it's time for a technical intervention. Imagine yourself a designer and you are tasked with giving Jett a skill overhaul. Now, keep an open mind and ask the following:

What trait/gimmick/quirk/skill does Jett currently have which sets them apart from other MS classes?
    How kind of a unique playstyle can be build around that particular trait?
    What supplemental skills are needed to make this playstyle engaging, challenging, and fun?
    RollsPlyoAtomicLairIts2Sharp4U
  • ItryNotToFlameItryNotToFlame
    Reactions: 220
    edited July 2017
    But can we agree that it may be necessary for an overhaul? After watching the stream with Arwoo and the Jett Main it just seems so.. poor. Statistically and then every skill is a setback, no mobility, no damage, it's honestly just sad. There's no justification for it.
    DiscordOfColors
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    But can we agree that it may be necessary for an overhaul? After watching the stream with Arwoo and the Jett Main it just seems so.. poor. Statistically and then every skill is a setback, no mobility, no damage, it's honestly just sad. There's no justification for it.

After playing Jett myself...I agree. Most of its skills are lackluster damage wise...and just clunky.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2017
    The original Jett was even less original than it is now; it was a copy of Corsair with a few Buccaneer skills slapped in.
    I do agree that it needs a bit of a retooling, but the old Jett isn't the way to go.
    JettLuvsUDiscordOfColors
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    Reactions: 965
    edited July 2017
    definitely fix jett's double jump, that's the worst double jump ever.. even worse than evan's lol
  • BfortbattleBfortbattle
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2017
    scholar624 wrote: »
    If Jett requires an infinite FMA to be somewhat playable, perhaps it's time for a technical intervention. Imagine yourself a designer and you are tasked with giving Jett a skill overhaul. Now, keep an open mind and ask the following:

What trait/gimmick/quirk/skill does Jett currently have which sets them apart from other MS classes?
    How kind of a unique playstyle can be build around that particular trait?
    What supplemental skills are needed to make this playstyle engaging, challenging, and fun?

Jett, gains loads of jump/movespeed due to his skills, you would expect it to be a very mobile class. yet his flash jump doesnt even go forward, and the casting timefor other moving skills is way too long for a "fast paste pirate". It really feels like you're playing a mage instead of a pirate.

Aside from most his skills not fitting the class at all, his skills just don't do damage at all, 1st/2nd/3rd job you just use the first job's punch because it deals more damage then anything else
    JettLuvsU
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited July 2017
    When I played Jett, I honestly though that most of the skill casts take way too long. They need to be MUCH MUCH SHORTER.

But that's just my opinion.
    JettLuvsUPetalmagic
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Okay, I think we need to clear something up here.
    Starfall? Good skill, right? The best?
    You are comparing a FMA with almost 1500% per attack, three times, on up to 15 enemies, that also has the action speed of most other attacks in the game, with much smaller scale attacks, one of which is a pummeling attack that can do about 225% per attack 3 times (after hyper) every 0.3 or 0.2 seconds on up to 6-8 enemies directly in front of you, or a rapid fire skill that does something over 300% per strike.
    You are all being spoiled by Starfall basically. There isn't THAT much wrong with Jett's damage. The problem is that all of your minimum standards have been shot all the way up by this one skill, and I know for a fact you will all overreact to when Starfall gets a cooldown because "it's Jett's only good skill!". Bullcrap it is.

Jett should not be able to 2 hit or 1 hit an enemy just because they have a spammable FMA. No one should.
    When I played Jett, I honestly though that most of the skill casts take way too long. They need to be MUCH MUCH SHORTER.

This I agree with. Not only that, but Jett is currently the only class* who's Maple Warrior still has a cast animation. Even Hayato and Kanna don't have cast animations on their MW.

*Not tested on Beast Tamer
    JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4U
  • MhatMhat
    Reactions: 640
    edited July 2017
    I want to say that since the revamp Jetts flash jump isn't what it used to be. You could get alot further/higher before.
    JettLuvsU
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »
    You are comparing a FMA with almost 1500% per attack, three times, on up to 15 enemies, that also has the action speed of most other attacks in the game, with much smaller scale attacks, one of which is a pummeling attack that can do about 225% per attack 3 times (after hyper) every 0.3 or 0.2 seconds on up to 6-8 enemies directly in front of you, or a rapid fire skill that does something over 300% per strike.
    You are all being spoiled by Starfall basically. There isn't THAT much wrong with Jett's damage. The problem is that all of your minimum standards have been shot all the way up by this one skill, and I know for a fact you will all overreact to when Starfall gets a cooldown because "it's Jett's only good skill!". Bullcrap it is.

Jett should not be able to 2 hit or 1 hit an enemy just because they have a spammable FMA. No one should.

This I agree with. Not only that, but Jett is currently the only class* who's Maple Warrior still has a cast animation. Even Hayato and Kanna don't have cast animations on their MW.

Only thing I can say is...with my Jett, I compared its damage to explorers of similar level/gearing (In my case 140 with clean Pensalir) not just in Range but in overall time it takes to kill mobs...(such as DIPQ where I get a lovely little timer to see just how long it takes) Jett is kinda pitiful in comparison even to my I/L which has less range but better lines.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Xenomata wrote: »

Only thing I can say is...with my Jett, I compared its damage to explorers of similar level/gearing (In my case 140 with clean Pensalir) not just in Range but in overall time it takes to kill mobs...(such as DIPQ where I get a lovely little timer to see just how long it takes) Jett is kinda pitiful in comparison even to my I/L which has less range but better lines.

yea jett its and was very weak untill starfall thing wich made jett boost alooot and its nice but sadly wont be for long as they say ;(
    at least they can tunedown the %dmg to 500-600 instead of cd
    because as it is i cant say its not broken OP but over the years all class had some good periods and bad period boost/nerf/boost i guss jett deserve that for once and it happend more then we could ask so yea
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited July 2017
    gms exclusive classes aren't updated frequently enough. I haven't taken a good look at jett but I would be willing to bet its still lacking endgame damage. Also 0 cd Starfall is stupid and will be patched eventually.
    JettLuvsU