[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Missing Party Questing

Player1Player1
Reactions: 1,040
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in General Chat
So maple... has kinda degraded on the partying department. I think the only times people want to party up now are during high level boss raids (or carries), 2x events (because if you don't you might end up getting your map taken away by a rude person, unless you're capable of taking a whole map to yourself), when you need a kanna and you don't have a second computer, when you need HS and you do have a second computer, when you're a nice person, if you played maple for a long time and have guild mates and friends from different worlds who transferred into reboot with you (sometimes works), and when there's a new person or a person who played maple long ago who just got back and doesn't know what to do or what they're doing.

(P.S. if i missed anything on the list, feel free to add more)

But rather than doing party quests now a days, we end up just grinding from 1 all the way to 250 (whether it's solo mob grinding or grinding low level/easy bosses). And players end up doing a lot of things on their own, meaning player to player relationships can be hard to make. Personally, unless I've helped someone in a way (mostly in the lower levels; teaching them a way to kill mobs more effectively, if you're a phantom/bishop/beast tamer giving an exp buff, or being a kanna), they would always tell me to change channels if I wanted to join them in the grind.

So... Now I'm just looking around for any way really to start partying up with people and not be antisocial by speed leveling up from 1 to 250 in (maybe less than) a month. (granted I've never actually gotten to 180, at least in reboot)

Comments

• HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited July 2017
    It's because people complained about partyquests giving more exp than grinding mobs. This can be seen with kenta pq where for a while it was the fastest way to 200 so nexon nerfed it and once again party quests were useless. This is the same for romeo and juliet, ludi pq ect. There are also no worthwhile rewards. There must be a purpose to pqs for people to do them i.e. large amounts of money, exp, or endgame gear. im sure if crinsomwood pq came back people would want to do that for the onyx apples, and kanajars. As for farming, they just introduced a patch that eliminated leeching with the purpose to get entire parties to start killing but instead now less people party. One person can solo entire maps so partying is quite useless along with party quests.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited July 2017
    We did have a recent discussion thread gathering feedback and suggestions on ways of improving PQs to make them more enjoyable and more rewarding than they are currently.

Please feel free to add any additional ideas or suggestions you can think of regarding the matter.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited July 2017
    It's not that the exp is bad, it's that mobs are giving too much exp. 1 pq will get you enough exp to almost level in your 50-100s last I checked (which was years but I don't see why nexon would change that). Questing, Party questing, Bosses should ideally be the best way to earn exp and it used to be that way. Leveling is way too fast now. What we need is a heavy reduction in everything especially the amount of exp that mobs gives so that it is faster to pq. Not saying we should return to the days of 2006 where it took a month just to get to level 60 but it should not be so easy that people can get to 200 in under a day.
    JettLuvsU
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    Arlong wrote: »
    Leveling is way too fast now. What we need is a heavy reduction in everything especially the amount of exp that mobs gives so that it is faster to pq. Not saying we should return to the days of 2006 where it took a month just to get to level 60 but it should not be so easy that people can get to 200 in under a day.

As much as I'd want a return of party quests, gimping everything else isn't an option. Keep training the same but make party quests better, probably. The unavoidable question is what players will do after 200. It's leaning heavily on grinding, with the EXP curves, which get especially ridiculous every 10 levels, and I don't see quests or party quests fitting in too well as a main source of EXP.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited July 2017
    The problem is that pq already gives a lot of exp. 1 run gets you a level or almost a level already for the early ones. I mean sure, increase the exp on high level pq but the lower level ones are fine as they are.