[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

which class should i lvl up for the burning event?

Traveler5577Traveler5577
Reactions: 1,995
edited July 2017 in General Chat
someone who is good for Bossing, and has aoes for mobs, mobility.. and high jump ( can jump to higher area's ), but can do without it also xD...
my choices were, and has good range attack for mobs and bossing....
1. Jett
2. Shade
3. i dont know...
Lilyflower
  1. which class should i pick?21 votes
    1. Shade
       33% (7 votes)
    2. Jett
       19% (4 votes)
    3. other class
       48% (10 votes)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Id say do battle mage
    Traveler5577MageOfBattlesTransformingThunderLilyflower
  • SoultacularSoultacular
    Reactions: 615
    edited July 2017
    personally i would choose Shade for his teleport ability to nearby enemies. only problem with that is that it locks onto any target within range.
    Traveler5577
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    edited July 2017
    interesting answers so far. probelm is i have a shade that has those golden totems and a dark one that gives alot ATT + each if i delete him to start over on anew one he loses those :( sighs what a choice eyyy?
    Lilyflower
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited July 2017
    good bossing, Aoe mobbing, mobility ... Evan is what come up in my mind.

Evan has 35% attack passive that hugely boost your range. His attack speed is also very high for a mage class (+1 attack speed bonus from fusion skill). As for mobbing, there're some variety of combo skills you can use. Earth Breath and Wind Flash are good skills that lock on targets. Earth Dive is useful for large mobs like ones in DIPQ. Return Flame is a DoT skill that cover areas where you and mir can't reach (especially useful on large maps).

As for mobility, telecasting will make it easier for many boss mechanics that require you to move constantly like Magnus or Chaos Vellum. Additionally, Evans have a vertical jump that is useful for grinding.

As amazing as evan is, many don't like the class because there're too many skills. However, I think that's what makes a magician: utility and variety of skills. If you like having to memorize combo skills like memorizing magic spells, evan is the class for you.
    Traveler5577PlyoAtomicCeleste123scholar624
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited July 2017
    Would say Jett since he can easy level up and his character card is 3%critical damage at lv140, really helps, since you are with burn it's easyer to get lv200 after you spam Starfall.

There's also jobs that sucks before 4job, people say Blaster or AB is annoying to level up before lv100.
    DarkPassenger
  • JqnsonJqnson
    Reactions: 820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    yeah level jett to 200 before starfall gets nerfed or find out which card/link you will get the most benefit from for your main :)
    edited July 2017
    currently im working on Shade and thats going easy. does Jett come with a special weapon with this revamp or no? and wasnt his ability thing to change states every so often? also i have seen this spammable ability happening. so i would watch out not to abuse that. it could be a typo which will be correctly somehow soon. but honestly i am worryed if i spammed his attack alot in some of those rooms its not worth getting banned from this game doing. but thats just me >.< Nexon really never gives imput about these things until after the event is done usually.
    Lilyflower
    edited July 2017
    currently im working on Shade and thats going easy. does Jett come with a special weapon with this revamp or no? and wasnt his ability thing to change states every so often? also i have seen this spammable ability happening. so i would watch out not to abuse that. it could be a typo which will be correctly somehow soon. but honestly i am worryed if i spammed his attack alot in some of those rooms its not worth getting banned from this game doing. but thats just me >.< Nexon really never gives imput about these things until after the event is done usually.

Yeah the alien gun but it stops at 60, once youre 100 they just give you a level 100 normal gun.
    edited July 2017
    hmmm i remember for 4th job last time they gave out all four guns for each job advancement u did. what about his hat and outfit??? and i need a honest answer about this spamming ability is it safe to use i know some people were using it just to grind to lvl 200 but is it strong enough to handle areas??? and tougher mobs??
    Lilyflower
    edited July 2017
    Yeah you get the outfit when you start, and yes starfall is 1xxx% dmg, strongest skill they have. They changed the gun thing right around the time they got the first revamp.
    edited July 2017
    alright ill switch from shade to Jett and work on Evan on the next burning event but Aran needs it too. because her link skill seemes interesting to test out :P
    Lilyflower
    edited July 2017
    alright ill switch from shade to Jett and work on Evan on the next burning event but Aran needs it too. because her link skill seemes interesting to test out :P

You dont really need to burn a jett, they level up pretty fast. aran also is a fast leveler.
    edited July 2017
    well i have windell already thats my shade here and im going to keep him and just get rid of my extra sence i am used to how shade works now. but Jett will be project until this burning event is over how far will he reach i dont know but im going to do this. i need that advantage of that spamming ability to get to level high. i wont use him for anything just a sit in i guess ... but evan seems useful in areas too and u can ride that Dragon also. just need some Magic Attack free equiping gear like that purple adventurer cape, and Flame Gloves and a Magic Attack level 10 gloves and i should be all set. :) oh i need to work on a blaze wizard for the higher mAttk card or whatever it does now ... :/
    Lilyflower
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    edited July 2017
    Lair wrote: »

Agreed. Notwithstanding the unnecessary overly complex skill set in higher levels, they have that sweet link that increases rune activation time. In my opinion, based on what I've seen, it is an underrated link skill to have at your disposal. I dare say, if some one was on a new server/new account, to go ahead and make the evan immediately after mercedes because it has such a kickass bonus for grinding up levels.
    Traveler5577
    edited July 2017
    Celeste123 wrote: »
    Lair wrote: »

Agreed. Notwithstanding the unnecessary overly complex skill set in higher levels, they have that sweet link that increases rune activation time. In my opinion, based on what I've seen, it is an underrated link skill to have at your disposal. I dare say, if some one was on a new server/new account, to go ahead and make the evan immediately after mercedes because it has such a kickass bonus for grinding up levels.

Yeah but you can only use runes every 10 minutes. It's a balanced link skill. Aran is 750% exp per 50 combo kill. Thats pretty good if you keep up the kill streak.
    Traveler5577
    edited July 2017
    both really good points and her link skill helps on other characters well. which is why i want to work on aran next burning after this one :) but its either Jett or Evan right now xD
    Lilyflower
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2017
    Don't main jetts though, it's going to be trash again after starfall nerf

Just get it to 150/200
    edited July 2017
    yeah but seems i only have two days to level either one of them up to 150.... and doesnt this end on the 18th? thats not enough time to work on one now xD
    Lilyflower
  • FirewolfslayerFirewolfslayer
    Reactions: 610
    edited July 2017
    Normally I would say Xenon but his bossing isn't that good so who?