[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

We Need more ways to get Nodestones

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So...Only way to get nodestones at this point in time:
Farming
Farming
Oh that quest that gives you 5 free nodes.

...we need more options.
What about putting Nodestones into event boxes? Give them a say...20 cap per day. Easy, not too overpowered because of the Node RNG involved (and amount of nodes to max out other nodes) you can even make them only transferrable in account so people don't sell them off.
What about adding Daily quests for Nodestones in the Arcane River? Even if its just like 3 per area...that's a good 9 (or 12 once Arcana hits) nodes per day.
What about a Nodestone PQ? Some sort of weird mining node shards to get nodes.
What about adding them to Reward points shop in both Reboot and non-Reboot? Everyone wins :D
There are a lot of things that could be done for making nodestones a little more accessible.
KerBansotTransformingThunderIts2Sharp4USlicedTimeHakufu
  1. What would you like for your Nodestones?21 votes
    1. Nodes in Event boxes, easy but not overpowered
       10% (2 votes)
    2. Node Dailies, I can kill a few hundred mobs for some nodes
       43% (9 votes)
    3. Node PQ, Encourage high level players to train together
       33% (7 votes)
    4. Other (Feel free to comment your ideas)
       14% (3 votes)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    I had thought it wouldve been a good idea to put nodes in the override boxes like they did with the V update. At least in reboot since reboot doesnt get occult cubes, but then thatw ouldnt be fair so they shouldve replaced occult cubes with untradable nodes.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited July 2017
    The only issue with this is that people can still disassemble the nodes they don't want, then make new, tradeable ones from the resulting node shards.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    The only issue with this is that people can still disassemble the nodes they don't want, then make new, tradeable ones from the resulting node shards.

But currently with current nodestone rates...they are so hard to get already. It wouldn't hurt to give some of us other ways to get them.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Id give it another year before they really let us taste what nodestone farming can be. A year or two when the 5th job thing isnt so fresh anymore. Or when they release yet another piece of the black mage puzzle.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    Id give it another year before they really let us taste what nodestone farming can be. A year or two when the 5th job thing isnt so fresh anymore. Or when they release yet another piece of the black mage puzzle.

It's been 8 months since 5th Job's been out. I wouldn't call that "fresh." Nodes are an integral system for progression and it's already not very accessible to less funded players or people without drop rate.
    Assuming this kind of suggestion goes through though, it'll probably have been a year or more since the original release.
    PetalmagicSlicedTime
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    I welcome more ways to get nodes, I don't see an issue with people dissembling nodes for tradable ones cause that's part of the whole node system and in it's self is not a bad or illicit thing.

people selling nodes is not the problem or else there would be no tradable nodes in the game (look at our master cubes/miester cubes) trying to find a way to hinder that part of the system would be as bad as saying "people can dupe items so there should be no more item trading between other players or we should prevent certain items from ever being traded between players to combat this issue"
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    I welcome more ways to get nodes, I don't see an issue with people dissembling nodes for tradable ones cause that's part of the whole node system and in it's self is not a bad or illicit thing.

people selling nodes is not the problem or else there would be no tradable nodes in the game (look at our master cubes/miester cubes) trying to find a way to hinder that part of the system would be as bad as saying "people can dupe items so there should be no more item trading between other players or we should prevent certain items from ever being traded between players to combat this issue"

I play Reboot...so trading isn't an issue for me...I just really wish there were some better ways to get nodes...
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »

I play Reboot...so trading isn't an issue for me...I just really wish there were some better ways to get nodes...

I understand that, the statement was more for people who think to shoot it down that play in normal servers cause of the fact that nodes can be crafted from disassembly and also to show support for this idea.
  • WildNekoWildNeko
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited July 2017
    How about making them drop from all bosses?
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited July 2017
    I had the idea of adding nodes to the vj dailies, muto, and dream breaker.

Vj would give 3 nodes after you clear all quests along with symbols, Hmuto would give one per clear, and dreambreaker would have 3 in the points shop that resets every 24 hours.
    PetalmagicSlicedTime
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    Hakufu wrote: »
    I had the idea of adding nodes to the vj dailies, muto, and dream breaker.

Vj would give 3 nodes after you clear all quests along with symbols, Hmuto would give one per clear, and dreambreaker would have 3 in the points shop that resets every 24 hours.

Not a bad idea...I was almost thinking of separating them and giving more nodes than 3.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited July 2017
    I'm going to quote my previous comment from a different thread then add onto it:
    I'd like it better if players can select between a nodestone (untradeable) or a Vanishing Journey Symbol for each Vanishing Journey Quest completion. This would make the daily quest a lot more viable.

In order to save time and not require much resources to implement the ways to obtain nodestones can be added to existing content. Things such as Vanishing Journey Dailies and Chu Chu Party Quest reward Symbols, but in the long run it may be better to have an alternative reward. That's where we can introduce nodestones to make the content more viable while retaining the player base to continue using content. I'm well aware that in KMS the Symbol Level cap is being increased but not many would aim beyond Level 15 if they've saw the amount required.

This can also be applied to event shops, other shops like Party Quests and other existing content.