[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

any idea why patch has been postponed?

ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
Reactions: 780
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Anyone know why the patch has been postponed? I was looking forward to a lot of the things in this next part of override.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Probably found a really bad bug that wasn't going to be worth the "extended maintenance" worth...probs two days or so. :T idk.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2017
    They wanted to delay people from doing Dream Defender, can't let players get symbols without drop rate gear.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited July 2017
    A technical issue was found before maintenance was due to start.
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    thanks for the updates.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    the update will be extended anyway.
  • 1greathero1greathero
    Reactions: 705
    edited July 2017
    Nexon: should we wait until the next morning when no one is on to patch no lets shut down all servers during the prime time then shut down the server 3 hours before reset to make is as annoying as we can to all our customers. Nexon Management: this man needs a raise :(
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    1greathero wrote: »
    Nexon: should we wait until the next morning when no one is on to patch no lets shut down all servers during the prime time then shut down the server 3 hours before reset to make is as annoying as we can to all our customers. Nexon Management: this man needs a raise :(

>next morning when no one is on
    for what time zone? considering GMS serves pretty much all timezones currently especially as the EU has now joined so... there really is no time where "no one is online" for them to do the patches.

there is no way for them to please everyone or even a decent fraction of players with any time slot they choose for doing maintenance or updates, just deal with your own personal problems because you will have to skip whatever you were planning on doing before reset happens.
  • JannaJanna
    Reactions: 640
    edited July 2017
    Aw dammit. I have to sleep by 11PM EST and get home almost 8PM the next day from work. Guess I'm missing this reset because of Nexon's silly new timezones.
    SthrnAngel87
  • SthrnAngel87SthrnAngel87
    Reactions: 340
    edited July 2017
    I was thinking I'd be able to play an hour after my two jobs, but NOPE. I saw 9am-4pm and I was like.. sweet.. I'll be working.

Alas.. postponed AND extended.. the very day I decide to start playing again. I remember now why I stopped. lol

At least I'm off both jobs tomorrow. I sure hope it's up!
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited July 2017
    Okhura wrote: »

i could care less bout how long it will take but was just wonderin what kinda TECH issue they have?lol.
    seems to me the entire gamer is one giant TECH ISSUE.lolol
    Thong246
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017
    tracyhoodz wrote: »

i could care less bout how long it will take but was just wonderin what kinda TECH issue they have?lol.

ok let me see here "okhura" , you gave me a warning for what and why? you i guess dont, remember the past issues. after every major update or any big patch, nexon, ALWAYS had and seems to still have issues with importing the updates into the mainframe of the base game files. you dont seem to realize this and maybe you should go back to the past threads and take a peek. or even get ahold of nexon themselves and ask them, how many time they updated game play or other things with maple, and had to delay game play till they found the issues and got them fixed. with this update, anyone who knows, would have to agree, its going to be about another 6 hours or more before they find the problem and get it fix, and get the game back up and running. so yea again i say maple is one "giant tech issue. now you can warn me all you want heck you can even ban me if they is your choice, BUT you can NOT hide from the truth.
  • FlawlessWolfFlawlessWolf
    Reactions: 205
    edited July 2017

ok let me see here "okhura" , you gave me a warning for what and why? you i guess dont, remember the past issues. after every major update or any big patch, nexon, ALWAYS had and seems to still have issues with importing the updates into the mainframe of the base game files. you dont seem to realize this and maybe you should go back to the past threads and take a peek. or even get ahold of nexon themselves and ask them, how many time they updated game play or other things with maple, and had to delay game play till they found the issues and got them fixed. with this update, anyone who knows, would have to agree, its going to be about another 6 hours or more before they find the problem and get it fix, and get the game back up and running. so yea again i say maple is one "giant tech issue. now you can warn me all you want heck you can even ban me if they is your choice, BUT you can NOT hide from the truth.

lol. wow dude, quit being a snowflake
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017
    ROFLOL....................
    lol. wow dude, quit being a snowflake

ROFLOL...........
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017
    [Update] 12:01 AM PDT: The game is still undergoing maintenance as well address some internal issues that arose during testing. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA at the moment. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

hey "okhura", did i call it or what? lolol and you gave me a warning for supposedly running down maple? wow. :)
    it wasnt running down maple, hell ive been here since back about the time leafry and 4th job came out. its more of an issue called knowledge, about the game and what happens during a big patch.lolol
    Dragooooooooon
  • ardyardy
    Reactions: 560
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    its everyday bro
    tracyhoodz
  • SaisSais
    Reactions: 585
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I wonder what the technical issue was. The reasoning for the excuse is very vague. Would be nice to have some more transparency, so that we could be more understanding about the issue instead of worrying or complaining blindly.
    tracyhoodz