[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Compensation for down time on Event?

SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
Reactions: 1,535
edited July 2017 in General Chat
I was wondering if we could possibly get some form of Compensation on events since Nexon updated during Reset...

Only had to do 3 more boxes for the OverRide Event for the absolab weapon per day until the last day and Nexon updates and causes everyone to lose a day of progress because they want to *Update during Reset and take 9hrs extra*. This is annoying since I have to work at 3PM and reset is at 6PM and I sleep from 5am-12PM.

My only time to play is during the night so now I won't have time to do my boxes for Tonight since the game is down...

This update basically wasted an entire day for most people with normal schedules also that either Work or have School. The minute they got home the game was down and they couldn't do the Daily Boxes. It seems like every event that gives something good in the end becomes 5x harder than it already is because of an Update... or some other random reason, Glitch/Server crashes/ect.

P.S. I don't normally make posts about compensation because I feel like an ass doing it and I don't feel like Compensation is ever needed for most of the small issues they stem from. But this is utter bull, I just got done wasting hrs of my time daily for like almost a full month and right when I'm about 4 days from completion Nexon pulls this crap where they *Have to* update during Reset. If you take into account the 3-4hrs of time needed for the boxes to be Completed and the amount of days needed you can see that I and many others have wasted over 90hrs+ doing this event and now Nexon is going to screw us out of a full day of progress, which for some people could leave them a full day short thus wasting 90hrs+ on nothing.

Comments

• xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited July 2017
    im more worried about my sengoku high and dream breaker runs
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited July 2017
    hell i MORE worried about WHY, im even checking the game, when i know it wont be back up, AND, i SHOULD be in bed sleein.lolol
    TheToxicDudeFromRene
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017
    from about 30 ago.lol

[Update] 2:20 AM PDT: MapleStory is still undergoing maintenance and we still do not have an ETA. Fortunately, we were able to resolve one of the major issues we encountered. Please bear with us as we proceed to address the remaining issues. Thank you for your patience!
    SpiritFoxGaming
  • SaisSais
    Reactions: 585
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    We're probably going to get safety charms, buff freezers and power elixirs, 2x exp/drop coupons, coins and the like just as every other compensation goes during an event. I can't recall the last time I ever felt genuinely compensated for Nexon's incompetence.
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017
    keep all that and geme a perm pendant slot and a 90 day hyper rock.lolol or at least the 90 day hyper rock....lol
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    edited July 2017
    tracyhoodz wrote: »
    from about 30 ago.lol

[Update] 2:20 AM PDT: MapleStory is still undergoing maintenance and we still do not have an ETA. Fortunately, we were able to resolve one of the major issues we encountered. Please bear with us as we proceed to address the remaining issues. Thank you for your patience!

I really hope this is true and it is up soon. I can skip sleeping and just go to work without sleep. I live on about 4-5hrs of sleep per day as is.... who need sleep anyway LUL....

P.S. Me at work tomorrow talking to employees https://imgur.com/a/ZqV32
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017
    tracyhoodz wrote: »
    from about 30 ago.lol

I really hope this is true and it is up soon. I can skip sleeping and just go to work without sleep. I live on about 4-5hrs of sleep per day as is.... who need sleep anyway LUL....

P.S. Me at work tomorrow talking to employees https://imgur.com/a/ZqV32

why so much sleep???? dont you know sleep is for the weak?lolol
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    So long as part of the compensation is 4 boxes checked off the current Takeover event and not the next one, I'm good with whatever they think is enough.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited July 2017
    We usually get compensation for prolonged inconvinient downtime.

What do you guys think would be fitting as compensation?

• TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited July 2017
    I love how people are crying over compensation... You guys know you had over half a day to complete yesterdays, as well as (probably) at least half a day to complete today's yet! For those complaining about being busy, you still have ample time to complete any of the events going on. Nothing (Aside from MAYBE Sengoku) takes every day to complete, there are always extra "padding" days. So the ONLY reason you wouldn't be able to complete something is either due to procrastination (Your OWN fault) or a vacation (which you should be grateful for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I honestly don't understand all this entitled whining xD That being said, I would never turn down compensation, but I feel like 2x cards / override coins, are PERFECT forms of compensation if they decide to give us some, because realistically that's the only thing you are truly missing out on.
  • JayanglesJayangles
    Reactions: 1,300
    edited July 2017
    Some miracle time and sales on cubes would be nice ;)
  • Byzou123Byzou123
    Reactions: 220
    edited July 2017
    I honestly dont care about how long the servers are down or if i miss dailies or anything. What frustrates me trough the roof is that they dont share ANY information, they update us every few HOURS, and finally, this delay on patches/updates happens nearly EVERY time.
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited July 2017
    Byzou123 wrote: »
    I honestly dont care about how long the servers are down or if i miss dailies or anything. What frustrates me trough the roof is that they dont share ANY information, they update us every few HOURS, and finally, this delay on patches/updates happens nearly EVERY time.

Same. This is one thing I can definitely agree with. I don't enjoy being in the dark. But I guess if they truly don't know, giving out an estimate will only make people further whine when that time comes to pass with no up-time xD
    edited July 2017
    I love how people are crying over compensation... You guys know you had over half a day to complete yesterdays, as well as (probably) at least half a day to complete today's yet! For those complaining about being busy, you still have ample time to complete any of the events going on. Nothing (Aside from MAYBE Sengoku) takes every day to complete, there are always extra "padding" days. So the ONLY reason you wouldn't be able to complete something is either due to procrastination (Your OWN fault) or a vacation (which you should be grateful for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I honestly don't understand all this entitled whining xD That being said, I would never turn down compensation, but I feel like 2x cards / override coins, are PERFECT forms of compensation if they decide to give us some, because realistically that's the only thing you are truly missing out on.

Like I said... I never whine or complain about compensation. But this is different, I spend 100hrs to get those boxes to be fked out of the end goal. That is s**** on Nexons end. Both as a Bussiness Strategy and way to treat players. You can shut down the servers and make me lose time training and i'm fine, But if you are going to create an Event that is beyond retarded in the way of time needed to complete it and how long it takes then the least you can do is let the players ACTUALLY do the Event rather than wait until the end and rip it from them after so much hard work.

Further more... we didn't have all of yesterday. Maintenance was meant for 5am... they changed that but the Game still went offline for a bunch of players. So, in fact, Maplestory was DOWN all day yesterday besides like 2 or so Hours for a lot of people (The Events takes about 4Hrs+). So no we didn't have time to finish crap.
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2017
    They did it once and they can do it again. I expect to see 4 more boxes ticked off when I log in tomorrow morning.
    edited July 2017
    Update to my original post. The event is removed in-game, Wonderful... also the recent patch notes are saying the OverRide TakeOver Event now starts July 26th - Aug 29th.

That... that is a thing now. Would really love some new Info on what is going on Nexon, I figured it being taken out was either a Glitch or they were fixing it for compensation. But that Patch Note bit has now confused me beyond anything.

https://gyazo.com/ad1dab4d7c1296dbbce64dbbe61f20e5 < TakeOver Event from Patch Notes LOL

My face if the event truly is being *Restarted* and i just wasted 100+ hrs of my time on seemingly a Practice Event http://imgur.com/a/m30u8
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited July 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »

3 extra sengoku passes
    3 2x drop
    3 2x exp

4 TakeOver boxes

I think this would be fine.
  • TransformingThunderTransformingThunder
    Reactions: 1,620
    edited July 2017
    When you log an no compensation
    edited July 2017
    Hakufu wrote: »
    Invulgo wrote: »

3 extra sengoku passes
    3 2x drop
    3 2x exp
    4 TakeOver boxes

I think this would be fine.

tbh... i'd be fine with the 3 passes and boxes. Chances are were getting 2x for weekends as is because of overide. We can wait a day
    edited July 2017
    When you log an no compensation

More like when you log and.......... (TakeOver Event Missing) http://imgur.com/a/IUAtY