[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Class Nova/Cadena

Player1Player1
Reactions: 1,040
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in General Chat
So... Anyone know when the new thief class might be coming out? :D

Edit: Never mind, since Override/BEYOND came out in KMS in December, we'll probably get Nova in December of this year ;-;
So rather than telling me about when it is, what are your guy's thoughts on it? :o

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I can't wait to play her. She looks so mobile and fun and awesome~
    LIKE LOOK AT THIS BOSSING:
    That looks so fun to do. >_<
    I made a small list of bossing vids.
    DarkPassengerPlayer1
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Gonna need to turn on transparency for this class, but I like the fj color and effect.
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I can't wait to play her. She looks so mobile and fun and awesome~
    LIKE LOOK AT THIS BOSSING:
    That looks so fun to do. >_<
    I made a small list of bossing vids.

She literally looks like a more intense and mobile xenon... I love it XD
    JettLuvsU
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I remember it being said that Chuchu Island was conceived of when it was realized that maplestory has been adding a lot of dark and serious content compared to the lightheartedness of older content.
    Cadena kinda feels like twelve steps back for such a thought process.
    JettLuvsU
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »
    I remember it being said that Chuchu Island was conceived of when it was realized that maplestory has been adding a lot of dark and serious content compared to the lightheartedness of older content.

well the thought process wan't "we need to make more light heart-ed content" it was "we should break up this dark content (in both the color pallet and subject) with some colorful light heart-ed content because it's been a while" which Chu Chu did, as before chu chu, we had Vanishing journy (Road of Vanishing) and before that we had both heroes of maple and corrupted world tree,which was a tragic story about Demon, Damien and their family, and before that we had Black heaven and Scrapyard, which tackled the death of gleimer and Lotus (Suu), Orchid's (Orca) brother. Chu Chu did break up that continuous darkness in the story but it was by no means to say that they were shifting gears to make the future story more light heart-ed. If their plan was anything like that then they already killed it with Lucid's story and area as the entry after Chu Chu island.
    JettLuvsU
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The class is cool.
    The only thing that bugs me a bit are the cooldowns.
    But well she would probably have a really high dps without cooldown.
    I also love her design and skill colour.

But she still is awesome.
    Her damage stacks are gonna be a huge help on reboot.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

well the thought process wan't "we need to make more light heart-ed content" it was "we should break up this dark content (in both the color pallet and subject) with some colorful light heart-ed content because it's been a while" which Chu Chu did, as before chu chu, we had Vanishing journy (Road of Vanishing) and before that we had both heroes of maple and corrupted world tree,which was a tragic story about Demon, Damien and their family, and before that we had Black heaven and Scrapyard, which tackled the death of gleimer and Lotus (Suu), Orchid's (Orca) brother. Chu Chu did break up that continuous darkness in the story but it was by no means to say that they were shifting gears to make the future story more light heart-ed. If their plan was anything like that then they already killed it with Lucid's story and area as the entry after Chu Chu island.

Even forgetting my misinterpretation/memory of what was said, there are like no "lighthearted" classes anymore. I think Beast Tamer is the only one, and I can't even vouch for that fact because I don't know how her story goes or ends. Explorers lost it during RED with the revamped story, I don't think any of the heroes, Resistance, or Cygnus Knights ever had it in the first place, Nova is half adjusting to Maple World and half War on Magnus.
    I understand that "where can you really go when the Black Mage and his commanders possess an overwhelming presence over the world", but still.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017

Even forgetting my misinterpretation/memory of what was said, there are like no "lighthearted" classes anymore. I think Beast Tamer is the only one, and I can't even vouch for that fact because I don't know how her story goes or ends. Explorers lost it during RED with the revamped story, I don't think any of the heroes, Resistance, or Cygnus Knights ever had it in the first place, Nova is half adjusting to Maple World and half War on Magnus.
    I understand that "where can you really go when the Black Mage and his commanders possess an overwhelming presence over the world", but still.

I had a character design for a cutesy nature mage with trees and stuff...but ya know...I'd have to get it through KMS to get it actually...in the game. On topic though...Cadena looks cool and stabby...I like stabby.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    I enjoy that it is more cutting edge and developed. Cadena seems less kiddie and more for an older crowd in terms of style. Storyline wise most of the classes are pretty much for adults. Not for any adult content but the stories are more for the experienced person to understand it or to relate to.
  • 엘소드엘소드
    Reactions: 775
    edited July 2017

Pink Bean? (I know, Joke/Temporary Class, but it's basically "I wanna be a hero! *Wacks enemy with giant meat*")