[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

My failed Maple Life

Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
Reactions: 640
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Ok, it took me years to finally remember what I was suppose to look up on my PC. As soon as I remembered "Maplestory", I began playing this blind. By "blind", I mean like I was playing this game with no clue what to do whatsoever.

So let me tell you what really got me into this mess.

I remembered "MapleStory" in November 2013. I began a blind playing of this game with one character; that class being the Mech.

I was fascinated by all the features it provided. But as time rolled by, I began to feel a bit lazy to continue. So I played my music to keep me rolling in farming.

2015; I decided to be more diverse and create and test run some of the other classes. They were quite fun. This also provided another enhancement to me during my blind playing: the character cards.

When I looked at the shops in the free market, this is where the selling of stuff problem begins. I saw that tyrants were both scrolled and enhanced. This gave me an idea: If I scroll and enhance equips I got from the marvel machine, I might get more mesos in return. I felt like "Since I did most of the scrolling and enhancing, I feel like I deserve more mesos in return.". I thought since it worked with the other player's tyrant gear (it showed it got sold in the player's merchant), it might work on my Terminus equips that my characters don't need. But it didn't.

Next is the reason why my GSE got destroyed: I managed to get my GSE on 5 of my characters enhanced to 15 STARS. Plus, I even managed to get my Lapis/lazuli on my Zero enhanced to 15 stars without destroying it (all without the safeguard engaged). I mean 0.9-3% destruction rate and no destruction on my GSE on my 5 characters? That made me feel lucky and that is what made me decide to take another gamble. But that luck soon went up in smoke on my 3 year old mechanic. Plus, I didn't have much mesos on me at the time (due to my low item selling rate at the free market). That is why I enhanced the badge without the safeguard engaged (as it will cost even more mesos to safeguard it). Also, after 3 years on MS, I began to grow lazier and lazier on collecting mesos from monster drops myself. Until eventually, when I came across MMD, my mapling just ground to a halt.

Finally, theres my guild.
Ok, maybe I should give you some background info about my guild and how it ended up like this. It all began when my main was currently in [Removed]. So I created "OneManArmy" with my Zero mule just to be safe and put my other mules in that guild. You can never be sure what might actually happen out there. And soon enough, my perseverance pays off and my instincts were correct. The [Removed] leader cowardly kicks me; giving me no reason for my boot whatsoever! Regardless of my bossing each day, they still kicked me for no reason! So, I moved my main to my mule's guild. But then...... Thats when I realised I'm gonna need more than myself to level my guild.

The reason I like guilds is because they have special time-saver skills. Spotting Small Change, Fearless, Banner of Plenty, etc, are all major beneficial guild skills to have as they'll help me in getting more meso, spend less at npc stores and then some. Enhancement Mastery will help improve scroll success rate, Item and Upgrade Salvation will help save an upgrade slot and maybe the whole item from destruction.

But to get these skills, My guild needs to be at a certain level to unlock them then 1 more level to activate them. So I had to recruit players to level it up quickly and get the skills unlocked.

Soon, world merge came. I was forced to rename my guild. I couldn't think of anything cool for the time, til finally I got a name: WiiLuvTheWii; as the max number of characters for a guild name is 12.

How I came up with the name is this: you know that maple anniversary song "Smile Luv U"? Yes, thats what got me the first half of the idea. Then, I turned my focus on the Wii console. Then...... Bull's eye! I got the perfect guild name! I thought to myself "Who can't resist a play on words guild?" Because "WiiLuvTheWii" is a portmanteau/pun/play-on-words! I thought this will score me a ton of players!

But........ Somehow, it had the opposite effect. Many didn't accept the guild invite with few players replying with phrases like "Nah, the wii sucks" or "No, your guild is trash". I felt like my heart missed a beat. I couldn't believe what I just read. Like, I replied "You DON'T have to like the wii! It's not a mandatory thing!" But still, they refused to join me. I can't understand it!

Like, what is it with these people?! Why do they have such a poor attitude to the wii? Like, who can't enjoy Mario games? Also, my guild is currently LEVEL EIGHT. Another player quitted mine to join a LEVEL THREE guild! I couldn't believe what I just saw! Like, a level three guild has less guild skills than a higher lvl guild! So yeah. Please help me with some advice here. Like, whats with their attitude against my creativity? Because some guilds had names like "Noble", "Tune", "Toast", etc. These are only one word. How can a one word guild attract more players than a play-on-words guild like mine?

Now hold on, I asked "Excuse me, y did u leave?" upon seeing in the chat "(player) quit the guild". But on a scale of 1 to 10, only 1 of those 10 reply with a reason. All 3 of these players (including [Removed] (who I was gonna kick anyways for not being online for weeks)) never replied (even though I was able to find them with "/find" function). Plus, MS is a time-based game. Every millisecond counts as contributions collect overtime via the numbers of hours that character your online stays online. I can't disband by guild now. It's too late to turn back as it's lvl 8. It took me 11 months to get this far in guild leveling.

I also can't risk letting the same thing happen again like in [Removed]! Like, who knows what the leader's/officer's mind frame is thinking! PS, well, most of these players were online when the 11th anniversary event was on. How are puns/play-on-words not cool for a guild? What IS a cool guild name I should use the next time I'm forced to rename it?

And there you have it: that is my full story on my miserable Maple Life.

Comments

• addictedaddicted
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2017
    LOL

Please don't bump old threads

• MrGoombaMrGoomba
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited July 2017
    That's life in MapleStory. It's like a person with a 1 word name (especially with 4 letters) could get tons of respect around a lot of random people. I remember when people kept on suggesting for the wipe out of names for players who haven't been playing in years, and finally Nexon gave it to them. A majority of that reason was so people could snag a bunch of those 1 word names that was taken by people who've registered for the game in early years but was rarely active, so it could either make them look cool or allow them to claim to be "old players." Deep respect even if they are, but those type of people don't have to shove it in front of other player's faces.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Hello, I removed the names of the guild and player you were discussing poorly. If not just for the naming-shaming rule, then for the fact that I think it could possibly lead to a fight.
    I've also moved this to general chat instead. This is not a suggestion.

I've been kicked out of a guild in other games for "no reason" before; some guilds have extremely strict rules with regard to activity. While it can appear rude, it's how guilds tend to work unless they explicitly say they're casual. Often, guildmasters have their reasons and they're not always malicious, but simply won't reveal them. Sometimes they don't have reasons, they're just being rude, but it's their guild and they get to choose who's in it.
    As advice, I would simply say be glad that they can just kick you, rather than kick you and proceed to farm you, as per what happened to me when I used to play Astro Empires.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Oh wow. I actually remember seeing your guild around a few times lol. I think long guild names in general are kinda frowned upon, cuz it looks kinda clunky.

I think most people only join the guilds that already have a lot of active people in them, or are in an active guild alliance. Or have a lot of guild/noblesse skills (consistently). Or have their friends in them. They probably left your guild to join a lvl 3 one cuz it either had more people, or had their friends in them. I kinda remember a high-profile person recently started a new guild that might've been what they quit to join.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited July 2017
    This is maple u get to see a lot of rude players in the game,I remember long ago I joined a guild I got happy and suddenly..... I got kicked out of the guild and I said *why did u kick me out?* and they said *because ur weak,nub LOL*.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Being an ex guild leader myself, we put an activity limit due to the fact some people will come and put an alt in...level to 100 or w/e...stop playing it all together. A lot of guilds like to try and be active...I am sorry this happened to you, but ultimately its the Guild leader's discretion.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited July 2017
    It took me a solid minute to figure out that gse mean ghost ship exorcist. Anyway I always play it safe when it comes to equips and I don't bother with guilds.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    if you bother to do the current run of Sengoku high you can get a replacement badge that is better than GSE
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    You people do realize that the original post is from February, right?
    JettLuvsU
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

They editted and probably necro bumped it...meh.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

They editted and probably necro bumped it...meh.

The necro-bumping was done by the person who for some reason dug it up just to respond "lol".
    The editing was done by VFM Neospector, who censored the names of characters and guilds.
This discussion has been closed.