[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Specific time of day event Schedule

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
foreword: this has absolutely nothing to do with UTC, I don't care what time the server uses.

Problem: events are locked to a specific time of day (ex. 9am-9pm). I believe this is designed for regions like kms/tms/etc that only server one local time zone and thus this covers 'normal playing hours' for all members of that region. We are GLOBAL maplestory though and so 9pm may be the normal time to wake up for some users and they will not be able to participate.

Solution 1: Option one is to allow these types of events to run all day, thus allowing everyone to participate.

Solution 2: Given that a 9am-9pm time frame is about half the day, these types of events could be spread out such that they still are available half the day but are available to more people's specific time zones. Ex. 00:00-3:00, 6:00-9:00, 12:00-15:00, 18:00-21:00.

Some specific events that are limited by this:

Eluna (or so I am told)
2x weekends (but you've already solved this by spreading them out all day, why not do this for the rest?)
Flag race
GM balloon spawn time for monster collecting event
edit: forgot kritias invasion : )
...and many more future events.
FennekinWizardBeauPetalmagicsparebladeCigraeAKradianRollsDontEatChalkEyjafjollSherri

Comments

• CrisCris
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2017
    can we just have the utc server reset times but keep the events times and end periods in pst or a NA timezone
  • eightlegseightlegs
    Reactions: 570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    We went over this already in discord, but the current Eluna event daily time frame ends before many PST players even get home or on. These events should run all day so that everyone can enjoy them.

Again, I don't care about the time zone, and this issue should not be about the time zone, but about the event times.
    WizardBeauDontEatChalkSherri
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    So much need on this.
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Agreed. Events that are time-specific are terrible. Just make it available 24/7 and limit the number of runs that can be done (for Eluna). It's not that complicated.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    spareblade wrote: »
    Agreed. Events that are time-specific are terrible. Just make it available 24/7 and limit the number of runs that can be done (for Eluna). It's not that complicated.

ohhh that is a good third option :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Same for Bingo, when that comes back, and many other events.

Every event (or permanent content) that is limited to part of a day, needs looking at to make sure players all around the world can participate equally.
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    since gMS is for everyone who doesn't have a localized version, that needs to be taken into effect.

I am off for the summer, but most of the event period is when I am sleeping.

it doesn't help that most maitenence ends up eating up the event time also.

everyone, submit tickets to game support under the game event and contest support category. we need nexon to see this.
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I agree 9-5pm PST is bad even for people that play on pst time... those are the most common work hours. I'm personally EST, but 12-8pm is still inconvenient half the time so I can only participate on certain days.

Eluna express already has limited runs per day, so why does it only run from specific times?

And if it has to only run for a certain percent of the day, why not meet halfway and make it run 2 hour intervals throughout the day instead of 1 8hr block?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited July 2017
    I agree! All events should be 24/7! There are people all over the world playing this game all at different times. It is just silly that the events should have a time limit. I come home right at the reset of the day and never will be able to participate in these timed events that start at 4am my time! I work all day and need to sleep eventually!
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited July 2017
    Agreed. GMS covers so many time zones compared other regions, special consideration NEEDS to be taken when preparing time-based content to be brought over to our servers. Regardless of the time zone Nexon chooses to use as GMS's base, some section of the wide portion of the world that it covers is going to be shortchanged as things stand. Times either need to be altered to cater to multiple clusters of time zones like 2x events have been, or extended to around the clock.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited July 2017
    I think extending them all around the clock is the best because these events are only for a limited number of days.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Yes. Events (and permanent content) should run around the clock. If necessary, limit the number of entries or the maximum gains per day.
    Rolls
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited July 2017
    Other content already has a max per day: Inferno wolf, Elite boss boxes and all bosses. Kritias invasion and events need to have 24hr run times!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    It sucks cuz imagine if you had an event today (like me) so you will miss most if not all of Eluna...unless you got some in during the evening...
  • EyjafjollEyjafjoll
    Reactions: 760
    edited July 2017
    Yes, this is extremely annoying and difficult to do for people who cannot be on maple during every waking hour. People have other commitments (work, school, etc.) or just might be in a bad timezone. It is ridiculous that GLOBAL MapleStory limits the time of events in this way.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited July 2017
    This is something that needs to be fixed in future events. I like events and would like to participate.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Bumping this with new events that are locked to specific times of day.

First one I encountered:
    unknown.png

It ends right at the time players start being online for EST, and a while later all the PST players will be on but we can only do this event during the middle of the night or working hours. These sorts of events should always just be 24 hour to accommodate our global player-base.
    SherriMageOfBattles