[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Eluna event times need addressed

ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
Reactions: 780
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in General Chat
the eluna event in the NA server seems to be broken. using the clocks that appear at stations, it implies that the event will, for people in parts of NA, run overnight when most of us are sleeping, and not in the evenings, when a lot of people in the NA servers play.

can you either remove the time limit, and just limit entries per day, or set it for both servers to be accessable to people who don't want to throw their entire sleep schedule out of whack to participate.
LamatoSgfAgent_DragonfuryJettLuvsURadiantSightPonPonZeldaOfHyrulePirateIzzyZeroBluxRolls

Comments

• sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I agree that the times need to be addressed. Now that GMS is now... well, global, having events that are only accessible during certain hours of the day is a huge issue. It needs to be available 24/7 in order to not alienate time zones.
  • LamatoLamato
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited July 2017
    Agreed 100%. These times are ridiculous for the majority.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Same with stuff like the Bingo events...
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2017
    "Most convenient time for all players" my foot.
    JettLuvsUZeldaOfHyruleCeleste123qwermCatooolooo
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    for example. it is almost 5am utc. for someone such as me, in the pacific standard time zone, it means the event starts at 2 am local time. and is over by around late afternoon. most of its time is going to be smack dab in the time when a lot of people in the western two time zones will be asleep.

this works for eMS.

it doesn't work for gMS. the smaller market gets the benefit, and the larger market gets shafted.

it really needs to be server specific. set it to 9am eastern time. that would mean it would start around 6am pacific, which is far from as much a loss as 2am is. that gives the rest of us a chance.
    BaoDovvnZeldaOfHyrulePirateIzzy
  • BaoDovvnBaoDovvn
    Reactions: 880
    edited July 2017
    BUMPPPP
  • SgfSgf
    Reactions: 745
    edited July 2017
    +1 to this idea.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited July 2017
    So the boat times are at 2am - 5pm pst. You know, when most people are sleeping and then have to go to work
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, the entire decision to remain in UTC time was pretty ridiculous in the first place. You're making it so much harder on the main portion of the playerbase. Either change the times, or just revert pack to PST, when everything was easier.
  • Agent_DragonfuryAgent_Dragonfury
    Reactions: 590
    edited July 2017
    1. Europe has its own server, Eluna. Just put that on UTC and the other servers on PST or EST.
    2. Schedule these events on PST, or CST if you want to be more inclusive.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    possibly, set it for every hour, 24 hours a day. why have a specific window at all?

I just don't see any positive to anything they have done in setting this to such an awkward time.

it excludes a lot of people.
    PirateIzzyTraveler5577
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I submitted a ticket to the event and contest support category to try to get this in front of people who can consider a change.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited July 2017
    They literally made it only possible to do the event in the morning and afternoon. Anyone playing after 5pm pst is screwed.
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited July 2017
    i dont know why anymore these zones or new places have to be times. why cant it be a normal zone to explore like Kaiser's world???
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited July 2017
    i dont know why anymore these zones or new places have to be times. why cant it be a normal zone to explore like Kaiser's world???

Well it's not a new area - it's an event dungeon, like RLH or some other event things.
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    submit tickets to maplestory support in the game events and contest category. the more people who bring it to nexon's attention, the more likely we can get it fixed.
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    finally got the invite, and I was on the elanas express, so it said to move and try again. never got the message back.

restarted the game... no invite.

this event needs serious redesign.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    ...Yeah I only got to do Eluna once today...time to wait till tomorrow. Thanks Nexon.
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited July 2017
    From all of the patches that happened with other version of Maplestory, I do not see game developers from other versions of Maplestory (Korean MS, Japan MS, China MS, Taiwan MS, and Southeast Asia MS) implement/change times to adapt to the new UTC timezone currently standard in GMS.

If this event ran in 9AM to 12:00AM PDT, people from Europe would have 4PM to 7AM UTC which they still have plenty of chances to participate in these events compared to having UTC time being the standard where the majority of North America would have less chance to participate.

Nexon seems to always patch content without any second though.
    ZeroBlux
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    From all of the patches that happened with other version of Maplestory, I do not see game developers from other versions of Maplestory implement/change times to adapt to the new UTC timezone currently standard in GMS.

If this event ran in 9AM to 12:00AM PDT, people from Europe would have 3PM to 6AM UTC which they still have plenty of chances to participate in these events compared to having UTC time being the standard where the majority of North America would have less chance to participate.

Nexon seems to always patch content without any second though.

Yeah...like seriously. I was busy when Maint got extended so I did something else...I only got in one Eluna because of the time scale