[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Eluna event times need addressed

Comments

• ZeldaOfHyruleZeldaOfHyrule
    Reactions: 510
    edited July 2017
    I'm really hoping this gets fixed. I work during the day and don't really get a chance to play until late afternoon.
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I was able to do the last two of the day, only because a job fell through, and I had to throw my hands up and say screw it to trying to find work for the few weeks between now and the start of my final year of college. it is a fun event, but it only makes me more annoyed for those who just have no opportunity to do it.

why cant it be 24 hours a day? this is global maplestory. it serves all parts of the world without their own localized version of the game. it should have everything accessable to every player equally regardless of where in the world they live.
  • RhexiiRhexii
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017
    Agreed. I work full time during the day and usually play in the evening. I basically can't participate in the event unless I'm off, which is 2 days a week.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2017
    I can't wait for the pro UTC people to defend this
    Luckily it's a little more lenient for me in EST, but the PST time is utterly ridiculous. What went through the heads of those at Nexon when they decided on these times?
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2017
    OOOOOH. I was waiting for this post.
    These time zones are WACK. It says 9 AM to 12 AM but in reality, if you're an eastern timer like me, it's actually 5 AM to 8 PM.
    unless you wake up super early in the morning, you might miss like half of these prospector ventures.
    Seriously Nexon, get it together. Get it right the first time to avoid backlash like this.
    actually... was this event on the PTS? was this ever tested?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    What went through the heads of those at Nexon when they decided on these times?

Nothing at all.
    They didn't "decide" on these times.
    They imported the event, as is, from services that only have players in a single timezone (or several adjacent ones, like China), and never gave a single thought to changing anything (except the text to English). Despite promising us, back when UTC became a thing, that they will consider and reschedule events so all GMS players can enjoy them.
    Argent
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nothing at all.
    They didn't "decide" on these times.
    They imported the event, as is, from services that only have players in a single timezone (or several adjacent ones, like China), and never gave a single thought to changing anything (except the text to English). Despite promising us, back when UTC became a thing, that they will consider and reschedule events so all GMS players can enjoy them.

So another copy paste job as usual (if the times are the same as CMS), since they didn't even once think about the time frames.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Not sure if I should be posting in guide but let's put together questions and answers about Eluna?

Questions:
    1. When the message for the Elemental pops up, how can you tell which map it's on? (the npc says it's often seen in two places)
    2. Is the Elemental possible to solo in less than 30secs/1min (I run around frantically whenever the message pops up but I've only seen it once)
    3. How to find the blue bite-ing monsters? (need for quest)
    4. There's an "uncharted region" near the south side, any idea how to get in?
    5. Any idea how to go about the "ancient Elunian' quest line thing? (the one that starts with the rune carved elunium)
    6. Do the sign posts actually mean anything?
    7. What's the best way you've seen to rack up prospect points?

Feel free to post answers/questions/comments.
    Thanks all.

Oh, wow, some admin decided to merge my questions thread to this time thread, genius.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The times are nice for CEST people (11AM-2AM) but make it for the NA servers like 11AM-2PM for PDT/EDT?
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    8. Where can I find the "Deadly Biteysneks" ??

the Elemental Elunite is 3 maps to the west from the town.
    wUJVC.png

In the map to the north the Geiser ones work mostly but i have not figured out yet what the catch is. (except when you see the Geisers) then do a Geiser sign.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Its literally unplayable after a certain time because of all the players.
    Why couldnt they just make 10 player groups instead of 50 players.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2017
    I decided to see what the event was about since Ursus is still broken and I had a bit of time left on break. To no ones surprise I immediately D/Ced as soon as I got on the train or whatever and lost that chance at the event today. In all likelihood I won't be able to participate due to Nexon's poor planning and execution.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    RikNL wrote: »
    8. Where can I find the "Deadly Biteysneks" ??

the Elemental Elunite is 3 maps to the west from the town.
    wUJVC.png

In the map to the north the Geiser ones work mostly but i have not figured out yet what the catch is. (except when you see the Geisers) then do a Geiser sign.

I think the place is called "danger zone " or "alien crossroad".
    But for some reason they appear all the time.
  • Starlight0613Starlight0613
    Reactions: 300
    edited July 2017
    and its not just a problem for this event, but others in the past too. Missed out on a ton due to this.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    I can't wait for the pro UTC people to defend this
    Luckily it's a little more lenient for me in EST, but the PST time is utterly ridiculous. What went through the heads of those at Nexon when they decided on these times?

Nexon would never have any timezone issues if they didn't change to UTC. Players would never have any reason to complain if they didn't change to UTC. There would be not a single problem with events ending early or people not being able to finish before they end if they didn't change to UTC. Nexon created a problem and now they stubbornly refuse to solve it.

There is no universal timezone. You can't say because UTC is a "reference" that it's universal or fair in any way. It's physically impossible for there to be a universal timezone, so the best that can be done is satisfy as much people as possible. No matter how much you call it universal, it's clear that it's biased in favour of Europe. And this isn't even about satisfying anyone. GMS players have been going by PST for years and now all that is thrown away. They killed a perfectly fine system. EMS merged to GMS, which means they abide by our timezones, not us theirs. You don't go into a foreign country expecting everyone to know your language. Even Europeans playing in GMS before the merge accepted that they had to go by an American timezone.

Now imagine if KMS suddenly had to go by UTC. The player backlash would be just as, if not worse than GMS's. And since Nexon Korea actually cares about their players, they'd revert it immediately.
  • iluvsuniluvsun
    Reactions: 1,280
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I really want nexon to see there is a need to change the times of this event to make it convenient for players in the NA servers since the MAJORITY of global ms is in the na server and not EMS. I havent even been able to participate in this event at ALL because it ends at 5pm PST which is the time most people get off from work/school and I dont have time to be messing up my sleep schedule just to stay up at 2am to be able to catch one of the event times.
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    Reactions: 1,405
    edited July 2017
    for example. it is almost 5am utc. for someone such as me, in the pacific standard time zone, it means the event starts at 2 am local time. and is over by around late afternoon. most of its time is going to be smack dab in the time when a lot of people in the western two time zones will be asleep.

this works for eMS.

it doesn't work for gMS. the smaller market gets the benefit, and the larger market gets shafted.

it really needs to be server specific. set it to 9am eastern time. that would mean it would start around 6am pacific, which is far from as much a loss as 2am is. that gives the rest of us a chance.

I disagree it should be set to central time standards. Which means its only 2 hours off from eastern and roughly 1-2 to western depending on the area you live. Ems really should have it's own even scheduling though. too big of a time jump to just cluster them with everyone else. Taking them too heavily into consideration destroys the NA fan base and vice versa.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    These events don't need to be limited at all. There is zero reason for eluna not to be every hour 24/7 for the event period. If you don't want people to be able to potentially enter 24 times a day add a limit.
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Congrats to everyone who let their voices be heard on this. They just announced their next maintence, and have noted the event is now 24 hours a day. it will be starting in the same way, but now, you are not bound to do it during the original UTC time frame.

Good job, everyone. you let your voices be heard, and argued your case in a respectful and constructive manner.
    Rolls