[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Increased Inventory Slots & Event Chairs.

NihilisticNyxNihilisticNyx
Reactions: 615
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Is there a certain reason as to why we are limited to a threshold of 128 slots per inventory space? I know the vast majority of the community won't care about this, but I hope chair and other item collectors will sympathize and agree with me on this. Can we simply get our maximum potential space raised to a higher cap such as a 300 - 500 limit? If that is too difficult then can we get bags that go up to that approximate amount?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that we'll be able to use two chair bags in a future update according to an old OrangeMushroom post; which is nice and all, but that is going to be filled up completely by the time we get it.

Finally, can we simply get all our event chairs to be account-transferable if that it isn't too much trouble? You've been giving us really amazing event chairs and a percent of your population can't collect them all or are forced to choose between what they can keep.

Cheers!

Comments

• RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2017
    For setup, and maybe equip tab, I could see that working, but as it's been suggested before, I'd rather they add an "untradable item storage" for each character with that amount of space (300-500) instead of having a gigantic expanded inventory window or a very long way to scroll down when not expanded. If they could do that, 128 inventory slots wouldn't be a problem at all.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    i think the set-up tab should actually be broken apart into 3 tabs, the Chair tab, the Titles tab and the Event tab.

Chair and title tabs are self explanatory, but the event tab will handle items that would go into the set up tab from event quests (or normal quests) like the current eluna event items.

while this wouldn't completely fix the issue of running low on capacity for the asinine reason for having untradable, non-movable through account chairs, and un-storable titles, it would greatly reduce the issue.
    JettLuvsURollsArgentCigraeDividedFlow
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    long story short, devs are scared of touching stable, old code and apparently had lots of issues even expanding from 96 to 128 given how long they delayed the actual expansion in KMS. I'd prefer a cap of 1k slots if it were possible.
  • NihilisticNyxNihilisticNyx
    Reactions: 615
    edited August 2017
    I'd be perfectly content with an item that was character bound which simply acted like a gigantic bag for that specific slot. As for the stability of the old code, I was afraid that would be a problem, so I guess getting more than 128 slots is pretty much out of the question now ;c.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited August 2017
    I agree with making the untradeable chairs account tradeable at least. It doesn't make sense to have it clog up this way. It's barely been a year (I think) since inventories got expanded to 128 and I'm already close to maxing it out again. I haven't even bought out the current shop chairs either.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2017
    Honestly, I don't really like bags. I've always thought that if the players need bags because we have too many of a specific item group, perhaps that group should get it's own tab. I could see bags being more useful if they basically acted as a separate tab, 128 slots, but as they are now it only a way to temporarily slow the problem of having too many untradeable, unstackable items.

Souls fragments should probably be managed under the soul collector. Recipes shouldn't expire and should stop dropping once collected. Coins should all go in some master tab since every event and area seems to add a new type. It's pretty bad :(
    matrixphijr
  • matrixphijrmatrixphijr
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2017
    Argent wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't really like bags. I've always thought that if the players need bags because we have too many of a specific item group, perhaps that group should get it's own tab. I could see bags being more useful if they basically acted as a separate tab, 128 slots, but as they are now it only a way to temporarily slow the problem of having too many untradeable, unstackable items.

Souls fragments should probably be managed under the soul collector. Recipes shouldn't expire and should stop dropping once collected. Coins should all go in some master tab since every event and area seems to add a new type. It's pretty bad :(

Wow, I literally could not agree more.
    Even the scales that drop from Coolie Zombies annoy me. You can only carry one, you don't need them for anything, BUT THEY KEEP FREAKING DROPPING ANYWAY.
  • DividedFlowDividedFlow
    Reactions: 1,135
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

I agree about event items getting their own tabs cause I really cant afford space in my setup tab at this point.

Coins tab, my goodness do we need one.

And for the love of playing MS, PLEASE Nexon make the untradeable chairs/cash items account movable. Switching mains wouldn't be so painful if they were.

No more bags please. Got enough of those :/ I'd rather have expanded inventory.