[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Moras update!

RaindewRaindew
Reactions: 1,030
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
https://orangemushroom.net/2017/08/24/kmst-ver-1-2-056-morass-skill-balancing/#comment-158972

Finally has been released and it relates to Kritias

now there is a question i have since GMS didn't get Hekaton (yet?) there is an NPC that is the HUMAN version of Hekaton,
we're suppose to get this in about 6-7 months, does this mean Hekaton should be here before then? I really hope so,
it would be weird to have a human form Hekaton as an NPC when we never even received Hekaton himself.

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    Those boss changes are awful.
    Hey Nexon, why stop there? Might as well keep going and make all bosses once a week, regardless of difficulty.
    Talk about one step forward, five steps back.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2018
    Here are my findings for the new Papulatus Clock:

- Papulatus can use the clocks hands to smash the ground and hits nearby players dealing % damage.
    - A small light blue clock spawns on the space. Anyone who doesn't dodge left/right away from the space dies.
    - A blue aoe circle appears underneath. Anyone who doesn't get out of the space when cogs appears dies.
    - A blue and red beam appears. If both beams touch together it'll cause a map AoE and kill all surviving players. Standing infront of the beam blocks it.
    - When Papulatus enters sleeping phase the party has 60 seconds which is displayed on top of the green clock. By killing Dark Stars they drop times to move the clock hands clockwise. Each value that the clock hand touches, you can press up a portal on the middle left to erase the said value from the clock. Failing to remove the remaining values from the clock will heal Papulatus by the combined added total.
    Raindew wrote: »
    now there is a question i have since GMS didn't get Hekaton (yet?) there is an NPC that is the HUMAN version of Hekaton,
    we're suppose to get this in about 6-7 months, does this mean Hekaton should be here before then? I really hope so,
    it would be weird to have a human form Hekaton as an NPC when we never even received Hekaton himself.

The new area are made from fragments of the past. Since Hekaton was never released to GMS due to issues I doubt we'll ever get it.
    PirateIzzy
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited August 2017
    Even though we never got Hekaton, he was still mentioned in the Kritias questline, and wasn't ignored there.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    a lot of people going to end up quitting soon
  • SeerowSeerow
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Phantom and EunWol’s skill voices have been added.
    No! No no no no no!

I main a Shade. I love my Shade. I love that it is silent. I hate the classes that have voices (LIKE CUTTING MOONLIGHT!) because it is so very very repetitive. If they toned down how often the characters talked I wouldn't mind as much but from the clip it seemed to be with every attack.

And I can't just mute the voices as muting the sound effects well mutes everything and in general sound is very important.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited August 2017
    Seerow wrote: »
    Phantom and EunWol’s skill voices have been added.
    No! No no no no no!

I main a Shade. I love my Shade. I love that it is silent. I hate the classes that have voices (LIKE CUTTING MOONLIGHT!) because it is so very very repetitive. If they toned down how often the characters talked I wouldn't mind as much but from the clip it seemed to be with every attack.

And I can't just mute the voices as muting the sound effects well mutes everything and in general sound is very important.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do.

In Options, go to the Sound tab and mute "Skills". Leave BGM and SFX alone.
    chaoscauser
  • RaindewRaindew
    Reactions: 1,030
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    The new area are made from fragments of the past. Since Hekaton was never released to GMS due to issues I doubt we'll ever get it.

watchu mean you doubt we'll ever get what? Moras? thats a main content, ofcourse we're going to get it, my question was:
    how are we going to have this NPC (regardless of what form) in our storyline if we never even had it in the first place?
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Even though we never got Hekaton, he was still mentioned in the Kritias questline, and wasn't ignored there.

well Kritias is apart of Hekaton so of course he'll be in that storyline.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited August 2017
    Raindew wrote: »

watchu mean you doubt we'll ever get what? Moras? thats a main content, ofcourse we're going to get it, my question was:
    how are we going to have this NPC (regardless of what form) in our storyline if we never even had it in the first place?

I think he meant getting Hekaton, and I did respond to that above; Hekaton is still mentioned as a part of the Kritias questline, which we do have; we don't really NEED to get Hekaton to get this.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Job Balancing Adjustments
    -snip-
    Hey look! Oprah Winfrey's back!
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Well it's still Tespia still a slim chance of the boss entry requirements not going through in the main server, and also if it does go through in kms we have a slim chance of it not coming in GMS. Hopefully they see sense.....
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    I really hope they do not go with those boss changes, all of it is terrible and un-needed.

the boss reward revamp would have been better if it was for PQ rewards instead, with some additional rewards, those are the rewards that need serious revamping.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I'm trying to figure out when people who play this game are gonna realize that all you do in Maple is dailies and grind and you call that fun eh?
    Now you can do boss runs once a week :)

Brings an all new meaning to seeing people AFK in-game while they wait a week to Boss again.

Maybe that's what you do ,doesn't mean that's all there is to do.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I'm trying to figure out when people who play this game are gonna realize that all you do in Maple is dailies and grind and you call that fun eh?
    Now you can do boss runs once a week :)

Brings an all new meaning to seeing people AFK in-game while they wait a week to Boss again.

Maybe that's what you do ,doesn't mean that's all there is to do.
  • CharniaCharnia
    Reactions: 605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    The whole Arcane River and Erda storyline reminds me of SEGA's PSO2 game for episode 4 and 5. Erda is really similar to the concept of Aether where everything that was once in your mind and desires becomes reality.

Surprised to see the older mobs, themes, and such return. Would still prefer newer models and not reskins, but at least it's part of the storyline for it to make sense.

Also glad to see Papulatus make a comeback. One of the OG endgame bosses.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2017
    Boss changes are garbage. The drop rate nerf and now this... things looking grim for Maplestory.
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Hey Nexon, why stop there? Might as well keep going and make all bosses once a week, regardless of difficulty.

cra once per year xD
  • PeepPeep
    edited August 2017
    bazzy wrote: »

cra once per year xD

All bosses 1 entry per account forever.
  • PeepPeep
    edited August 2017
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Peep wrote: »

Nothing new
    Peep wrote: »
    Boss changes are garbage. The drop rate nerf and now this... things looking grim for Maplestory.

They looked grim around the Unleashed update and now they look very grim.