[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Flying Mobs At Arcane River

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The Flying Mobs At Arcane River, as far as i know designed so that people cannot afk at any of the maps with mobs. This flying mobs makes us cannot use potions. It is really annoying and players who even doesn't afk die from it easily. I suggest to remove the exp loss if players die from the flying mobs at Arcane River. It will still do what it is designed to but doesn't made players who actually levelling/grinding to furious upon dying from it.

Comments

• PermaPerma
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    They're designed / put there to make the area hard to train in. End game is supposed to be difficult, even if they have to introduce cheap gimmicks to up the difficulty curve.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    To be honest I'm suprised none of them have damage reflect skills. That was the go to artificial difficulty for Nexon for a while.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    It is not to make the end game map harder. if that is maplestory intention, they would have getting rid the absolute invincibility (getting 1 damage) at Arcane map after players reach enough Arcane Force. The purpose is to avoid players afk in there. For players with high damage and have enough AF to get the absolute invincibility, it is easy. But for players who only have decent damage plus getting high damage from the monsters, it is a nightmare, especially for classes with low hp. Getting chased anywhere by the flying mobs while cannot using hp potion and plus have to avoid the other mobs in the map, it is really annoying. And it happens every 5 mins. if we try to runaway to another map with low hp, it is a suicide move. Coz the other maps would also have the flying mobs and you don't know how many monsters is waiting for you on the next map. Trying to open the map to teleport, you will mostlikely getting killed before you managed to click the map before teleporting out. So my suggestion is at least make so that we don't lose exp if the flying mobs kill us.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
  • iluvsuniluvsun
    Reactions: 1,280
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    i would prefer if the mobs took longer to spawn each time you did kill them like 10mins at least. I was training during 2x once and i had to answer the door, only to come back and see my character was dead because of these damn flying mobs.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    iluvsun wrote: »
    i would prefer if the mobs took longer to spawn each time you did kill them like 10mins at least. I was training during 2x once and i had to answer the door, only to come back and see my character was dead because of these damn flying mobs.

Wouldn't make any difference. Someone could ring the door 9 minutes and 50 seconds after you killed the previous anti-afk mob.

I don't think Maple, or even level 200+ Maple, should be a game only for people who completely shut the world out while playing. Including the internet. (I've died while looking something up on Nexon's own website (because in-game event list can't be trusted...).

I think these anti-afk mobs don't belong in GMS. The solution of not losing exp when they kill you sounds nice, until you realize it's often not they that kill you, but rather the other mobs (or elite mobs/boses) on the map who attack you while you are potion-locked. And making it so that dying in Arcane River from any cause loses no exp, is a bit much to ask.
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Prevent exp loss? You know you could always buy Safety Charm from Matilda for 3mil each right?