[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Patch notes are not detailed enough

CoppersannCoppersann
Reactions: 1,105
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello!

I would like to give some feedback regarding this part of the update notes.
- All jobs receiving some skill revamps to improve the balance between jobs.
- Both Kanna and Hayato are receiving skill revamps to adjust their skills’ stats, balance, energy cost, and more.
- Kanna’s stats will be increased to make her more competitive and balanced with other Magician jobs.

I am missing a lot of details here, what is actually being balanced? Will I get stronger or lose power?
As a player I care a lot about what happens to my character, I don't know if my character will be affected and if so.. where to look.

Also I am happy that Kanna is being revamped but what exactly is being revamped, should I just login and figure it out myself?
If I didnt have a Kanna and I would see those patch notes I wouldn't even be bothered to create one since I don't know what is being changed anyway.

Thank you for reading!
JulySlicedTimedarikHHG1BooberpuppyJettLuvsUKlaraDeeMonLizardnixMattyand 1 other.

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2017
    Agreed. I know a lot of us read KMS patch notes etc which tend to have a tiny bit more detail but all the information should be added. It wasn't even added for all the other jobs that are getting balanced.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited August 2017
    skills changes and game related stuff shouldn't get "simplified" in patch notes.. I don't know the reason for that.. it's or they don't want the players to know about the changes, or just too lazy to type it down.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    eh, KMS patch notes dont actually have all the detail that is posted on OMB, most of that detail comes from people digging in the game files or from group data collection and posts on insoya from other players. but from what Spaddow posted, Kannas are getting nothing but buffs, even to kishin.
    DarkPassenger
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    eh, KMS patch notes dont actually have all the detail that is posted on OMB, most of that detail comes from people digging in the game files or from group data collection and posts on insoya from other players. but from what Spaddow posted, Kannas are getting nothing but buffs, even to kishin.

The cmst changes spadow posted, are incomplete and partly incorrect for GMS. There are some differences between cmst and what we got in live version. Once they confirm its as intended I will make a video about all the changes for Kanna.
    BooberpuppyCatoooloooLizardnix
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    Funny thing is, they used to do more detailed posts, until they were caught copy pasting from Orange Mushroom.
    SlicedTime
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited September 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Funny thing is, they used to do more detailed posts, until they were caught copy pasting from Orange Mushroom.

yea, but they still would have been vague about the hayato and kanna updates as KMS dont have those classes.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    They edited the post for hayato and kanna skills but there are still no real details. It's just "added, adjusted, removed, increased, decrease". What we want is values. For all the class changes.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    They also said the community asked for the patch notes to be like this. No, no we didn't, no one asked for this. Just because we commented on copying the notes on Orange Mushroom's blog, doesn't mean not to give as many details.

Yes someone was making TL;DR videos, about the patches, but not everyone in the entire community needed them. It's always better for a condensed version to be an option, and not the only version that is posted.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited September 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    They edited the post for hayato and kanna skills but there are still no real details. It's just "added, adjusted, removed, increased, decrease". What we want is values. For all the class changes.

as I said before, not even KMS gives details in the values that are changed for skill rebalances, that come from players talking on insoya and datamining the game files. OMB posts are a combination of the patch notes kms gets, along with the data other players provide + datamine.

there are certain exceptions (like for certain durations, or blanket changes across a lot of skills)
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited September 2017
    There is one thing you must know guys. Kanna is still OP, I even know a Kanna at 35 or 36k INT who, with this patch could now solo Damien in less that 3 min, but mainly cuz he could bind once at each phase since Kanna has two bind skills which kept their original durations of either 20 or 30 seconds. Not only Haku Buff is not nerfed, it is actually buff cuz it also has %final damage self buff. It can even acts as Bishop blessing which this character can gain even more %final damage when in a big party.