[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Monster Park vs Monster Carnival Party Quest

DragonAwokenDragonAwoken
Reactions: 300
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm not here to complain, I want to suggest that the Monster Park is great and all but I think Monster Carnival Party Quest added a really cool aspect to the game. It was really fun to battle people for a win or to just trade wins. My suggestion says to make an updated version of McPQ with higher level mobs inside of the McPQ, and make the quest level 200-220 or something like that. There's not a lot of exp content right now for those levels and I know more training maps are coming but I feel that a lot of people liked McPQ. In the regular McPQ there was "Spiegelmann's Coins" and in the McPQ2 there was "Shiny Spiegelmann's coins" Maybe if this suggestion is taken seriously then there could be "Superior Spiegelmann's Coins" with a selection of rewards that give the ability to purchase A rare Spiegelmann's medal that is really strong, some of the upcoming V-cores for 5th job, cubes, scrolls, and perhaps "Hyper Terminous weapons(enhanced versions of Terminous weapons)" to rebalanced the battle with set bonus vs non-set bonus equipment? The coins only dropped when monster were killed, so if both teams are grinding hard to get coins then maybe Trade wins won't be as important as coin grinding. But the reward exp for wins vs losses could be set high at like 80%win 20%loss. The coin drop rate could be set low and the amount of coins required could be set high to make the rewards challenging to obtain. The rewards don't really have to be that generous but I think players would really like it. Off topic but I think it would be cool to see a scroll craft trait added to Ardentmill instead of relying so much on spell traces. To be able to craft scrolls might make the game more entertaining.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    Ah, another "retool some of the old party quests for higher levels to make them worth doing again" thread.

Best of luck to you, mate.
  • DragonAwokenDragonAwoken
    edited September 2016
    You didn't like this pq? I loved McPQ. It doesn't even have to be like MCPQ, it could just be the battle aspect. Fighting against teams was fun. Even in Ariant PQ
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    DragonAwoken

You didn't like this pq? I loved McPQ. It doesn't even have to be like MCPQ, it could just be the battle aspect. Fighting against teams was fun. Even in Ariant PQ
    No, I'm saying that this has come up before, to retool some of the old, abandoned party quests for level 200+. And not much has come of them. So good luck to you in getting some sort of response.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited September 2016
    Honestly, it isn't that impossible, look how they changed the levels of quests in KMS, a lot of em got lv130+ and got exp to their levels, we could still re-view some of em in the future.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited September 2016
    DragonAwoken

Nexon did that once, a long time ago. You might have recalled it as being Monster Carnival 2. They seemingly screwed it up by making the mob exp terrible and awarding a large sum of quest exp at the end of the round. The fact that it was only for levels 51 to 69 made it eventually hard to find new players as more players were leaving the level range than they are entering.

Odds are that the pq will only bring nostalgia by having it around, but not many people will even do it. (See Ariant PQ)
  • DragonAwokenDragonAwoken
    edited October 2016
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

DragonAwoken

Nexon did that once, a long time ago. You might have recalled it as being Monster Carnival 2. They seemingly screwed it up by making the mob exp terrible and awarding a large sum of quest exp at the end of the round. The fact that it was only for levels 51 to 69 made it eventually hard to find new players as more players were leaving the level range than they are entering.

Odds are that the pq will only bring nostalgia by having it around, but not many people will even do it. (See Ariant PQ)
    Perhaps you're right. But I think we can both agree that if it were to be done correctly then it could offer a great source of exp for those levels. Or even a source of motivation to become level 200+ for those who don't like playing level 200+.

• KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    On a personal level - One of the issues with party quests like this, and R&J PQ is that they end up just being used to grind. In a way - It pulls you out of the game. You're no longer going through the world, exploring, questing etc. People will inevitably complain about grinding being the only way to level, and then we're back at square one.

I've still added this idea to the running lists of suggestions/feedback to forward. Hopefully, we can find a balance between giving the people who like to grind a place they can go, and those who enjoy questing and exploring a reasonable alternative.
    KerBansotCatoooloooJettLuvsU
  • ReallytiredofyacrapReallytiredofyacrap
    Reactions: 570
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

On a personal level - One of the issues with party quests like this, and R&J PQ is that they end up just being used to grind. In a way - It pulls you out of the game. You're no longer going through the world, exploring, questing etc. People will inevitably complain about grinding being the only way to level, and then we're back at square one.

I've still added this idea to the running lists of suggestions/feedback to forward. Hopefully, we can find a balance between giving the people who like to grind a place they can go, and those who enjoy questing and exploring a reasonable alternative.
    Here's a ground breaking idea, keep both..???? after a certain level grinding was your only option anyway; and no one was stopping the players from diving into the world for alternative ways of training. One aspect of the game has been cut off to try and force you into the other, pleasing one side of the border does not remedy anything, it just increases that division.

I've made more friends pqing than I have grinding away at a random map. Star force maps were a great idea but forcing me into those maps was not.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Reallytiredofyacrap

Here's a ground breaking idea, keep both..???? after a certain level grinding was your only option anyway; and no one was stopping the players from diving into the world for alternative ways of training. One aspect of the game has been cut off to try and force you into the other, pleasing one side of the border does not remedy anything, it just increases that division.

I've made more friends pqing than I have grinding away at a random map. Star force maps were a great idea but forcing me into those maps was not.
    they do have both, the problem is balancing it so that grinding from a PQ (like in R&J) isnt better than completing a PQ or isnt that much better than grinding outside of a PQ.

I also believe that the Unleashed update Ironically killed PQing due to them making all PQ's have unlimited entry's a day (that was a GMS exclusive change btw) which cause people to then only do R&J for grinding and all other PQ's were forgotten about