[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

NODES drop was nerfed badly,IS THIS A JOKE?Or BUG?

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Rants and Raves
Before i can get around 10-15 nodes in 1 hour. Now after the update, i can only get 1-2 after 1 hour. Is this A joke? Or a bug? intended? You actually cutting down Nodes drop to 10% only compare to before? IS THIS A JOKE? REALLY? 1-2 NODES PERHOUR? With 180% drop gear and spider only 1-2nodes? Maybe it will take me 2 years before i can max all of the nodes.. Or maybe i should test it more. Is it just me? Or Nexon actually push us to quit this game and have a real life? FOR REAL? If you think drop potential gear ridiciously multiply the drop rate, why not just limit it to like 200% at max or 100%? Do you think it was not a pain in the ass to make my 180% drop gear? Why do you have to cut it this badly? or is it a bug? Redavengerz from Reboot server
ShadowRiku

Comments

• SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    don't you read the news? they changed how the drop rate gear works, it's now multiplicative like ignore defence instead of additive.
    ShadowRiku
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    yeah test it out more, one trial isnt enough to gather the data. RnG still plays a role.
    We dont know the formula as they arent disclosing it, but we know coupons and buffs/potions arent affected just gear.

what you can do to gather solid data, start off with 0% drop rate gear and every hour add a piece, you can still use spider and anything else that isnt gear in the trials. so every hour add another piece to determine how many pieces of drop gear yields you the highest gains.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    LOL Nexon was like we wanna make it balanced for both people who have drop rate gear and don't have drop rate gear.

>Who have and who don't have drop gear.
    >Balanced.

This will make it worse for people without drop rate gear I mean you thought node stones were pricey before now that they're more rare to farm it just made this prices go up.

At least I don't nodestones blame them Koreans Hopefully North Korea will end South Korea lmao reep nexon.

honestly, why dont you just quit and never come back if you feel you need to be so toxic as to wish death on to an entire country because of 1 mmo, or are you just trying to be an edgy kid?
    JettLuvsU
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2017
    yeah test it out more, one trial isnt enough to gather the data. RnG still plays a role.
    We dont know the formula as they arent disclosing it, but we know coupons and buffs/potions arent affected just gear.

what you can do to gather solid data, start off with 0% drop rate gear and every hour add a piece, you can still use spider and anything else that isnt gear in the trials. so every hour add another piece to determine how many pieces of drop gear yields you the highest gains.

This is one of the first things most people tested after the patch. Dailys take longer due to reduced drop rate and changes to event items, nodestone drop rate is in no way increased because of these changes and Symbol drop rate, lol lets not even go there.

The change is so noticeable that we can safely say without assuming that this is a hard nerf. We can't yet give data on exactly how much it has changed but we can say it is a nerf. Don't say I didn't tell you so.

This change is bad for everyone and I'm shocked people were trying to defend it.
    snip

It's just the developers who are so out of touch with the player base and the game. They could have easily taken the suggestion made by many in the past and increased the drop rate of nodestones and symbols overall. That way everyone benefits and the prices drop. Unfunded are happy and don't need to spend hundreds of millions to max out skills and funded are happy. It's a win win.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    People are rage quit. Good Job Nexon. See how you can get your customer back this time. Now all channels are empty. Good Job. I have tested it again. 1 hours at Vj and 1 hour at Chuchu Map. 0 nodes drop. from 30 Nodes drop for 2 hours to 0 nodes drop for 2 hours. So many people are rage quitting. Great. Tested on My Nightwalker who has 180% drop gear+ spider with 210 AF plus can kill in 1-2hits. Great Job. You need to learn how to treat players as your customer. It is like you used to sell a product for $100 and BOOM suddenly you said, sorry we are selling it for $1000 now. If you want to increase the price, you can increase by a bit. But don't do it too much otherwise your customers will leave. That is business., You need to start looking at your game as a business too. Good job on losing your customer. You can change things. But don't change drastically especially for nerf. That is the same mistake you do again and again. Making your customer too unhappy till they break, quit your game and move to another game. Good Job again.
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I don't have drop gear, but I feel like I'm getting quite a lot more nodes to drop than I did before the Tune Up update. Also cubic (chaos) blades seem to drop waaaay more frequently now which is amazing. Can't say I disagree with this change (although, I don't have dropgear so idk what it's like to grind with drop gear)
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Okay now nodes is dropping for me again. This is what i did. Probably temporary solution in case someone have same trouble. Not sure if this is the cause. Unequip all of your gear uncluding drop and non drop gear. All of your gear. Then wear them back. Probably the changes/update on drop affect some drop gear or another gear and create Glitch/bug on system. Unequip all gear and wear them back.
    edited September 2017
    LOL Nexon was like we wanna make it balanced for both people who have drop rate gear and don't have drop rate gear.

>Balanced.

This will make it worse for people without drop rate gear I mean you thought node stones were pricey before now that they're more rare to farm it just made this prices go up.

pretty sure this is a bannable action
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited September 2017
    3 nodes per hour wow.
    Savage !
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017

>Balanced.

Moderator Note:

This kind of language and unkind, unwarranted and toxic language isn't permitted on the forums.

-AlexF

You do know that the increase in price is not due to the lowered drop rate, but because of the absence of hackers and botters right?

I haven't seen any of them recently, except those bots that spam in Free Market.

But like the guy above said, "RnG still plays a role." And there's also the fact that people don't pay as much attention to the drop rate before as compared to after the patch. Did you know about greed detector?

The more you want the item, the harder it will be to find them. It might just be an unfounded jinx, but this jinx is so real that I dare not disbelieve it.

P.S. I don't really pay any attention to the drop rate before the patch, and I still don't really pay as much attention to the drop rate after the patch, and since I don't really pay attention, I don't really notice anything.
    DarkPassenger
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited September 2017
    I get more nodestones on vanilla drop rates than I do with lucky winter alone for some reason... :thinking:
    edited September 2017
    Silva wrote: »

>Balanced.

Moderator Note:

This kind of language and unkind, unwarranted and toxic language isn't permitted on the forums.

-AlexF

You do know that the increase in price is not due to the lowered drop rate, but because of the absence of hackers and botters right?

I haven't seen any of them recently, except those bots that spam in Free Market.

But like the guy above said, "RnG still plays a role." And there's also the fact that people don't pay as much attention to the drop rate before as compared to after the patch. Did you know about greed detector?

The more you want the item, the harder it will be to find them. It might just be an unfounded jinx, but this jinx is so real that I dare not disbelieve it.

P.S. I don't really pay any attention to the drop rate before the patch, and I still don't really pay as much attention to the drop rate after the patch, and since I don't really pay attention, I don't really notice anything.

Another thing I can think of with what you explained is the rose clipping, when you seem to want to find one ( at least before the drop rate of rose clipping was buffed) it was nearly impossible. When you are about to give up on it, the rose clipping dropped.