[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A lot of issues

CarlCarl
Reactions: 640
edited September 2017 in General Chat
First of all, I have been played this game for very long, also AFK very long because of broken server during 2x and bug issues. Come back to this game and played for 1 week, nothing really changed but more and more disappointment of Nexon People are welcome to post their "funny"(This really means bug/SMH moments)screenshots. Because we all know Nexon will never address those issues. Their issues are "Why we losing players", "Why they spend less and less money on this game". Anyway lets start.
1.https://ibb.co/n0WEoa Guess what coin is this.
2.https://ibb.co/ncb3gv Why this thing always block my item qty and hotkey?
3.https://ibb.co/hkw3gv https://ibb.co/iBaw1v I just dont want stack with my brother even we are the same thing.
4.https://ibb.co/h2uZoa Points after Points, make the skill on points.
5.https://ibb.co/g12n8a https://ibb.co/jcudEF Even we are the same skill, we both special, so we want look differently from each other.(one from keyboard layout another one from bottom right bar).
6.https://ibb.co/jxevuF Our launcher 100% work, we just want to throw some Python code into our folder to let you know the process.
7.https://ibb.co/m3VUMv I guess that is my fault been not know how to launch the game(no error code, no description. I promise it works last night)
8. advanced equip enhancement scroll and advanced equip enhancement scroll. Your eyes are working properly, they both have the same name but one of the name will destroy your item.(Its my fault to not read the description? Why not change all the items in Maplestory into one name and give different description)
9. If you disagree from #8, explain Clean Slate Scroll and Pure Clean Slate Scroll please?
10. Those are all not bugs, because you never fix bugs which means this game has no bug.

Conclusion: Nexon has very very POOR management from the beginning and never changed, they want money but they dont know how to make money.(Well that is not true when players didnt realize how Nexon care about them)

PS: Good luck to lose more players in future and I hope you all will find a new job :D (If this post not been deleted I will post real suggestion next)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    1. That's a Heroes coin from the Heroes of Maple event. I fail to see what the issue is.
    2. There was supposed to be an update applied which would remember the state of which windows you closed and where they were placed on the screen. I had heard a rumor that this update was broken, but haven't tested enough myself to notice. If this is bugged, please report it.
    3. If they don't stack, they have two different item IDs, making them two different items. It's likely one was released later than the other one, resulting in an inconsistency.
    4. That's just a text error. Easily fixable.
    5. That seems like a small bug or possible a memory/DLL corruption on your computer. Try a full shutdown of your computer and if this persists, or if someone else can verify, report it as a bug.
    6. I'm not sure what this is supposed to be showing. In the first place, I cannot find any such files in my own Maplestory or Nexon Launcher folders. In the second place, Python is very common for applications which connect to the web. More importantly, I don't know what folder you're looking at, so I can't tell you why it's there. It's possible your computer may be infected, I would recommend a virus scan from Malware Bytes or your current antivirus, just to be on the safe side.
    7. This blank error can be solved by tweaking the registry. Open the Regedit program on your computer, locate the folder "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers", find the registy containing the filepath to your Maplestory folder, right click>"Modify">delete the value
    8. Some scrolls have a destruction rate, and others do not. This is not a bug, they're just different scrolls
    9. Pure Clean Slate scrolls will never destroy an item, whereas some CS scrolls do have a chance. I'm unsure of the exact history for why this is the case, but it's not much of an issue.

This thread is pure Nexon bashing and is not constructive at all. I'll leave it open with a different title in the hopes that I can actually help solve your issues, but this thread is not helpful at all.
  • CarlCarl
    edited September 2017
    Neospector,
    1. My point is cursor blocking the coin name. move it away.
    6. Its from your launcher\bin folder, Im not saying Python is not common or anything like that. My point is do players need it? ofc we dont, why you put your test code in there, yes for sure it will not effect anything but on the other hand if you put 10G non-effect files in your launcher that means the same thing. Indirectly tells player this is unfinished and you push an unfinished/alpha version to us.
    7. Thanks for explain this to me.
    8. My point on those scrolls is one AEE will destroy item and the other AEE will not, why they have the same name? Why not just change one of the scroll(I assume you know those two kind of AEE)
    9. CSS will NOT destroy item and CSS is EXACTLY same thing as PURE CSS. why has two names for the same thing?

Finally, this thread is pure Nexon bashing and Nexon didnt do a good job that gives me this chance to bash themselves cause those issues. Also I do not agree with you saying its not constructive. If you can not solve or be careful with those small details, how you suppose to understand your customer/players feel? Those issues are only from myself, and I do believe there are more issues like this that I didnt find.
  • CarlCarl
    edited September 2017
    Since admin replied this thread, I would like to talk some "constructive" topics as well. Why you guys losing customers/players? TBH it not Nexon America's fault, I do understand you guys can not make big decision for GMS, but those bugs are something you should do to make player convenient.
    Think about GMS just launched, how old are those players. Most of the players are from then, now its 2017, those players already have a job or they can not grind all day everyday. So you might consider to reduce the difficulty of the event, meanwhile that doesnt hurt player who wants to grind. Many of my friend who played MS back then they just simply dont have time for that long process to get those reward for both 5/8 and 4/10 schedule, they slowly lost interests of this game because of that.
    Hacking is another thing I can talk today, those websites are out there for years and they still running. Nexon takes no reaction to them WHATSOEVER after they release those illegal programs for years that dmg the game/ indirectly steeling your money(Simply example, in game currency)
    Regions. different countries with different people, Nexon is not flexible to make all regions work so far. Something that works for Korean doesnt mean it will work for American. If Nexon America can develop its own play style that fit NA/EU players, MS still have big potentials to gain new players.

Im not one of you, I cant make decision, you can listen or ignore. Those just my options from playing different games in different regions.

Regards,
    darik
  • 엘소드엘소드
    Reactions: 775
    edited September 2017
    lol, Neo isn't an admin.
    He only got forum mod features (edit posts, lock topics, etc.). He doesn't have access to company reports/stats i.e. playerbase counts, etc. nor does he actually do anything about decisions except forwarding topics to actual Nexon employees (in which case, they don't really do anything about hacking websites because they operate outside the U.S., etc.)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    Carl wrote: »
    8. My point on those scrolls is one AEE will destroy item and the other AEE will not, why they have the same name? Why not just change one of the scroll(I assume you know those two kind of AEE)
    9. CSS will NOT destroy item and CSS is EXACTLY same thing as PURE CSS. why has two names for the same thing?

Pure CSS and CSS have the same function because we do not have bonus stats/additional stats/additional options sytems, but if we did Pure CSS would wipe the additional options/bonus stats on top of freeing slots iirc.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

Pure CSS and CSS have the same function because we do not have bonus stats/additional stats/additional options sytems, but if we did Pure CSS would wipe the additional options/bonus stats on top of freeing slots iirc.

CSS isn't innocence.

Booming CSS do exist, though I am not 100% certain that booming 10% CSS exist. Always a good idea to read the description carefully.
    And anyway, it's not like duplicate items are a new thing. According to the new Pet Ignore search function, we have nine different Power Elixir items defined... though I think only about 5 of them actually show up in the game.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Neospector,
    1. My point is cursor blocking the coin name. move it away.
    6. Its from your launcher\bin folder, Im not saying Python is not common or anything like that. My point is do players need it? ofc we dont, why you put your test code in there, yes for sure it will not effect anything but on the other hand if you put 10G non-effect files in your launcher that means the same thing. Indirectly tells player this is unfinished and you push an unfinished/alpha version to us.
    7. Thanks for explain this to me.

Finally, this thread is pure Nexon bashing and Nexon didnt do a good job that gives me this chance to bash themselves cause those issues. Also I do not agree with you saying its not constructive. If you can not solve or be careful with those small details, how you suppose to understand your customer/players feel? Those issues are only from myself, and I do believe there are more issues like this that I didnt find.

1. Move your cursor slightly to the left and slightly up?
    6. If the files are there they probably serve a purpose. Looking at the folder, it looks like a bunch of common Python libraries for the launcher's use. You could try deleting them and see if it still works, but typically things aren't just thrown in willy-nilly.
    8. Because it's the same scroll, and does the same thing, one just has a destruction rate. I think VFMs have forwarded some duplicate items in the past for cleanup, since it's just a basic string, But it's not gamebreaking.
    9. Some CSS scrolls have a destruction rate. Source: Have boomed an anniversary weapon with a CSS. Most modern CSS scrolls (from events/elite bosses) are the ones without a destruction rate, but booming scrolls do exist.
  • CarlCarl
    edited September 2017
    1. Item window following cursor which means keep blocking item name. Please move Item window away from cursor only like couple pixels to the right will solve the issue.
    6. I have done some coding before. In my opinion, a finished, a polished product should compile the files together and not just throw the library into it. Agree?
    8 9 All those similar scrolls my opinion was Boom and no Boom should have a clear differences on their name for users to recognize the differences very easily. Boom AEE and no Boom AEE should have a different name. "EX: call no boom aee as superior equip enhancement scroll or something like that". On the other hand, CSS 5% will boom and 10% will not, I guess there is no issue with that, but back to the other topic I suggested

Since bonus stats are not our thing, and they works the same way, why rewards give us Pure CSS and not just normal, our version CSS.

Beside those topics there is another issue which is if you played marvel machine last week and you did not log into the game get your MVP points, you will never get them. EX: I redeemed my prepay card on website, did not log into the game to get my MVP points, play marvel machine, log back into the game, go to cash shop, no MVP points for me. (I really dont care those MVP points thats why I totally forgot the issue in the first place).

엘소드 wrote: »
    lol, Neo isn't an admin.
    He only got forum mod features (edit posts, lock topics, etc.). He doesn't have access to company reports/stats i.e. playerbase counts, etc. nor does he actually do anything about decisions except forwarding topics to actual Nexon employees (in which case, they don't really do anything about hacking websites because they operate outside the U.S., etc.)

I understand Neo only operating the forum, but he could pass the message/ideas/complains to the department that could address the issue. Also, according Blizzard sued one of the hacking website, I believe Nexon's lawyer could do something.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    The MVP points for buying Marvel Spins have not been given yet to anyone, regardless of logging into the game.
    They will be distributed in this week's scheduled maintenance.
  • 엘소드엘소드
    Reactions: 775
    edited September 2017
    lol, Neo isn't an admin.

I understand Neo only operating the forum, but he could pass the message/ideas/complains to the department that could address the issue. Also, according Blizzard sued one of the hacking website, I believe Nexon's lawyer could do something.

Neo (and other forum mods) do forward issues in the handful of topics I do read. And as for hacking sites, Nexon has, in the past, sued several (according to google). The issue is that legal suits take months to go through the process, and that some operate outside the legal reach of the U.S., so even if Nexon does win, the court can't touch them (unlike Blizzard's case, where the hacking site was based in Germany, which does cooperate on legal issues with the U.S.)

• CarlCarl
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    The MVP points for buying Marvel Spins have not been given yet to anyone, regardless of logging into the game.
    They will be distributed in this week's scheduled maintenance.
    lol, Neo isn't an admin.

Neo (and other forum mods) do forward issues in the handful of topics I do read. And as for hacking sites, Nexon has, in the past, sued several (according to google). The issue is that legal suits take months to go through the process, and that some operate outside the legal reach of the U.S., so even if Nexon does win, the court can't touch them (unlike Blizzard's case, where the hacking site was based in Germany, which does cooperate on legal issues with the U.S.)

sigh, you are right. If Nexon can trace those trades, they can hunt down meso seller's "bank account" that would be the best way I guess.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    1. Item window following cursor which means keep blocking item name. Please move Item window away from cursor only like couple pixels to the right will solve the issue.
    6. I have done some coding before. In my opinion, a finished, a polished product should compile the files together and not just throw the library into it. Agree?
    8 9 All those similar scrolls my opinion was Boom and no Boom should have a clear differences on their name for users to recognize the differences very easily. Boom AEE and no Boom AEE should have a different name. "EX: call no boom aee as superior equip enhancement scroll or something like that". On the other hand, CSS 5% will boom and 10% will not, I guess there is no issue with that, but back to the other topic I suggested

Since bonus stats are not our thing, and they works the same way, why rewards give us Pure CSS and not just normal, our version CSS.

cause the rewards are generally coppy pasted, but they only remove certain things (like flames).
    Carl