[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In need of some help

AlzakielAlzakiel
Reactions: 940
edited September 2017 in General Chat
I just started back playing maple after a while and im actually a Luminous Lvl 167 and im using

-Platinum Cross Ring/Tempest Ring/Luminous Ring
-Maple Saint Pendant/Maple Saint Shining Rod/Tempest Belt
-Maple Saint Cap/Maple Saint Gum/Mystic eye accessory/Maple Saint Suit/Tempest shoes
-Tempest Earring/Veteran Crusader Shoulder/Tempest Gloves
-Gold heroes emblem/Lovely Flame Badge/Maple Saint Medal/Maple Saint Cape/Karma orb(6%DMG/+100HP Epic.pot + Rare pot magic.atk +3%)
-111 Star Forces

And while i can still exp quite well, im taking sooo god damn much damage it is becoming expensive in potion. So i was wondering is there a set i could easely farm to make my life less miserable and possibly xp even faster? Because atm it is starting to be a pain xP.

I was thinking about trying Cygnus Empress to try and get myself a Dragon Tail Set, but i dont even think i can kill her lol.

Thanks for the help!
PS: Im not funded.
    No results for this poll

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    what server are you in?

I'd suggest just getting your hands on the penslar/utgard set, it's the common monster drop set at lvl 140+ areas, if you can get someone to give you pieces of empress then sure.
    Alzakiel
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    edited September 2017
    Im on Renegade(Sadly, it seem to be pretty much dead.... If only they would merge the server...)

Penslar/Utgard set you say ? Urgh.. Why did i sell the few Pensalir pieces i had gotten /facepalm.

Don't have anybody to lend some empress pieces, got 2 pieces from gachapon today, but that won't bring me far lol.

So Penslar and Utgard it will be! Thanks for the help.
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    edited September 2017
    Otherwise can i try to get some Stigma coins for AbsoLab Set ?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    Alzakiel wrote: »

you said you are on a dead world, and the only way to get these coins is to beat very very high HP, high PDR bosses. since you are unfunded and on a dead world it's not realistic for you to aim for getting the coins unless you happen to know some heavily funded people on your server. you can aim for getting some parts of the Sweet water set from doing commerci voyages though.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    What's your ign? I can give you a cra set if you want.
    Alzakiel
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    edited September 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    What's your ign? I can give you a cra set if you want.

Layfon911 is my IGN, I would be quite happy to accept this offer :P. I won't be online before 5-6PM UTC-4 tommorow. (Unless you answer in the few next minutes, which would give me the time to log-in)
    Catooolooo wrote: »

you said you are on a dead world, and the only way to get these coins is to beat very very high HP, high PDR bosses. since you are unfunded and on a dead world it's not realistic for you to aim for getting the coins unless you happen to know some heavily funded people on your server. you can aim for getting some parts of the Sweet water set from doing commerci voyages though.

I know it's not realistic, just asking so i may know my option :P. I didn't keep myself up to date on what gear is avalaible and even if i check them, i often feel like they are nearly impossible to get lol. (And i don't know much about every boss power and difficulty)
  • TorippiTorippi
    Reactions: 1,540
    edited September 2017
    If you haven't already, build a few Link Skills characters. Even Level 1 skills can help you out a lot when you're still under 200.

Merc give you more EXP per kill.
    Kaiser give you a boost in Max HP.
    Beast Tamer (although only available during events) also give a boost in Max HP&MP.
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    edited September 2017
    Torippi wrote: »
    If you haven't already, build a few Link Skills characters. Even Level 1 skills can help you out a lot when you're still under 200.

Merc give you more EXP per kill.
    Kaiser give you a boost in Max HP.
    Beast Tamer (although only available during events) also give a boost in Max HP&MP.

Building these link skill slowly.

Luminous L167
    Demon Slayer L110
    Phantom L49
    Beast Tamer L30
    Shade L21(Or 10... don't remember)
    Demon Avenger L21

But yeah, overall i didn't forget about this. The only thing im kinda unhappy with is my cards are gone, but in time i'll be able to make that Legion for some extra bonus there.
  • TorippiTorippi
    Reactions: 1,540
    edited September 2017

Luminous L167
    Demon Slayer L110
    Phantom L49
    Beast Tamer L30

But yeah, overall i didn't forget about this. The only thing im kinda unhappy with is my cards are gone, but in time i'll be able to make that Legion for some extra bonus there.

Agreed, the Legion thing is a pain in the butt to understand and use. I miss my cards. ;<
    I pushed to get all the link skills done before choosing my main as the link skills not only help my main level up faster, but it was also more fun to play. Personal preference though. *nod*
    Alzakiel
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    edited September 2017
    Torippi wrote: »

Luminous L167
    Demon Slayer L110
    Phantom L49
    Beast Tamer L30

Agreed, the Legion thing is a pain in the butt to understand and use. I miss my cards. ;<
    I pushed to get all the link skills done before choosing my main as the link skills not only help my main level up faster, but it was also more fun to play. Personal preference though. *nod*

Honestly i didn't really care about Link skill, until i search a bit to know what they do. :') (My luminous was already 150 by then,been a year since then if i remember lol)

But even then, i have problem leveling multiple character at time because of how they are played/work. But yeah, i should soon at least level them all high enough to unlock their Lvl 1 link skill. (Lvl 70 to share it, if i remember and it didn't change?)

I'd be really happy if i could get my luminous to 200-250k damage range. Im at around 95kdmg atm. Plus some more defence, cause these Adv.Knight A does quite a lot of dmg lol.

Might be giving a try to Hayato/Kanna soon.