[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.233 Destiny: Remastered Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion - increase mesos cap to 100b

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
Posts: 337
Member
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
idk it's just an idea to make selling in the AH easier.

Comments

  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    Posts: 43
    Member
    edited September 2017
    not a good idea the worth of meso would reduce even more than what it already is. thanks to does botters

    increased cap would make it possible for them to farm more on their full account
  • HorsechubHorsechub
    Reactions: 1,190
    Posts: 33
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    xCora wrote: »
    not a good idea the worth of meso would reduce even more than what it already is. thanks to does botters

    increased cap would make it possible for them to farm more on their full account

    They just transfer it to another character and it takes them like 5 minutes. It's way more hard on normal players to whom all viable gear is worth more that 10B and causes risk in sketchy trades
    SlicedTimeUnforgivennnSesomSlayer
  • inukiroyainukiroya
    Reactions: 880
    Posts: 63
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Easier to not get scammed tho when selling items worth more than 10b like LGR
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    Posts: 337
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Eh it's just a thought that occurred to me - most items sold that are very high end are USUALLY valued below 100b but above 10b.

    Doubt anything will happen but it's been awhile since I saw a mesos cap suggestion.
  • BuckYouBuckYou
    Reactions: 1,490
    Posts: 53
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Honestly I think this will just cause more problems with meso exploits allowing mesos to be moved faster. It seems like now almost no one is selling items that are worth more than 10b, for just mesos. They usually accept items or do an RMT against the rules.
    Lilyflower
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Horsechub wrote: »
    xCora wrote: »
    not a good idea the worth of meso would reduce even more than what it already is. thanks to does botters

    increased cap would make it possible for them to farm more on their full account

    They just transfer it to another character and it takes them like 5 minutes. It's way more hard on normal players to whom all viable gear is worth more that 10B and causes risk in sketchy trades

    all this will do is reduce the worth of meso more cause of bots, and in the end, not fix the issue due to items at that point costing beyond the 100b meso cap.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited September 2017
    I don't get how it reduces the worth of meso when it takes them less than 1 min to transfer 9b through the storage to their next character. Once they cap out on slots they make a new account. Raising the cap helps players a lot more.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    I don't get how it reduces the worth of meso when it takes them less than 1 min to transfer 9b through the storage to their next character. Once they cap out on slots they make a new account. Raising the cap helps players a lot more.

    you rase the cap to 100b and they will do the same process, but with 100b, more meso for them to sell and inflation will happen.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited September 2017
    You're implying they don't already have that same meso across multiple accounts. It literally makes no difference.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    You're implying they don't already have that same meso across multiple accounts. It literally makes no difference.

    they dont though, because the total of 4,100b per account is not the same as 410b per account

    also they do worse than what you think they are doing to bot, they do not bot on just 1 account at a time, they bot on multiple at the same time, maybe up to 20~25 using the hack tool they use. they can run 20~25 account bots at once on a single computer.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited September 2017
    What I'm saying is they make stacks of accounts regardless. Having an increase cap makes 100% no difference to their income or how much stock they have. It will save them a tiny bit of time at most if the cap is increased.

    I already know they have multiple bots running. You seem to be aware of this too so how is it that you don't understand what I am saying? Put it this way. If I have 3 accounts that have the stock of up to 100b and then 1 account with 100b what difference in stock is there exactly? None as I still have 100b. The only difference here is the 10-20 seconds it's going to take to relog to sell larger amounts.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited September 2017
    that's a nice suggestion but there is a problem

    1: a legit player will have a hard time when farming mesos, if only there is a meso increase when hitting mobs.

    2: a botter will easily farm mesos more than legit player.
    TheOutlander
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,320
    Posts: 216
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Inkwell coins. But I'm afraid that will tank the economy if hackers and such manage to dupe it.
  • inukiroyainukiroya
    Reactions: 880
    Posts: 63
    Member
    edited September 2017
    There are still hackers in normal servers? Its soo dead in MYBKN I think even the botters quit lmao. Like 0 botters
  • McFookinMcFookin
    Reactions: 415
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    that's a nice suggestion but there is a problem

    1: a legit player will have a hard time when farming mesos, if only there is a meso increase when hitting mobs.

    2: a botter will easily farm mesos more than legit player.

    You said there's a problem, but you didn't exactly identify what the/those problems were.

    What exactly will a legit player have a hard time with? Reaching cap? Also, if you increase how many mesos monsters drop then you will be effectively creating the problem you guys actually want to avoid (depreciation of the meso.)

    In my opinion I don't think there is an issue with a cap increase of how many mesos you can hold/store in the bank as long as you don't change anything else. It's a change to improve quality of life and making trades that exceed 10b safer. The argument about botters is a real concern but I don't it think applies here. Being able to hoard more mesos is stating the obvious. The distinction I think you're trying to make is that it'll be easier for them in terms of having to make less mules but that doesn't change the time it'll take them to farm mesos at the rate they currently do. A drop increase in mesos would.

    I think this would certainly be a great change for Reboot players where we have to rely on meso farming and would be so convenient during long cubing sessions and enhancing superior items.