[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Dear Arkarium......

MrJuggal0MrJuggal0
Reactions: 1,200
edited September 2017 in Rants and Raves
I genuinely hate you so much above all of the other bosses in this game. At least when the other bosses have a 1 shot kill, they don't spam it every single time I return to the damn arena in the event I lose a life. You get a sliver of a second to try to hit him before he uses that Evander Holyfield ear chomp he calls an attack. When the other bosses do have a one shot attack, at least they're nice and give me a 1% chance to avoid it; the funny thing is is that most of those one shot bosses are stronger and better than Arkarium. I still find it baffling that if you don't have a bind attack with you, you have no chance against him because there has to be a way to confiscate that stupid 1 shot coward spam or just get 1 billion range for easy Arkarium and hope for the best. Jesus christ I find it hilarious Arkarium is this infuriating, considering his primary reward the Dominator Pendant is outclassed by Gollux's crown jewels, and got its 10% HP/MP nerfed to a hysterical 10 points. Seriously, what the s*** Arkarium? Just because you got owned by a subordinate Demon Commander 400 years ago and let him wreck the Black Mage, doesn't mean you have to be a butthurt old geezer and smite every living micro-organism, that walks into the arena, into a puddle. Thank the gods Damien realized you were a total d*** and turned you into your true form: a mother-flipping sssssssnaaaake!!!

Someday, I will kick your hiney, steal your meso and crusader coins, and dance on your grave while freeing the girl in the giant crystal you worked so desperately hard to imprison....

Oh wait nvm you probably just one shot her too and she got wrecked. Seriously, it can destroy GODS, PEOPLE! Additionally, someone should take that one shot away from him or add a cooldown or something because I get he's a villain and villains have the archetype where they don't play by the rules and cheat in every way possible, but this is just ridiculous at this point.

Tl:Dr, Arkarium is a massive c***.

Sincerely,

A Mapler that just wanted to finish the Silent Crusade Questline.

Edit: I mean it is a rant/rave, and I'm blowing off steam.....
JettLuvsUWZrkMewBlueberryEmelinStriker
  1. Which one shot capabilities unique to each boss gets you infuriated the most?21 votes
    1. Arkarium's 1 shot spam witchcraft that is beyond human comprehension
       38% (8 votes)
    2. Zakum
       10% (2 votes)
    3. Horntail
       5% (1 vote)
    4. Hilla
       5% (1 vote)
    5. Von Bon
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Pierre
       0% (0 votes)
    7. Crimson Queen
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Vellum the Worm God
       5% (1 vote)
    9. Von Leon
       0% (0 votes)
    10. Magnus
       14% (3 votes)
    11. Gollux
       0% (0 votes)
    12. Lotus
       10% (2 votes)
    13. Damien
       0% (0 votes)
    14. Lucid
       0% (0 votes)
    15. Mano
       14% (3 votes)

Comments

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited September 2017
    MrJuggal0 wrote: »
    I genuinely hate you so much above all of the other bosses in this game. At least when the other bosses have a 1 shot kill, they don't spam it every single time I return to the damn arena in the event I lose a life. You get a sliver of a second to try to hit him before he uses that Evander Holyfield ear chomp he calls an attack. When the other bosses do have a one shot attack, at least they're nice and give me a 1% chance to avoid it; the funny thing is is that most of those one shot bosses are stronger and better than Arkarium. I still find it baffling that if you don't have a bind attack with you, you have no chance against him because there has to be a way to confiscate that stupid 1 shot coward spam or just get 1 billion range for easy Arkarium and hope for the best. Jesus christ I find it hilarious Arkarium is this infuriating, considering his primary reward the Dominator Pendant is outclassed by Gollux's crown jewels, and got its 10% HP/MP nerfed to a hysterical 10 points. Seriously, what the s*** Arkarium? Just because you got owned by a subordinate Demon Commander 400 years ago and let him wreck the Black Mage, doesn't mean you have to be a butthurt old geezer and smite every living micro-organism, that walks into the arena, into a puddle. Thank the gods Damien realized you were a total d*** and turned you into your true form: a mother-flipping sssssssnaaaake!!!

Someday, I will kick your hiney, steal your meso and crusader coins, and dance on your grave while freeing the girl in the giant crystal you worked so desperately hard to imprison....

Oh wait nvm you probably just one shot her too and she got wrecked. Seriously, it can destroy GODS, PEOPLE! Additionally, someone should take that one shot away from him or add a cooldown or something because I get he's a villain and villains have the archetype where they don't play by the rules and cheat in every way possible, but this is just ridiculous at this point.

Tl:Dr, Arkarium is a massive c***.

Sincerely,

A Mapler that just wanted to finish the Silent Crusade Questline.

Edit: I mean it is a rant/rave, and I'm blowing off steam.....

Awww what a cute love letter to your true love <3
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Arkarium is just a terribly designed boss in general. His mechanics haven't been touched since like 2012? I always ignore doing this boss on my daily list because its ohko spam is super cheap. Death count changes from 20 to 5 made things a lot worse and very unnecessary. His ohko screen attack has like no cooldown, so when you respawn, he basically spams it till you lose all your lives which is awful and just terrible boss design. Heck, whatever happened to Nexon changing the summons to not be physically immune anymore like KMS? Surprised Nexon hasn't done a thing about toning down this dreaded boss. Arkarium is like the worst designed boss battle in the entire game with Hard Hilla coming close because her cage of doom is just a stupid mechanic that should be taken out as well.
    LilyflowerPirateIzzybootlickerEfficientlyLazypovertylineSlicedTime
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2017
    Arkarium is a big cheater that's for sure the other bosses are okay but this boss is off the charts.
    bootlicker
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    the pendant for ark is actually still 10% HP/MP, there's just a visual bug where it only displays 10 in the tooltip instead of 10%.

but I agree, arks boss pattern and concept is terrible and outdated.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    the pendant for ark is actually still 10% HP/MP, there's just a visual bug where it only displays 10 in the tooltip instead of 10%.

but I agree, arks boss pattern and concept is terrible and outdated.
    I wish they would update it so that legit players don't have an issue when fighting arkarium.

• OthidistOthidist
    Reactions: 685
    edited September 2017
    Arkarium isn't a boss! Arkarium is a crisis center with an occasional reward for surviving the trauma!
    MrJuggal0
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited September 2017
    Arkarium is just a terribly designed boss in general. His mechanics haven't been touched since like 2012? I always ignore doing this boss on my daily list because its ohko spam is super cheap. Death count changes from 20 to 5 made things a lot worse and very unnecessary. His ohko screen attack has like no cooldown, so when you respawn, he basically spams it till you lose all your lives which is awful and just terrible boss design. Heck, whatever happened to Nexon changing the summons to not be physically immune anymore like KMS? Surprised Nexon hasn't done a thing about toning down this dreaded boss. Arkarium is like the worst designed boss battle in the entire game with Hard Hilla coming close because her cage of doom is just a stupid mechanic that should be taken out as well.

Most bosses are terribly designed especially given the state of instability, lag, frequency of crashing, delay, etc.

As soon as a boss animation starts, 30% of the time my game will freeze and I know that I'll be dead because of the 1HKO's.

There's never really been any counter play against Physical/Magic immunity, now reflection as well as ridiculously annoying traps that aren't dodge-able.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited September 2017
    ...I like Arkarium... But only because Battle Mage's Party Shield nullifies the one shot.

Save a life, make a BaM friend.
  • MrJuggal0MrJuggal0
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited September 2017
    "...I like Arkarium... But only because Battle Mage's Party Shield nullifies the one shot.

Save a life, make a BaM friend."

I considered making a Battle Mage when I was making a Reboot character for the first time; maybe I should revisit that idea. Does the 1 shot annulment work like DrK and NW, a once in a blue moon like Shade, or is it a completely different system?

Aside from that, I main a Kaiser in Reboot, and I was just lucky to get the Erda Nova skill in hopes I would get a slightly larger edge over some bosses. Unlike my Demon Slayer main in Windia, the Demon could kill Arkarium because of the 20 second bind and because I was able to output enough damage to finish him off. Contrary to THAT, my Kaiser struggles immensely against Ark because of - like I said above - his one shot attack. Even if I have Full form with Gigas Wave, Nova Guardians, Stone Dragon, etc., he just can't output enough damage to kill him before Arky uses his attack, despite Kaiser's decent DPS. Then moreover, the process is the same, and that is obliterate you when you only have a sliver to react and hopefully attack while facing towards him instead of your back toward him.
    Othidist wrote: »
    "Arkarium isn't a boss! Arkarium is a crisis center with an occasional reward for surviving the trauma!"

With him, I think the trauma IS the reward :'(
    "...Death count changes from 20 to 5 made things a lot worse and very unnecessary..."

He had a 20 DEATH COUNT?!? I'm done.... -.-
    "The pendant for ark is actually still 10% HP/MP, there's just a visual bug where it only displays 10 in the tooltip instead of 10%..."

Alright, good to know. Since the CHT pendant and the Dominator Pendant somewhat share the same HP%/MP increase, I can still hunt for it for my DA.

• DeckiatvDeckiatv
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited February 2018
    MrJuggal0 wrote: »
    "...I like Arkarium... But only because Battle Mage's Party Shield nullifies the one shot.

Save a life, make a BaM friend."

I considered making a Battle Mage when I was making a Reboot character for the first time; maybe I should revisit that idea. Does the 1 shot annulment work like DrK and NW, a once in a blue moon like Shade, or is it a completely different system?

Aside from that, I main a Kaiser in Reboot, and I was just lucky to get the Erda Nova skill in hopes I would get a slightly larger edge over some bosses. Unlike my Demon Slayer main in Windia, the Demon could kill Arkarium because of the 20 second bind and because I was able to output enough damage to finish him off. Contrary to THAT, my Kaiser struggles immensely against Ark because of - like I said above - his one shot attack. Even if I have Full form with Gigas Wave, Nova Guardians, Stone Dragon, etc., he just can't output enough damage to kill him before Arky uses his attack, despite Kaiser's decent DPS. Then moreover, the process is the same, and that is obliterate you when you only have a sliver to react and hopefully attack while facing towards him instead of your back toward him.
    Othidist wrote: »
    "Arkarium isn't a boss! Arkarium is a crisis center with an occasional reward for surviving the trauma!"

With him, I think the trauma IS the reward :'(
    "...Death count changes from 20 to 5 made things a lot worse and very unnecessary..."

He had a 20 DEATH COUNT?!? I'm done.... -.-
    "The pendant for ark is actually still 10% HP/MP, there's just a visual bug where it only displays 10 in the tooltip instead of 10%..."

Alright, good to know. Since the CHT pendant and the Dominator Pendant somewhat share the same HP%/MP increase, I can still hunt for it for my DA.

i would like to give you tip, if you can knock out 70% with a burst(like i do) stay dead and he will USE THEM ALL AT THAT PERCENTAGE he does it every 20% so im able to ignore 2 to 3 of them making it way easier for classes that do high dps and fast attackers. sometimes he even uses 4!

Moderator Note: Please do not bump old threads.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited February 2018
    when it comes to stacking resistance link skills, arkarium's the biggest threat.
This discussion has been closed.