[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Are there still duped items in the game right now?

FadesKunFadesKun
Reactions: 410
edited September 2017 in General Chat
I was wondering after the mass deletion of duped items, are there some duped items that nexon missed?
As well as, can people still dupe items right now ?
Some maplers are hesitant of purchasing items from the fm, since they can't tell if they are duped or not.

Comments

• UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Always

Definitely stay away from no booms and 4% all stat nebs
  • OthidistOthidist
    Reactions: 685
    edited September 2017
    Dupers are like aliens. Officially they don't exist. unofficially... well *cough, look at the time.
  • FadesKunFadesKun
    edited September 2017
    Always

Definitely stay away from no booms and 4% all stat nebs

So there are duped items in game right now ? :o
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    FadesKun wrote: »

It's always healthy to maintain skepticism before you buy anything. But I haven't heard of any mass-released dupes, and there hasn't been word of any specific private ones. Which means the things you should be suspicious of are things that would be naturally suspicious, like cheap, fully-scrolled, fully-enhanced gear, or scrolls which are being sold in large quantities.
    If you suspect an item of being duped, you should report the seller in-game. I've personally been having difficulties using the in-game report function, so you should probably do so via a ticket.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Coincidentally, https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/6z2yfk/do_i_dare_say_this_important/

(I've no idea whether any of this is true.)
  • FadesKunFadesKun
    edited September 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

It's always healthy to maintain skepticism before you buy anything. But I haven't heard of any mass-released dupes, and there hasn't been word of any specific private ones. Which means the things you should be suspicious of are things that would be naturally suspicious, like cheap, fully-scrolled, fully-enhanced gear, or scrolls which are being sold in large quantities.
    If you suspect an item of being duped, you should report the seller in-game. I've personally been having difficulties using the in-game report function, so you should probably do so via a ticket.

1-So your saying duping items is possible and there could be duped items in the fm right now ?
    2-If i suspect someone is selling a duped item and say I reported him, what will happen to him and to his items ?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017

1-So your saying duping items is possible and there could be duped items in the fm right now ?
    2-If i suspect someone is selling a duped item and say I reported him, what will happen to him and to his items ?

dude, item dupes are always possible and could be in the FM, I'd advise to stay away from fully scrolled or godly potted items, maybe also any hot items like frenzy totems and the like. Right now there do not seem to be any big dupes or item dupe exploits, but it's always safe to be skeptical of the hot items being sold, also the best time to buy hot items that dont have a possibility of being duped is right after a dupe cleansing.

I will say that most of the duped items that you need to worry about are the ones that cost either meso cap or over the meso cap.
  • FadesKunFadesKun
    edited September 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

dude, item dupes are always possible and could be in the FM, I'd advise to stay away from fully scrolled or godly potted items, maybe also any hot items like frenzy totems and the like. Right now there do not seem to be any big dupes or item dupe exploits, but it's always safe to be skeptical of the hot items being sold, also the best time to buy hot items that dont have a possibility of being duped is right after a dupe cleansing.

I will say that most of the duped items that you need to worry about are the ones that cost either meso cap or over the meso cap.

Okey. that kinda answered my 2nd question but what about my 1st question. Did nexon miss deleting some duped items, i mean would that be possible ?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017

Okey. that kinda answered my 2nd question but what about my 1st question. Did nexon miss deleting some duped items, i mean would that be possible ?
    that's completely unknown, I'd say it's a good chance they removed most of the ones that had anything to do with the last duping exploit and even older ones, they seemed to have removed lots of items spanning years back.
    FadesKun
  • BuckYouBuckYou
    Reactions: 1,490
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Yes there are duped items around and they will keep being created until Nexon takes action. Not trying to spread FUD but if you take a look at black markets and open your eyes you can see this is prevalent...
    FadesKun