[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Superior Gollux Ring and Earring renewal

SparkzSparkz
Reactions: 1,070
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Suggestion: Allow multiple purchases of Superior Gollux Ring and Earring in the coin shop. (or at the least in Reboot server)

My question to you: Should there be a way to obtain multiple Superior Gollux Ring/Earring similar to Sweetwater accessories? Or, a more general question, should the Gollux Coin shops refresh periodically? Reason: in reboot you can only purchase the rings and earrings once, can't risk starforcing it to 15, nothing can be done if you accidentally sell, drop, or extract these one time items. Gollux itself does not drop rings or earrings. It only drops belts, pendants, and coins.

This is very similar to the GSE badge dilemma.

Update 10/27/2016 - my poll disappeared :( ? Iirc people were heavily in favor of renewal vs. 1 time only.
MorningAfterSeven

Comments

• xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited September 2016
    Why not just remove the permanent restriction altogether and instead make it so you can only purchase a certain item from the shop once a month
    CatoooloooJettLuvsUDoughDorSlicedTimeStarrySWolfVisoredMorningAfterSeven
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited September 2016
    xparasite9

Why not just remove the permanent restriction altogether and instead make it so you can only purchase a certain item from the shop once a month
    I've been meaning to suggest a shop renewal/update for a while now. Some of the other items are one-time purchases that make no sense, like trait items (one time ever) and additional keys.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    I think there is merit in limiting the amount of superior equips on the market. However, I do think that 1 superior ring per character is a bit of a low limit. What about limiting it to once a month? Or only 2 or 3 rings can be bought per player?
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited October 2016
    They're technically one of the best items in their category. It does suck only being able to buy 1 per character.
  • YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited October 2016
    I'm all for this, we all know how painful it is to go through the gollux pre quests just for another ring.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Honestly the prequests are less annoying than having to farm the coins on more than one character again and again
  • SparkzSparkz
    edited October 2016
    bump
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    omfg most recently boomed my superior gollux ring LOL. it was enhanced 12 times, then i used protection on it by accident. then i used aee and i forgot that protection scroll goes up to like 7 ee....
  • MicrosoftMicrosoft
    Reactions: 755
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

omfg most recently boomed my superior gollux ring LOL. it was enhanced 12 times, then i used protection on it by accident. then i used aee and i forgot that protection scroll goes up to like 7 ee....
    RIP! And now they will introduce the "Pay 2x mesos for no boom" option this week.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

I support adding a less horrible limite because of stuff liek this...if you boom your ring (especially in Reboot) you are screwed.
    SparkzBIackbean
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

I'm sorry that happened to you.

For future reference though, be sure to use starforce instead of AEE, as it will give you equipment traces when you boom an item, that you could then apply to another sup golluc ring to get the scrolled stats and potential back at least
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    Petalmagic

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

I support adding a less horrible limite because of stuff liek this...if you boom your ring (especially in Reboot) you are screwed.
    Lol you make a very good point! Since you cant trade whatsoever ahhaha!

@Microsoft--- wait is that something coming up anytime soon :^)

• MicrosoftMicrosoft
    Reactions: 755
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

@Microsoft--- wait is that something coming up anytime soon :^)

Yes, check this out:

https://orangemushroom.net/2016/04/21/kms-ver-1-2-255-maplestorys-13th-anniversary/
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

actually protections will protect any Non-Superior item that is under 12 stars

it's superior protections (for Superior type gear like Nova, Hellisium or Tyrant gear) that go up to 7

But anyways I think both Gollux coin shop and Gollux penny shop should have monthly reset on items
  • SparkzSparkz
    edited October 2016
    bump, I hope you will take my suggestion into consideration
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    All Gollux Accessories are equal!

I would lift the restriction on the whole shop or at least some times have a 1 item purchase per day restriction.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

All Gollux Accessories are equal!

I would lift the restriction on the whole shop or at least some times have a 1 item purchase per day restriction.
    I think per day is too much for what they are currently; Per month would be better.
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited October 2016
    I actually really like the "you only get one of this item so don't fk it up" thing that they got going on with the gollux rings & earrings. But there are a lot of simple items in there that are one time purchases and it just feels stupid. Like, uh, aren't there trait boost items (+5 trait) that can only be bought once? I'd pay 1 gollux coin or 10 gollux pennies for those repeatedly, easy.

Problem with the rings/earrings tho is not everyone knows that they only get one on that character, so they (for some reason) use items/enhancements that have a boom chance on these gollux items, blow'm up, then have no idea how to get a new one / get angry that they can't get another. Ofc its not entirely impossible to get a new ring/earring, you can always buy one on a mule and trade it to your main, or buy a new one in the fm for a ridiculous price. But both of those solutions are really sucky paths. So I'd say just make the message that says you can only buy one a bit more clear that you can never get another one from lucia.
  • OptimusOptimus
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Accidentally dropped my Reinforced Gollux Ring today (Reboot). FeelsBadMan. Really wish Nexon can address this issue.
  • utuiutui
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    I agree here. What's the point of limiting players to only being able to buy one gollux item in reboot?