[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please either confirm/deny merges ASAP

anotherilanotheril
Reactions: 610
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Players in GRAZED, MYBKCN and Khroa need to know what will happen at the end of this transfer event to help them decide whether or not to transfer. Could you please give us some indication of what we can expect?
krsk

Comments

• KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited September 2017
    GRAZED is the best server right now in my opinion and i love it as it is
  • MysteryMystery
    Reactions: 1,345
    edited September 2017
    I was about to start a post on this subject when i saw this one. I'm wondering the same thing. Now that several players have used the free event to move worlds (mostly to Bera), this would seem the perfect time for a merge of some of the smaller worlds that are now left behind.
    I myself am in Khroa. I started there about 10/11 years ago and i will stay there. But a merge seems like an excellent idea now to combine some of the smaller worlds.
    Personally i won't consider moving cause all of my friends play Broa. I'm a guildleader and allianceleader and i will keep it active and going.
    I would like to know though if you (nexon) are considering/planning to merge the smaller worlds together.
  • AttendanceAttendance
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2017
    Mystery wrote: »
    I was about to start a post on this subject when i saw this one. I'm wondering the same thing. Now that several players have used the free event to move worlds (mostly to Bera), this would seem the perfect time for a merge of some of the smaller worlds that are now left behind.
    I myself am in Khroa. I started there about 10/11 years ago and i will stay there. But a merge seems like an excellent idea now to combine some of the smaller worlds.
    Personally i won't consider moving cause all of my friends play Broa. I'm a guildleader and allianceleader and i will keep it active and going.
    I would like to know though if you (nexon) are considering/planning to merge the smaller worlds together.

Yea im from her guild,I want merge too,if u can do it it would help us cause some of our guild moved to bera and also we will have a better market if you merge
    Lots of broa players left broa and went to Bera and it seems like broa is almost empty.
    I would suggest a merge as well.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited September 2017
    We cannot confirm or deny a world merge at this time.

The most we can confirm is to see the overall distribution of Maplers across all the worlds. What this means is that we'll be looking at the population, activity, market, and see if a decision can be made after. Standing in the shoes of Maplers, I can see why it's felt that a decision should be made now even though much time has not elapsed from when this event started. However, please understand that further monitoring and much discussion has to be made before announcing such a big decision if it can be made.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Can you at least tell us which actions are on the table, as it were, and how long it would take to make a decision whether to go through with any of them?
    On the subreddit you wrote
    Arwoo wrote:
    The most we can do from our end is to report how the world leap event affected the spread of Maplers across all the worlds. This includes concerns of certain worlds losing much activity. From there, we can push for action to be made.
    What exactly do you mean by "push"? Who takes the actions and why do they need to be pushed?

We understand that it's hard for you to make decisions before the dust settles, but I hope you understand it is just as hard for us to make irreversible decisions blindly.
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited September 2017
    I wouldn't be able to provide an exact date or a personal guess with confidence. The last thing I want is to give false hopes or tell a lie so I do apologize for giving a broad statement in this.

As for the push, that comes from various teams. It's the community team's responsibility to see threads like this from the vocal community and compile them. We also check our in-game community to see the population on the surface. Next we have our team who reviews the data and overall distribution of population along with activity. This all then reaches our production team who reviews the data and community sentiment then pushes it to our development team. From here, potential issues, application, and further discussions happen before a final decision is made.

This is just a brief summary of how the flow of communication works internally, but I do hope it helps.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Thank you for the detailed flow description.

I'd like to go back to my first question, though: which actions are on the table?
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

I'd like to go back to my first question, though: which actions are on the table?

The action would be whether worlds world be merged or would not.
    If so, which worlds would they be?
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited September 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »

Atleast GRAZED, MYBKCN & Broa/Khaini into one World.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16369/simplify-worlds-improve-population-stability#latest
  • KalseruKalseru
    Reactions: 400
    edited September 2017

Honestly, as dumb as this might be sounding to you over at nexon HQ, a full all world merge would be the perfect thing for this game. Even if you merge smaller worlds together, they're still mostly only filled with bots, and now that you've basically killed off windia, you have two "big" servers left. A full on all worlds merge would breathe new life into the game, bring friends back together that you just split up due to not letting people world leap to windia and scania. Markets wouldn't be super inflated as they are now. I understand that this is alot of work, but should most definitely be considered, because the number one thing this game has over any other MMO i've ever played is a social community.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Kalseru wrote: »
    Honestly, as dumb as this might be sounding to you over at nexon HQ, a full all world merge would be the perfect thing for this game. Even if you merge smaller worlds together, they're still mostly only filled with bots, and now that you've basically killed off windia, you have two "big" servers left. A full on all worlds merge would breathe new life into the game, bring friends back together that you just split up due to not letting people world leap to windia and scania. Markets wouldn't be super inflated as they are now. I understand that this is alot of work, but should most definitely be considered, because the number one thing this game has over any other MMO i've ever played is a social community.

I disagree.
    I don't like the hustle and bustle of a big server. And I think it's reasonably safe to assume that the people who choose to stay in the smaller servers despite this huge bandwagon, probably also prefer the small-town feeling. Forcing us all into one mega-server would make us quite unhappy.

I agree that the smaller servers are probably getting too small to be viable, so a merge/alliance/join of the three existing alliances is in order.
    I am having a hard time deciding whether Windia should be included with them. I hear some cries of "Windia is dead" but I can't tell whether that's an over-reaction or not. I'm going to have to trust Nexon's data team on that.

One thing I would like to ask, @Arwoo: Please make sure that whatever merge method is selected, it is not as painful as what happened to EMS. I don't want to lose guild, alliance, buddies, or marriages, for something that I didn't choose (unlike people who elected to Leap, knowing what they'd lose). Also be careful of excess characters, storage spaces, and cash storage, and keep in mind inactive accounts unable to respond to a "clean up your account by X date or we'll do it for you" ultimatum.
    Thank you for your consideration.
    emperor52SesomSlayerCaughtByLoveDividedFlowMageOfBattlesSherri
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited September 2017
    Zouyiro wrote: »

Atleast GRAZED, MYBKCN & Broa/Khaini into one World.

I agree. Merging Grazed, Mybckn and Khroa seems like the most logical thing to do right now. Judging by the server selection screen they all have a similar size community (which isn't much) and would benefit the most from merging together.

• F1NS1NF1NS1N
    Reactions: 700
    edited September 2017
    I would be interested to see distribution of players after the World Leap Event. My guess is that only Scania and Bera have enough players to stay alone.

Probably Windia will be too weak too. So atleast Khroa + Windia and GRAZED + MYBKCN should be merged together. In case of ultimate merge there would be just 3 worlds left: Scania, Bera and Khroa+Windia+GRAZED+MYBKCN as merged.

I don't think that merging all worlds together would work currenlty, there would be too much players.

We have to wait until World Leap Event is over and see the final distribution of players...

E: Of course this all would be kind of unfair for people who currently leaped to Bera for more active community (they lost some progress)
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited September 2017
    Well In the space of when I logged on at the end of Wonderoid event to now the Broa FM has dropped from filling 1-8 FMS down to filling only 1-1.5 and more active economists are leaping by the day.... that's if you're keeping note now.

Windia was my first world but after making a new character on Broa during the first pie vs cake (omg i so want those medals back so i can at least anvil one) I've loved this world and will always remain on it but it worries me that such a noticeable decrease in population from this old world won't force any sort of urgency on Nexon's end, even at the moment when it's so noticeable. I worry because, if history is to tell us anything, dead worlds and community complaints about dead worlds fall onto deaf ears, well it did in the past. If you remember before the last world merge Renegades, for example, sat dead for so long (not even a full fm1 for at least 16 months) and there was a few worlds like them and even after players were constantly vocal about needing help Nexon didn't react with any urgency.

So I worry after the transfer event nothing will be done for a very long time which is a shame because the main reason why players are remaining on the dying/dead worlds is because of friends.
  • TheHunieTheHunie
    Reactions: 365
    edited September 2017
    windia is as bad as they say it is. We used to have fm 1-7 full with partial fm 8 and a few stores in fm 13 and a full guild occupying fm 18. Now we have fm 1-4 with small number of scattered shops in fm 5/6/7. The event isn't even over. People obviously take note that the world is dying and will leave at the last minute. I'd like to have some faith in nexon having the common sense to merge after this event. Even a 12 year old can see the obvious outcome of this event. The best solution from the start would have just been to leave the big worlds alone, merge the smaller worlds, and then offer a ticket that cost nx to move characters to any world so only a small handful would move. As things stand now, this event has caused large guilds to disband and leaves harder choices for the remaining guild leaders who have put years into building the top ranked guilds. Hard work and dedication yet thwarted again by silly plans implemented by nexon. How about some good old fashion democracy before implementing major changes that nobody specifically asked for? I feel like nexon is running a dictatorship and we are all stuck in the great depression, migrating like birds to where food is bountiful and leaving barren lands behind.

#rant
    #rave
    #great depression
    JicuXenondogySherri
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    I feel like people measuring world activeness by FM is too inaccurate now that AH is in the game
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited September 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    I feel like people measuring world activeness by FM is too inaccurate now that AH is in the game

I thought that could be the case too but I also thought "AH has been around long enough for the FM to have settled into it's routine" and for my world, Broa, it had, we had dedicated guilds flooding FM and a solid AH. It was ok before the whole instability mess we had before the transfers but once transfer hit having a sudden drop from 1-7 to not even a full fm 2 is some indicator of the hit we took.
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited September 2017
    Khongi wrote: »

I thought that could be the case too but I also thought "AH has been around long enough for the FM to have settled into it's routine" and for my world, Broa, it had, we had dedicated guilds flooding FM and a solid AH. It was ok before the whole instability mess we had before the transfers but once transfer hit having a sudden drop from 1-7 to not even a full fm 2 is some indicator of the hit we took.

Both AH and FM is a completely unreliable way to judge world activeness.

Let's face it: the people who use FM and AH heavily are the people who don't care about playing. They just go wherever the money is. Of course all of them are going to move into the largest servers, because that's where all of the customers are. Let's not even mention that the hackers/botters are doing the same thing, since all they care about is either money or popularity, and they can't get either on smaller servers.

There isn't currently a good way of tracking the truly "most active" server, unless someone finds a way to track the number of players who aren't spending the majority of time sitting in a single map/a couple maps, which no one would go to the trouble of. It could be that Bera has 5K players who are sitting in Henesys or FM channels and 500 players who are training, PQing, questing, etc, and MYBCKN has 100 people sitting in Henesys or FM channels and 700 players who are training, etc. We really won't ever know.

For me, though... I'd take a server with low amounts of hackers, botters, money-chasers, and jerks ANY day. Khroa will be my home forever.
    DividedFlowKhongiSherri
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited September 2017
    AK712 wrote: »
    Khongi wrote: »

Both AH and FM is a completely unreliable way to judge world activeness.

Let's face it: the people who use FM and AH heavily are the people who don't care about playing. They just go wherever the money is. Of course all of them are going to move into the largest servers, because that's where all of the customers are. Let's not even mention that the hackers/botters are doing the same thing, since all they care about is either money or popularity, and they can't get either on smaller servers.

There isn't currently a good way of tracking the truly "most active" server, unless someone finds a way to track the number of players who aren't spending the majority of time sitting in a single map/a couple maps, which no one would go to the trouble of. It could be that Bera has 5K players who are sitting in Henesys or FM channels and 500 players who are training, PQing, questing, etc, and MYBCKN has 100 people sitting in Henesys or FM channels and 700 players who are training, etc. We really won't ever know.

For me, though... I'd take a server with low amounts of hackers, botters, money-chasers, and jerks ANY day. Khroa will be my home forever.

It's easy not to care about mesos until you're level 204 and you haven't been to a new area in ages and you just want to see what's next but you need to be level 210 which takes forever meanwhile you need to up your arcane power so you can kill things in next area and then you need fafnir to take on the harder bosses because you want to see them and no one will party with you so you have to solo everything so then you become obsessed with your range so you stand a chance and then you realize you have lost control of your life but you figure might as well see where this crazy train is going but grinding mesos the old fashioned way takes an eternity so you use AH to get the mesos you need to make any progress and it works at first but lo and behold your world dies so now you have to move to another world if you ever hope to get enough mesos all the while wondering if there is a better way but not ever finding one.
    DividedFlowSherri
  • DilbertDilbert
    Reactions: 510
    edited September 2017
    Please do not leave Windia out of consideration for a merge.