[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Moon Festival Drop Rate

RecruteDWRecruteDW
Reactions: 300
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Does anyone else feel the Moon Festival quest item drop rate incredible low or it is just me??
I did VJ and one commerici with spider and 40% drop gear, therefor 27 box???

so basically we need 5x50 box per day, presumably need 4 hour to complete all?
that is... unbelievable
  1. I fell Moon Festival Drop Rate30 votes
    1. Reasonable
       3% (1 vote)
    2. Low
       97% (29 votes)

Comments

• ReymuuReymuu
    Reactions: 420
    edited September 2017
    Thanks again Nexon for effing up another event. Bravo, well played sir.
    Such stupid rates, guess even getting 5 coin a day will be a massive chore like the rest of maple is. To make it even better, thanks Nexon for destroying drop rate :^) you've done it again. Well played sir, well played. I now dub you Beyond the Moon retarded Nexon.

BTW I did VJ + 5 Herb Town Commerci runs with spider and pre-nerf 200%+ drop rate. got 39 boxes in total. didn't even manage getting that juicy 5 coins, that you can use to buy nothing special/useful/good in the shop.
  • RecruteDWRecruteDW
    edited September 2017
    Reymuu wrote: »
    BTW I did VJ + 5 Herb Town Commerci runs with spider and pre-nerf 200%+ drop rate. got 39 boxes in total. didn't even manage getting that juicy 5 coins, that you can use to buy nothing special/useful/good in the shop.
    This drop rate gives me no incentive to do this event, given there is nothing useful in the shop.. probably except damage skin box?

• PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited September 2017
    I really want to get character expansion slot coupon to play more different characters, but those are too damn expensive (200 coins I think). I don't want to spend NX to pay for them, so events are the only way for me to get them, but it takes so long to to complete the requirements for these events and I don't have that much time to play MS. Wish they would either increase the drop rate for coins or lower the coin price for items ;(
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited September 2017
    It is faaaaar too low. It takes hours to get the beef. HOURS!!!
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    and we're getting so few coins over the course of the entire event, too
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited September 2017
    "The beef is so rare it's eating the salad!" ~Chef Ritzsy

All joking aside, I've forwarded the low drop rate issue onward for investigating.
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited September 2017
    Nexon screwed over the drop rate for quest items and special items from Arcane River like Node stones and Arcane symbols by reducing the drop rate of those items and how drop gear affects them.
    Since these boxes count as quest items....

• jiangzbjiangzb
    edited September 2017
    Yesterday, i 4 hour to completed 5x50 box per
    Nexon screwed over the drop rate for quest items and special items from Arcane River like Node stones and Arcane symbols by reducing the drop rate of those items and how drop gear affects them.
    Since these boxes count as quest items....

I'm play the game five day. when i was Lv.113 , I took 4 hour to complete the 100 coin. and my rank arrived Lv.133 . dorp rate is so bed ,anywhere.
  • TylxTylx
    edited September 2017
    The meat takes really long to gather (5 x 50 = 250 meat), many hours.

However, after that it gets even worse: the fruit requires 100 per run (for all 5 that means 500 fruit) and you get an xp card... that will expire at the end of the day.
    I never got to the rice part.

So yes, please please please increase the droprate of this event!
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited September 2017
    Yeah it's extremely tedious. The most I can be bothered with is to do the meat part of the quest, for the coins. Exp coupons and mesos would be nice but it's not worth spending so many hours just to complete it.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited September 2017
    Wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't brought that drop rate nerf over :/. They lowered the drop rate on quest related items and event in the process making everything far more tedious.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited September 2017
    I no-lifed it yesterday since I was free. Took me 8 hours, no joke. And that was excluding all the breaks I took to open ingredient boxes and do the absolute taste thing.

The beef has the lowest drop rate. It's easier when you get to the fruit. Even easier when you get to the rice I think, since that only asks for 10 items x5 and the drop rate on that is way nicer.

I don't think I'll be participating in this though. I just do not have this much free time.
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited October 2017
    Yeah it's so low.

I stacked all possible, currently available, means to boost drop rates and not only did I not get the 5x50 from doing 5x invasions (normally the best place to farm these quick) but it took a further 2hours to finish. That's so low, especially since nothing is BiS in the shop, feels so punishing that it's put me off this event.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Khongi wrote: »
    Yeah it's so low.

I stacked all possible, currently available, means to boost drop rates and not only did I not get the 5x50 from doing 5x invasions (normally the best place to farm these quick) but it took a further 2hours to finish. That's so low, especially since nothing is BiS in the shop, feels so punishing that it's put me off this event.

That sounds odd.
    2x coupon plus (real) HS got me 50 meat packs per DIPQ run pretty reliably. The few times I ended up with less than 50 (bad luck and boss bonus stage) I could top up to 50 with a Commerci run, so I would not waste another DIPQ entry just for ~5 meat packs.

I do agree the base drop rate is way too low, and doing all 15 quests per day is absurd.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2017
    Wouldn't mind the awful droprate if you can do them all at the same time.
  • DominikosDominikos
    Reactions: 625
    edited October 2017
    welcome to the new formula?