[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Transfer and Wedding/Friendship rings

CaelesteCaeleste
Reactions: 530
edited October 2017 in General Chat
Just a quick thread wondering why there can't be an option to world transfer with your wedding / friendship ring if both you and your partner are transferring together? I've been married in-game to my partner since 2009 and we also both have permanent snow-dome friendship rings. Now, due to us wanting to play with friends in Bera (because lets face it, 70-80% of Khaini's population has disappeared), we have to delete both of these items which not only hold sentimental value, but in the case of the friendship ring, can't even be replaced (Cash Shop only sells 90 day duration ones).

On another note, why did Nexon decide to remove the couple's heart effects from the wedding rings? I stupidly paid for those commitment ceremony things when they came out hoping the "ring upgrade" was going to get the effect back but that obviously wasn't the case.

Question / Rant over,

Caeleste

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2017
    The article lists this information
    Crush Rings and Friendship Rings must be deleted before transferring. Talk to the Mover NPC and select the 'Delete Crush Ring and Friendship Ring' option to delete the items.

Not exactly sure about the technical details why it's not possible at the moment to move with these items.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    The article lists this information
    Crush Rings and Friendship Rings must be deleted before transferring. Talk to the Mover NPC and select the 'Delete Crush Ring and Friendship Ring' option to delete the items.

Not exactly sure about the technical details why it's not possible at the moment to move with these items.

It's because the system is built to move single characters, without relying on any other characters moving with them.
    That's why you have to leave your guild, even if you all leap, and why you lose your storage, even if you move all your chars. And yes, have to dissolve your marriage and delete all couple/crush/friendship items even if your partner is leaping too.

Making the system support multi-character leaping would be exponentially more complicated (and bug prone).

InvulgoCatooolooo
  • DominikosDominikos
    Reactions: 625
    edited October 2017
    No ty nexon, i have perm crush rings and 34 married chars, and there´s no more events with perm crush rings anymore of em, like 2 years... sooo no ty
    Traveler5577