[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World transfer made me vomit

JumballiJumballi
Reactions: 695
edited September 2017 in Rants and Raves
Strictly speaking, I was not prepared to transfer worlds, but when my guild decided to go, I had to follow.

Now I don't play MapleStory for the bosses or the grind, I play it to dress up. And as such, on my only main, I had an exuberant amount of cash items. And since I don't need a different class to dress up, I never made classes to pass my equips to. So to fill my entire inventory up, I had to drop my equips, I had to drop medals, I had to drop items from completing old quests/events. And every moment was sickening. When I finished triple checking, I got up and threw up before I clicked the transfer button. The stress of not heing able to transfer everything, be it money spent on it or earned via hard work, was too much. Even now, when I look at the game, I start to feel nauseous from this egregious moment.

The worst part of this all is that none of it was forced onto me. I didn't have to neuter my characters, but I did because I had to. I had to personally volunteer to kill my own creation, my hard work and years of dedication, because I had no choice. I don't know if I can look forward to bera as hope when it's given me this trouble. And when I look back, I'll see this terrible moment for when it happened.
krskLilyflower

Comments

• NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited September 2017
    Jumballi wrote: »
    Strictly speaking, I was not prepared to transfer worlds, but when my guild decided to go, I had to follow.

Now I don't play MapleStory for the bosses or the grind, I play it to dress up.

Uh, that seems like an exorbitant waste of money, dude. If you just want to play a game where you can dress your character up, maybe buy a game specifically about fashion stuff rather than spending hundreds of dollars on cosmetics in an mmo. The Style Savvy franchise would be your best friend, bruh.
    Sherri
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2017

Uh, that seems like an exorbitant waste of money, dude. If you just want to play a game where you can dress your character up, maybe buy a game specifically about fashion stuff rather than spending hundreds of dollars on cosmetics in an mmo. The Style Savvy franchise would be your best friend, bruh.

I don't think that's fair to say. Objectively speaking, he needed to move worlds (depending on where he was originally). This is supposed to be a MMORPG. You can't have a MMORPG experience if there are practically no people on your server. Maybe to Jumballi, their MMORPG experience in MapleStory is enhanced by the fact that they can dress up and show off their outfits to other Maplers. Maybe everyone jumped ship to go to Bera. Now their experience has been ruined, and they have a decision to make. Give up some stuff to continue to enjoy this game on same level? Live a miserable and lonely life on the server I'm already on.
    MageOfBattleskrskLilyflowerSherriPirateIzzy
  • CosmeticsCosmetics
    Reactions: 590
    edited September 2017

Since he was playing a regular server, he could have purchased many perm NX items from the FM instead of having to buy NX for them.
    And spending NX for the packages that come out here and there isn't a bad thing - if this game only had cosmetics available for cash a lot of players would have much fewer issues with how the game has been handled. Many other successful F2P games use the same model.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Cosmetics wrote: »

Since he was playing a regular server, he could have purchased many perm NX items from the FM instead of having to buy NX for them.
    And spending NX for the packages that come out here and there isn't a bad thing - if this game only had cosmetics available for cash a lot of players would have much fewer issues with how the game has been handled. Many other successful F2P games use the same model.

Yeah, a lot of people would be happier if it was just cosmetics. Even better if most of the outfits didn't disappear after a few months. Anyway, Jumballi, couldn't you have created a mule to help carry your stuff over? Leveling a character to lv 33 doesn't take long, I had to do it many times during my own exodus to bera, only takes an hour or so. Sorry about your loss, at any rate though.
  • JumballiJumballi
    edited October 2017
    ..couldn't you have created a mule to help carry your stuff over?
    No, you'd have to have made the character before the 20th
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017

Oh, right. Welp, there goes that idea. I had a ton of characters beforehand so I never ran into that problem. What about inventory slots? Did you already max 'em out?
  • JumballiJumballi
    edited October 2017

Oh, right. Welp, there goes that idea. I had a ton of characters beforehand so I never ran into that problem. What about inventory slots? Did you already max 'em out?

I had maxed all my slots.
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    KThxBaiNao wrote: »

I don't think that's fair to say. Objectively speaking, he needed to move worlds (depending on where he was originally). This is supposed to be a MMORPG. You can't have a MMORPG experience if there are practically no people on your server. Maybe to Jumballi, their MMORPG experience in MapleStory is enhanced by the fact that they can dress up and show off their outfits to other Maplers. Maybe everyone jumped ship to go to Bera. Now their experience has been ruined, and they have a decision to make. Give up some stuff to continue to enjoy this game on same level? Live a miserable and lonely life on the server I'm already on.

This is so on point. ^ The game has to quite a few people turned into a chat room with dress up avatars. Objectively, the only other stuff to do on maple has become pretty repetitive. Events tend to toggle between being underwhelming overall, or the same event rehashed every year with the same low grade prizes.. You can't really stand out being a casual player without being a collector of all things cash shop related, and after building up a grand collection (which is time and cost intensive) to have to give that up because you ultimately had little choice but to leave with what you could grab or sit alone with your things, sucks.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    You had to follow? lol please
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited November 2017
    If you play for dress up, you could've just left the guild and stayed, and get into a different guild.
  • PiePieGirlPiePieGirl
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2017

Now I don't play MapleStory for the bosses or the grind, I play it to dress up. And as such, on my only main, I had an exuberant amount of cash items. And since I don't need a different class to dress up, I never made classes to pass my equips to. So to fill my entire inventory up, I had to drop my equips, I had to drop medals, I had to drop items from completing old quests/events. And every moment was sickening. When I finished triple checking, I got up and threw up before I clicked the transfer button. The stress of not heing able to transfer everything, be it money spent on it or earned via hard work, was too much. Even now, when I look at the game, I start to feel nauseous from this egregious moment.

The worst part of this all is that none of it was forced onto me. I didn't have to neuter my characters, but I did because I had to. I had to personally volunteer to kill my own creation, my hard work and years of dedication, because I had no choice. I don't know if I can look forward to bera as hope when it's given me this trouble. And when I look back, I'll see this terrible moment for when it happened.

Yikes.. I know how you feel, but this was on a MUCH smaller scale. I had a level 120(?) character, and decided Khaini was lonely, so I decided to just move to Bera, no world transfer. To be honest, I am glad I did that. Khaini was extremely lonely, and all I'd do is just level up, try to make friends, but whoever was online were usually afk.

What I'm saying it, I think it was worth it, despite having to lose a character that I thought at the time was quite the high level. Just remember, it's okay. We have to face hard decisions, even if it's just in a game.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited November 2017

I bet my adamantium heart that you play on scania/bera. Either that or Reboot.
    Yes, the majority of people HAD to move. When you see one-two persons in ch1 henesys/leafre at any given time, AH/FM empty, you don't have a choice.
    Personally i don't play on NA servers but if i was, i'd have done the same thing. Especially when your friends/guild move. You hypocrite. Makes me sick when i see ppl like you.
    I don't even understand why there are 20 fkin' worlds in NA. Look at EU. One world united. As NA should be.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »

I bet my adamantium heart that you play on scania/bera. Either that or Reboot.
    Yes, the majority of people HAD to move. When you see one-two persons in ch1 henesys/leafre at any given time, AH/FM empty, you don't have a choice.
    Personally i don't play on NA servers but if i was, i'd have done the same thing. Especially when your friends/guild move. You hypocrite. Makes me sick when i see ppl like you.
    I don't even understand why there are 20 fkin' worlds in NA. Look at EU. One world united. As NA should be.

I play mainly in GRAZED (El Nido) I am 3rd on Legion in El Nido, I play a little bit in Reboot/Luna for fun.Although whenever I log in Reboot my whole buddy list is offline almost all the time so it's the same feeling I get while playing in GRAZED most of the time. No one had to move anywhere. It wasn't a FORCED change. If you moved you made the CHOICE of moving. Just because the population is low nothing forced you, you chose to move .

My friends/guild mostly quit the game already but if they left the world I would stay 100% for the friends I would always have in GRAZED. It doesn't matter to me as MapleStory feels like a single player game even in Reboot when you are in a huge alliance. The chat was super quiet it was ridiculous. So why would I move to another world for the same experience? where I would lose progress on things like my legion board? no thanks.

I didn't world change so how the hell am I a hypocrite?

You are ignorant to . NA doesn't exactly even have close to 20 worlds you do realize that most of them are world allianced?

Unless Nexon changes Bera will die out to so what the hell does it even matter moving worlds? News flash it doesn't, all world populations are in decline and will keep declining if things continue down this path. Especially if they implement the boss changes exactly how they are in KMS which is highly likely
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited November 2017
    I reside in Nova/Bellocan Alliance. I've been a Bello since the beginning of time.(11yrs playing)

I'm creating a NHL Guild which would be extremely fun once my Nova Classes are up to a certain point.
    I also keep a log for each individual class so i don't get bored.
    Find my fan page on Facebook which I update periodically.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Eh.. sorry, I can't feel sympathy. :/
    I'm on Zenith and will probably be on Zenith forever.
    Plus I'm thinking of making a Reboot character.
    That is where everybody is now.
  • LittleFeetsLittleFeets
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2017
    It is a shame. I was an EMS original and I missed the transfer so everything and everyone for me was lost. At first I was angry because of the time put in and memories on my main but let’s face it it was never going to be the same. I enjoyed playing back in the day and I’ve drawn a line under it. I’m back for nostalgia and to have fun that’s all.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited November 2017
    I suggest you make some moving mules incase you still have CashShop items you had to leave behind. You might still have things there waiting for a same group character. This way if you there are things you left behind you could in a future World Leap get them over.
    Not sure it that will work or if you even had stuff left.