[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

lets all say here what we want to see in GMS

KurollKuroll
Reactions: 1,185
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello, i see many posts of nice stuff that people wants to see in GMS but some people only give a short idea but do not explain them selves enough or suggest ways to make the suggestion happen . so i think it could be nice if we all say in 1 place the things that we want to see and improve in GMS
and we will try provide enough details of what we are asking for and why it will do good to GMS .

for example : i think the drop rate of Nodestone is way too low and its almost impossible for legit players to farm for their 5th job skills
i understand that the issue for nexon might be that if they increase the drop rate the ones to benefit most from this would be hackers.
so my suggestion is .. make 2 completely different items with different drop rate . the first item would be Nodestone the one that we already have and know and keep its drop rate exatly the same as it is. and make a second item Untradeable Nodestone which would be untradeable and would have a far better drop rate .
so hackers couldnt abuse the increase in drop rate but legit players could still farm for Untradeable Nodestones to get their skills.
now hackers could still destroy these shards to carft nodestones . the solution to that is making Nodeston carfted at NPC by using shard an Untradeable Nodestone.

second suggestion. : i think nexon Gms really do care and really do wish to help players most of the time. but it seems that only nexon team memebers has the ability to decide things or really do something. while gms in the support and online chat which are the ones who have interaction with players have no power at all and are there only
as guiders and asist in small matters. this many times result in bad name and negative opinion about nexon support. my suggestion is
keep 1 team member or make superior GM atleast 1 at a shift that if a GM truly believes a player has to be asisted quickly he could call or add to the chat the superior member who has more power.

another suggestion is.. : listen to us players ! Nexon you really need to understand that most players really like the game and want the best for the game.
we want to see a better maple just as you do. if players are making suggestions try look into it abit more.. and look at things from our point of view .
you need to understand that Korea has different manages and they live differently and play games in a whole different way.
just copy the game from Korea wont work anymore at this year in this area. you will need to be more open to small changes based on what your players prefer.
its okay to copy some basic stuff but you cant just copy everything. some players are having some wonderful suggestions and ideas of how to improve the game.
please dont blocked minded.. it is possible to change things .. for example i would love to see Party zones back.. like old Lion castle and have benefit in playing as party
here in GMS many of us dont want solo game we want community actions we want to play with friends but you make the game in a way that playing with friends in party is losing.. it could be nice to see a drop rate and exp bonus increased while in party bonus drop rate for each party member in the map.
you could also increase the HP of the monsters per party member in the map . so basically only people with gears would want to play in party for the increased drop rate
while hackers and bots wont risk losing good items for using hacks in party . and without gears it wont be worth it.
because even tho the drop rate would be very good in party the monsters HP would be much higher in party !

now guys please think of many suggestions and stuff you want to see in GMS share with us and lets make Nexon Notice us and maybe they would listen !

Comments

• MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I also agree with increasing the droprate for nodestones. I know the base rate was increased and all, but it's still too low as is.

Other things I would like to see:
    • Bpot cubes being buyable with reward points (So players who don't want to spend a lot of money aren't stuck with forever having crappy potentials)
    • More party quests that actually have good rewards (like more exp than if you grinded alone, good equips, nodes, etc.)
    Kuroll
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited October 2017
    Why don't Nexon's programmers think a bit?

Lets just say you make the drop rate like 1% for the firsts 2 hours you stay online, then 0,5% for the next 2 hours.. and after that 0,00001% drop rate for the rest of the day until reset. (percentages are just an example to illustrate the solution)

That will totally destroy botters from botting 24/7 and encourage LEGIT people to actually play, hunt and farm items for a couple of hours.

IS THAT FAWKING EASY! :|
  • KurollKuroll
    edited October 2017
    i think. most of the damage to servers is due to hackers and bots and duplicating items. people dont feel safe to spend real money anymore.
    or waste time .. even phone verify could help.. in making account..
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Something needs to be done about the botters. They hog entire maps. It's getting seriously old.
  • KurollKuroll
    edited October 2017
    Something needs to be done about the botters. They hog entire maps. It's getting seriously old.

a friend of mine suggested a phone verfity when creating accounts. and a phone number who has been banned can not create a new account. so instead of IP ban it will be phone number ban . i think it could work.
  • JumballiJumballi
    Reactions: 695
    edited October 2017
    Bonus Potentials are still a pay to win system. Please make is so we can earn them, like cubes that we can craft and drop from bosses + reward shop. doesn't even need to be big, something small could add up and really help the F2P base.
    KurollSlicedTimeSunsetChaos
  • KurollKuroll
    edited October 2017
    Jumballi wrote: »
    Bonus Potentials are still a pay to win system. Please make is so we can earn them, like cubes that we can craft and drop from bosses + reward shop. doesn't even need to be big, something small could add up and really help the F2P base.

i like your suggestion, but please just so we can make it very detailed and to get nexon to listen could you please add more details about your suggestion?
    perhaps ideas of how and where to add it and why/how it will help and improve play style. thank you
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Kuroll wrote: »
    Jumballi wrote: »

i like your suggestion, but please just so we can make it very detailed and to get nexon to listen could you please add more details about your suggestion?
    perhaps ideas of how and where to add it and why/how it will help and improve play style. thank you

From firsthand experience, it's best to not get *too* specific. You can give details, just don't make it too detailed
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    edited October 2017
    Make untradable items share-able in account by using the "Sharing Tag".
    Kuroll
  • KurollKuroll
    edited October 2017
    Make untradable items share-able in account by using the "Sharing Tag".

this one i would love to see too !
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2017
    Zouyiro wrote: »
    Why don't Nexon's programmers think a bit?

Lets just say you make the drop rate like 1% for the firsts 2 hours you stay online, then 0,5% for the next 2 hours.. and after that 0,00001% drop rate for the rest of the day until reset. (percentages are just an example to illustrate the solution)

That will totally destroy botters from botting 24/7 and encourage LEGIT people to actually play, hunt and farm items for a couple of hours.

IS THAT FAWKING EASY! :|

2x events where people actually use all 3 times it's up per day.
  • luckyscarykittyluckyscarykitty
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2017
    Bring back pvp. Most gamer these days don't just want an adventure, they want the chance to beat up some loudmouth. League of legends, Dota, call of duty, destiny, battlefield, etc. Bring a new version of pvp back and find a way to balance it around class skills not equipment. 1v1, 3v3, 6v6, and free-for-all are my suggestions. Rewards can be equipment, special medals, and have a system for pvp points to show which guild has the best/most active pvp players. The entrance can be in star planet. Bring it back with even more games than before.

Nerf bosses so that more players can do them. Before the damage cap was raised from 999k, it used to be that nobody needed to cap to complete bosses. There was a time that 250k damage was considered pretty darn good and a team full of players like that could take down any boss at the time. Capping was a luxury that simply made bossing easier. Nowadays you have to do beyond even the now-outdated 50m cap to have a chance at some of the more recent bosses. Find a way to nerf bosses so that top-end players feel rewarded for their efforts, as opposed to it feeling like a necessity, while your average player feels like they at least have a shot if they can gather enough people.

Increase the cube drop rate. There are so many potential lines that finding an odd cube here or there does nothing for the average player. Yes, the game is free-to-play, but it would feel a lot better for some players if it were just as possible to become OP by grinding cubes than buying them. I'm not saying they should be common drops or anything, but if a player could find a cube maybe once every 200 or 300 monsters plus getting guaranteed cubes from certain bosses it would go a long way.

Increase the nebulite box rate drop by a lot. When boxes first came out they dropped like candy, now they hardly drop at all. Make them an uncommon drop.

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head. I know these aren't easy to implement, but I would love it if these were at least considered.
    Kuroll
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited October 2017
    As a Luna player, I'd like if GMS implemented flames. In my opinion, the flame system is a lot less pay-to-win -esque, and it also makes loot a lot more interesting.
    GoldAdventurer
  • KurollKuroll
    edited October 2017
    keep it up guys. once we have gathered enough feedbacks and suggestions ill try write ticket to nexon and make them look at this post and ask them to answer . so that we will have most of our suggestions in 1 place. lets also bring up merge subject here. any opinions ?
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Um... that's not what the tickets are for. They're more for help with bugs or being wrongfully banned. Not for suggestions, sure you can ask them other questions there or in live support, but there's no option for suggestions.
  • KurollKuroll
    edited October 2017
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    Um... that's not what the tickets are for. They're more for help with bugs or being wrongfully banned. Not for suggestions, sure you can ask them other questions there or in live support, but there's no option for suggestions.

i can manage nexon. and when you report a bug do they help in ticket?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited October 2017
    Pipe Dreams: The Thread 2: The Suggestioning
    MageOfBattles
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited October 2017
    1. I really like their weekly Sunday spell trace fever time in KMS, instead of having in once a month or something like in GMS.
    2. Not NA Nexon's fault, but I really love how KMS maplers sell equips below lv100 on Auction by HUGE quantities. A lot of them with good ~% Potential lines. Wish many NA maplers do the same as well
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Pigaba wrote: »
    1. I really like their weekly Sunday spell trace fever time in KMS, instead of having in once a month or something like in GMS.
    2. Not NA Nexon's fault, but I really love how KMS maplers sell equips below lv100 on Auction by HUGE quantities. A lot of them with good ~% Potential lines. Wish many NA maplers do the same as well

The reason for this is that mesos are actually scarce in kms. If you cube low level gear it won't cost anything.

You can then transfer hammer those items up to a high level one. You can only maintain epic but it's still nice.
  • facefacefaceface
    Reactions: 600
    edited October 2017
    Kuroll wrote: »
    here in GMS many of us dont want solo game we want community actions we want to play with friends but you make the game in a way that playing with friends in party is losing..

That's a laughable thing to even consider when idiotic nexon got greedy and went everything past v83. The only time u can prob find team is maybe reboot. You're either a pleb that doesn't do damage and needs a team, or ur a hacker that becomes godly, cuz any1 who got lives, really don't got the time to farm at a rate of 10m an hour before u get ur meso gear, that cost on avg 5b + a few more for inner depending on ur luck.