[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

World transfer disaster. Huge screw up by Nexon.

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Seems like the wrong thread arwoo. We're talking about how the transfers destroyed our worlds and here you are talking about letting more people leave.

Sure the bugs should be sorted out for those people but it seems like the wrong thread.
    MageOfBattlesSlayerJ
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Seems like the wrong thread arwoo. We're talking about how the transfers destroyed our worlds and here you are talking about letting more people leave.

Sure the bugs should be sorted out for those people but it seems like the wrong thread.

Agreed, this is just making things worse. While I understand the fact that it's only fair if those who weren't able to transfer, are given a chance to, but at the same time it doesn't fix the real issue we're facing here.
    SlayerJ
  • poppinbubblezpoppinbubblez
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited October 2017
    what people dont understand is the reason we left serves like i from s because there was already to few people to really enjoy the mmo aspect of the game, but now i cant transfer at all because there servers wont allow it so im praying i can leave my server that has maybe 30 people total left in it.. been in windia since 2005 its time for me to go..
    edited October 2017
    what people dont understand is the reason we left serves like i from s because there was already to few people to really enjoy the mmo aspect of the game, but now i cant transfer at all because there servers wont allow it so im praying i can leave my server that has maybe 30 people total left in it.. been in windia since 2005 its time for me to go..

Well, I'd assume that would be the main reason for transferring, but that still doesn't change the fact that the other servers can't be left alone as they currently are. Especially seeing as more people are going to be leaving as all this friendship ring and population caps are sorted out. It's fine and dandy that you're leaving, but then what? What happens to the people that stayed behind? This is why we need merges/alliances instead of a transfer. Even if everyone was willing to transfer, there'd be the case of people who are on hiatus, and then there's the major issue of the population caps. Merging/alliances are the only way to fix all this.
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited October 2017

Well, I'd assume that would be the main reason for transferring, but that still doesn't change the fact that the other servers can't be left alone as they currently are. Especially seeing as more people are going to be leaving as all this friendship ring and population caps are sorted out. It's fine and dandy that you're leaving, but then what? What happens to the people that stayed behind? This is why we need merges/alliances instead of a transfer. Even if everyone was willing to transfer, there'd be the case of people who are on hiatus, and then there's the major issue of the population caps. Merging/alliances are the only way to fix all this.

You had a choice. Stay or Leave. If you're now in an empty world, well was your choice... some people like empty worlds~
    edited October 2017
    Zouyiro wrote: »

You had a choice. Stay or Leave. If you're now in an empty world, well was your choice... some people like empty worlds~

Look, I'm just as big a fan of empty worlds as you are, but I can realize that this isn't healthy for Maplestory. The current state of the servers would be bad on any game, not just Maplestory.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

Maybe for you it's easy to abandon your friends but it's not for everyone.
    krskSlayerJTorippi
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited October 2017

For the people that took a break from the game, they never got a choice.

Not everybody was informed of this event and that's a huge flaw considering this event literally KILLED servers.

I don't mind World Leap events but there's always pros and cons to everything.
  • WetAndColdWetAndCold
    Reactions: 865
    edited October 2017

You still had a choice to convince your friend to transfer as well or stay in an empty server. If they choose to stay you have to decide whether you're willing to be in an empty server with them or transfer to a populated one and make new friends. The only people that have the rights to complain are those who weren't informed of the transfer or came back and realize it was over. Everyone else had a choice. Abandoning your friends is a hard choice, but a choice non the less. Even if the worlds were switched to Scania or Windia instead of Bera I would've transfer if I knew Bera was going to end up empty because I'm not going to waste the time and money I spent on this game for "friends" that are too stubborn to realize an empty server is just not fun. You made your choice now live with in.

From what I've seen in world select, even if Nexon do merge all the server except Bera and Scania. It would still be relatively empty.
  • LunasAuraLunasAura
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2017
    whatever the case may be this "transfer event" broke the login aswell, havnt been able to login since the patch, tried clean installs of both the game and launcher, nothing works. and Windia was never really dead, ppl just enjoyed hanging out at commerce and daily stuff.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    WetAndCold wrote: »

You still had a choice to convince your friend to transfer as well or stay in an empty server. If they choose to stay you have to decide whether you're willing to be in an empty server with them or transfer to a populated one and make new friends. The only people that have the rights to complain are those who weren't informed of the transfer or came back and realize it was over. Everyone else had a choice. Abandoning your friends is a hard choice, but a choice non the less. Even if the worlds were switched to Scania or Windia instead of Bera I would've transfer if I knew Bera was going to end up empty because I'm not going to waste the time and money I spent on this game for "friends" that are too stubborn to realize an empty server is just not fun. You made your choice now live with in.

From what I've seen in world select, even if Nexon do merge all the server except Bera and Scania. It would still be relatively empty.

I can't believe people are still bringing up this point as if it's the players fault for not following through. It's not. Plain and simple. We should never have had to make a choice to begin with. The order in which things were done is wrong and this is why the blame falls on Nexon for this disaster. I can only hope they never make such a careless mistake again.

Try having a look at some of the videos made about this topic on youtube and try looking at what some people actually said. There's a large majority of people that never wanted to transfer to Bera to begin with. They don't want to be there, but they feel "forced" because of how things have unfolded. So yeah, I'd say everyone has the right to complain about this issue.

SlayerJ
  • Shades2Shades2
    Reactions: 585
    edited October 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    WetAndCold wrote: »

I can't believe people are still bringing up this point as if it's the players fault for not following through. It's not. Plain and simple. We should never have had to make a choice to begin with. The order in which things were done is wrong and this is why the blame falls on Nexon for this disaster. I can only hope they never make such a careless mistake again.

Try having a look at some of the videos made about this topic on youtube and try looking at what some people actually said. There's a large majority of people that never wanted to transfer to Bera to begin with. They don't want to be there, but they feel "forced" because of how things have unfolded. So yeah, I'd say everyone has the right to complain about this issue.

my god no one was forced to go -.- if they didn't want to go they could of stayed in there server.... this isn't nexons fault everyone decided to go to one world... personally I always wanted to switch to windia but that wasn't a option.. I didn't complain and I went to bera .
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    Shades2 wrote: »
    my god no one was forced to go -.- if they didn't want to go they could of stayed in there server.... this isn't nexons fault everyone decided to go to one world... personally I always wanted to switch to windia but that wasn't a option.. I didn't complain and I went to bera .

Thanks for reading my post.

I said they felt forced to leave. So it's not Nexon's fault how exactly? They could have listened to feedback from people asking for mergers. They had the population data in front of them long before this event even started and they could have done a merger first. No limits were placed on servers allowing people to flood in. All servers were not available to be transferred to. In other words. 1 big fat mess. The only ones that get the blame here are the ones managing this mess.

Anyway I want to get past playing the blame game. We already know who's at fault. I think most users now want to know what is going to be done going forward. I know most of us are expecting mergers so I'm hoping they get the 2 issues they have currently solved so they can focus on a much needed merger.

edited October 2017
    Shades2 wrote: »

I mean, you can say that, but just look at people like WetAndCold who are saying that those who chose to stay don't have a right to complain. Not everyone could get a hold of all of their friends and ask them to move. But that's the issue. If a player is forced to make a choice between a populated server and playing with their friends, something went wrong. Never should a player be forced to make a decision like that. I shouldn't feel pressure/forced to transfer to a world period. If there had been a merge/alliance first, I'm absolutely certain we wouldn't be having this issue right now.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    The problem here is not about which one better, world merge or world leap. It is technical issues that was happening while world leap right? Even doing world merge might have techninal issues. So i think don't mix em up.

If you don't want a dead server and want an active server, you should come to REBOOT server. It is one of the most populated server. Simply because it is free to play. 90% of free-to-play-players are playing there. I am also very happy to play there, coz with effort, i can climb up and be the best. Good thing is, noone with simply just dollars can become the best here. You need effort and time.

Shades2
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited October 2017
    To add on to this conversation,

This event killed servers so Nexon needs to fix it.

Just merge the remaining servers so we can stay populated.

Having dead servers would be bad advertising so it only makes sense to merge them.
  • LuxxLuxx
    Reactions: 1,795
    edited October 2017
    Meh. I blame Maple than I do the Players:
    Maple should of done merges to smaller populations and THEN make a server transfer off to other places.
    Dead places be dead for years, but the excuse of "we need more data" is silly. Naw, you had years to twiddle your thumbs.
    So I don't give them much slack there. You have way too many servers for no reason. Cut off the fat.

As for Players; welp, that's what you get when people become a Hivemind full of Sheep because of that one dude.
    But I don't blame some for moving, because of the lesser population of their world.
    People wanna go where things are poppin', can't blame some, when you're begging for merges for years...
    there's almost no other choice but to jump ship.
    Oh well. Thank God I'm on Soloboot.

edited October 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    The problem here is not about which one better, world merge or world leap. It is technical issues that was happening while world leap right? Even doing world merge might have techninal issues. So i think don't mix em up.

If you don't want a dead server and want an active server, you should come to REBOOT server. It is one of the most populated server. Simply because it is free to play. 90% of free-to-play-players are playing there. I am also very happy to play there, coz with effort, i can climb up and be the best. Good thing is, noone with simply just dollars can become the best here. You need effort and time.

This doesn't solve a single problem. If I, or those who stayed in their server rather than transferring didn't have a problem moving worlds, we wouldn't be here right now. Campaigning for Reboot with everything that's going on is tasteless, and ill fitted for this thread. Also, the problem is so very not about the technical issues, I mean, the title of this thread is "World transfer disaster huge screw up by nexon". If we start making decisions based upon what "technical issues" may arise, we'll get absolutely nowhere. Both world alliances/merges and world transfer events can be very useful if done in the correct order. So no, I don't think I'm mixing up anything.
    Rowland
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited October 2017
    Luxx wrote: »
    welp, that's what you get when people become a Hivemind full of Sheep because of that one dude.
    But I don't blame some for moving, because of the lesser population of their world.
    People wanna go where things are poppin', can't blame some, when you're begging for merges for years...
    there's almost no other choice but to jump ship.
    Oh well. Thank God I'm on Soloboot.

I hope I was not the one dude you were referring to =)?
  • TimmyGMSTimmyGMS
    Reactions: 1,200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    So is Nexon going to do anything about the people that were unable to move their characters to Bera due to the population error on the last day? Arwoo mentioned that it wasn't intentional and because of this, I didn't submit a ticket on the day it occurred because I believed that Nexon would re-open the event shortly after for those who were unable to move. This is extremely unfair.
This discussion has been closed.