[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna Bans

TropismTropism
Reactions: 1,415
edited October 2017 in General Chat
So I'm a kanna, I've heard of bans etc.. I'm not banned yet, but I haven't been training either.

So my question is, should I just give up? I mean when Nexon can't even do their job properly, what is the point in trying to train past 225?
As someone who has spent a lot of money on this game, I'd expect to be able to play my character as intended. What are you doing with yourselves Nexon?
  1. Has your Kanna been banned yet?28 votes
    1. Yes
       18% (5 votes)
    2. No
       82% (23 votes)

Comments

• BigDonutBigDonut
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2017
    I was hoping to start up on Reboot and make characters on Reboot to use their link skills in the future, including Kanna's.

But I've been hearing all this business of Kannas getting banned left and right over and issue with one of her skills. Are the sweeping bans true? I don't want to lose my account over a false positive.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    There's a lot of Kannas perma-banned, it's true.
    No knowing how many of the ones claiming to have done nothing, really did nothing.
    Personally I'd advise working on other link skills for now.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    It would be interesting to know what some of these people were doing before they got banned.
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2017
    Holy Crap.. i must have lucked out like hell then. I just finished getting my Kanna to lvl140 for legion and lvl2 link last friday.
    monkaS af
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Keep in mind a LOT of botters use Kanna, so quite a few of the banned may not be as innocent as they claim. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if innocent players got caught up in it. I have been seeing fewer Kanna botters lately, though. Still a lot of botters, but not as many Kanna botters.
    Tropism
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited October 2017
    Where is the transparency Nexon promised us a while back with that major poll? I ain't see any.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    Where is the transparency Nexon promised us a while back with that major poll? I ain't see any.

Right here:
    WfOzRR1.png?1
    There's not much I can say that has been officially confirmed and hasn't been said already on one platform or another:
    • The bans are being looked into
    • If you or a friend has been falsely banned, you/they should submit a ticket through the official channels and be patient
    PermaTropism
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited October 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

Right here:
    WfOzRR1.png?1
    There's not much I can say that has been officially confirmed and hasn't been said already on one platform or another:
    • If you or a friend has been falsely banned, you/they should submit a ticket through the official channels and be patient

The whole community is in fear.
    We don't know if we should even play on our kanna anymore because of this situation.

PermaTropism
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited October 2017
    I have been on and off my kanna and many in my guild also for the past 2 weeks going from lvl 140-189 using EVERY skill and not once have they or i been kicked for the hack reason or anything like that, so if people are running around saying they are getting banned for doing nothing there is a high HIGH chance they "were" doing something against ToS or hanging around a hacker as they FMA.
    Tropism
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017

Right here:
    WfOzRR1.png?1

Maybe I'm just being weird, but I really wish that Arwoo posted these things on the official forums. I think a lot more people would see his posts, or if he could make posts on multiple platforms that'd be great.
    Retr0_AKradianBasura
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited October 2017
    It could be a consequence of people hacking in the past and getting caught later sort of thing... Honestly I don't really know what to think of the situation, but as AKradian has pointed it, it's probably best to avoid kanna for the time being. I can say that I've been using all my skills on my lvl 220 kanna with no issues so far, but I am trying to play on it significantly less in case there is a false ban wave going around.
    Tropism
  • TropismTropism
    Reactions: 1,415
    edited October 2017
    I haven't been banned yet, and I'm a 225 kanna. I haven't been training though
    edited October 2017
    Well let's see all you need to do to test this theory is make a new account Create a Kanna train it yourself and see if it happens, I'm pretty sure the only ones getting banned are the ones who use a Kanna to Increase the spawn rate for the accounts they bot with.

I hang out on the site where they discuss them using Kanna's to do that, So they can get more monsters to spawn and they're able to farm mesos. A lot of them use stats that increase the meso drop rate and with a Kanna it will Increase the spawn to help make more mesos.

It's possibly something people using Kanna's to bot with are trying to scare people or to try and get there Kanna unbanned.

Yeah, Kanna is popular with botters because of kishin. It's sad, really. Gives poor Kanna a bit of a stigma, along with blaze wizards. Maybe this ban wave will get a few botters to quit for good. Most of them will likely just make new accounts, though.
    Tropism
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    After looking into this a bit more it looks like it might be a mass attempt by hackers/botters trying to get unbanned. I've seen a lot of dodgy stuff from people especially on reboot going on about how they are training with kanna. Like spamming the teleport skill to grind.... Reminds me of how botting Demon slayers used to train and probably still do the same thing.

You also have many people coming out who are still playing Kanna and even attempting to get banned in every way possible and they haven't been able to do it.
    TropismBasura
    edited October 2017
    From what I've heard it's botters getting banned. Could be a few legit players mixed in but kanna is very popular for botting so the majority are likely hackers. It's all speculation at this point, however.
    Tropism
  • LemonPartaeLemonPartae
    Reactions: 860
    edited October 2017
    I have been banned. Hopefully get unbanned before all the events end :>[ so frustrating. I don't deserve this.
  • TheTunaTheTuna
    Reactions: 960
    edited October 2017
    Im scared to play my kanna to mesofarm, im literally poor rn but i cant do much about it
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Guys i have to mention that kanna tends to lag alot or according to other players shiki charm and monkey thingie tend to trigger auto ban.
    But I am pretty sure the lag one could be the cause.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2017
    Chukki wrote: »

Right here:
    WfOzRR1.png?1

The whole community is in fear.
    We don't know if we should even play on our kanna anymore because of this situation.

i have been farming on my kanna on reboot for 3-4hrs for now and i havent gotten banned, i think the people that got banned are just hackers, that want to act as legit ppl tbh.

Other ppl from reddit too left this comments:

Been playing my kanna a lot and now even more cus of that 2k attendance, i know guildies been playing kanna for their MC, we all been okay. Now that there will be a MC filling week im sure kanna will be played a lot so i hope those ban appeals are just hackers. If anything ive NEVER done tele spam, my kanna is 213 and its new to me that people do this to farm at reboot, maybe avoid doing so.

I can farm on my Reboot Kanna just fine, I don't cheat so I don't get banned. I don't personally know anyone that got banned, but I talk to some friends that are at endgame and they farm on Kanna, no bans at all.

We can just assume that the p'l who got banned are all hackers and are being assholes and appealing when they are actually guilty.
  • mrskannaxmrskannax
    Reactions: 740
    edited October 2017

Right here:
    WfOzRR1.png?1

dont even bother to submit a ticket they will just tell u they searched for it and that you do deserve it, at least thats what i got.
    xiDKnight