[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Safe to farm with kanna yet?

EffortlessEffortless
Reactions: 1,580
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in General Chat
Anyone know if it's safe to farm with kanna yet? Seen a bunch of people getting banned on reboot for farming with their kanna, don't' want to risk an 11 year old account.
  1. Safe to farm with Kanna on reboot?46 votes
    1. Yes
       15% (7 votes)
    2. No
       37% (17 votes)
    3. Not sure
       48% (22 votes)

Comments

• ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited October 2017
    Nope!

I’d give it a month or 2 until they release a statement on this.

From what people are saying, it looks impossible to get unbanned so I wouldn’t risk playing a Kanna.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Not sure
    I wouldn't take a risk.
    Just doing bosses is enough for some meso on reboot.

Lets just wait till we get any news.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, I'd strongly advice against playing Kanna until Nexon finally decides to admit something needs fixing.
    People are still getting randomly perma-banned and Nexon's award winning support service keeps flipping people off telling them they deserve it.
    Better play it safe and avoid Kanna for the time being.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Don't. It's not worth the risk.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2017
    At the moment the team is double checking to make sure none of the rules set could conflict with legit players. However I was told that no legit Kanna players have been able to trigger an autoban intentionally. So It's totally up to you guys if you want to believe what other players have been writing online regarding this topic.

Permadarik
  • F1NS1NF1NS1N
    Reactions: 700
    edited October 2017
    Friend got banned when playing on his kanna yesterday. Knowing his computer skills he 100%ly is not hacker. Recommended this job for him earlier since it easy to level up. After the ban found out all these threads...
    edited October 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    At the moment the team is double checking to make sure none of the rules set could conflict with legit players. However I was told that no legit Kanna players have been able to trigger an autoban intentionally. So It's totally up to you guys if you want to believe what other players have been writing online regarding this topic.

So it's mostly botters getting banned then? There WERE a lot of Kanna botters running around before this, so it would make sense. Still, I'm probably going to wait awhile before leveling my Kanna regardless.
  • PermaPerma
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

So it's mostly botters getting banned then? There WERE a lot of Kanna botters running around before this, so it would make sense. Still, I'm probably going to wait awhile before leveling my Kanna regardless.

No, it's legits too. [Removed]
    edited October 2017
    Perma wrote: »

Maybe it's an attempt to get rid of botters gone horribly wrong. Botters use Kanna quite a bit. I hope the legit players get their accounts back. It didn't even get rid of the botters, though, they're just using other classes now. Stuff like this is gonna make more people leave. :(
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017

Not even close. Don't take it out on the volunteers.
  • PermaPerma
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

Considering he had to remove it because it's the harsh truth I'd say it's pretty on point. Sadly, Nexon most likely won't do anything about this unless some high profile people (top players) have their Kannas get hit with it, as that's how it's been in the past with similar issues.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    >:)

I am thinking lag and Kishin Shoukan is the culprit. Like what happened a long time ago with the Bat Swarm skill. Only that was just DC immediately or crash upon usage.

I think if Kannas just use Shikigami Haunting and not Kishin Shoukan, they might be okay. Granted nobody uses Kanna as a regular class (except for me), and only use it to afk kill things but try using Kanna in different ways other then your normal, to try to pin-point what bans it.

ONLY if you are brave to test Kanna's abilities.

I will avoid using any part of my Kanna just in case I am wrong until this gets settled. I hate to see Nexon axe Kanna all together.

>:)
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    2 of my guilds mates have been farming on kanna and getting arond 6 billions past 2 days. No ban whatsoever. Reboot server. RedNightW
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I actually suggest GM/ moderator to use application that can talk face to face regarding ban report. People can make a lot of account, people might lie and hidden under annonymous account. But with app like whatsapp, GM/mod can talk directly face to face via phone to player. At least you know those people who report is legit and not the same person.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017

Considering he had to remove it because it's the harsh truth I'd say it's pretty on point. Sadly, Nexon most likely won't do anything about this unless some high profile people (top players) have their Kannas get hit with it, as that's how it's been in the past with similar issues.

Harsh truth? You really don't understand the issue at hand.

First off you don't know the reason why it was removed. Second, I'm willing to bet 95% of the kanna's banned will have been hackers. The issue with the Kanna banning is that there isn't a way for any of us to know who's hacking and who isn't. Thirdly, because of #2 it makes it very hard for Nexon to find and unban legit players because of the the illegitimates trying to get unbanned. They're already working on it.

I'm not a big fan of Nexon's work, or how they go about things, but I'm even less of a fan of those making gross assumptions.
    Perma
    edited October 2017

First off you don't know the reason why it was removed. Second, I'm willing to bet 95% of the kanna's banned will have been hackers. The issue with the Kanna banning is that there isn't a way for any of us to know who's hacking and who isn't. Thirdly, because of #2 it makes it very hard for Nexon to find and unban legit players because of the the illegitimates trying to get unbanned. They're already working on it.

I'm not a big fan of Nexon's work, or how they go about things, but I'm even less of a fan of those making gross assumptions.

Guess all we can do is wait and see. I hope we hear something soon.
  • asiandude25asiandude25
    Reactions: 325
    edited October 2017
    There is no way to prove what percent of people who get banned by the kanna ban bug is legit. I only know that I got banned and now I am screwed. Sent a ticket and they said for certain that I hacked and that they won't reverse the ban. Thanks nexon
  • asiandude25asiandude25
    Reactions: 325
    edited October 2017
    There is no way to prove what percent of people who get banned by the kanna ban bug is legit. I only know that I got banned and now I am screwed. Sent a ticket and they said for certain that I hacked and that they won't reverse the ban. Thanks nexon
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited October 2017
    There is no way to determine if its safe since we have no direct cause for the trigger. It seems like it isn't affecting every single Kanna but enough of them to be cautious.
  • PermaPerma
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

Lmao sorry for being "2gross5you", talking to people in life can be tough. And a video just surfaced on Reddit of a legit Kanna player playing and getting banned.