[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

5th job/v matrix is horrible

AlbinorockAlbinorock
Reactions: 2,205
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Rants and Raves
First you go through some horrid quests just to get 5th job. Takes 18 hours.
Second, the nameless town quests are disgustingly unfair.
They seal your potion use and they kill you very fast, meaning byebye exp.
Ontop of that, they also make you kill monsters which you do not have enough arcane force to do, (impossible for nonfunded people)
This is just dumb and i do not feel like doing this sh*t
nihiriAcgnolia

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    True
    I quit my bishop a bit because its so hard to kill the monsters there.

I wish they removed the afk mob.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    5th job is fine, V matrix is fine, and the Vanishing Journey mobs have had their HP and AF requirement significantly reduced, since first release. The hours of pointless waiting for 5th job stones have also been shortened, and I think KMS shortened them again.

What is horrible is the anti-AFK mobs. They serve no useful purpose, and make life hell for level 200's who aren't heavily funded. They need to be removed, at least from Vanishing Journey.
    Defencelion
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited September 2017
    +1 anti-AFK mobs should be removed. They are annoying and have no working purpose.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited September 2017
    Albinorock wrote: »
    Ontop of that, they also make you kill monsters which you do not have enough arcane force to do, (impossible for nonfunded people)
    This is just dumb and i do not feel like doing this sh*t[/quote
    Go get Carried by friends and if you don't have any then make one
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Albinorock wrote: »
    This is just dumb and i do not feel like doing this sh*t

Not the best solution, but if you're in a guild/have some higher lvl friends, you can ask them for them help in partying. (Unless they changed the quests from what I remembered). Either that or shout out in forums your world and I'm pretty sure there's at least a handful of ppl willing to jump at the chance to help a fellow Mapler. =L
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    I didn't have any trouble with getting 5th job, but the anti-AFK mobs are definitely annoying. The way they move, it's like they are taunting us.
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I hate those anti-afk mobs, especially when I'm trying to cc into a burning field 'cause I have to rekill them every time I move.
    nihiri
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Agreed. The anti afk mobs are unnecessary, and incredibly annoying. It's frustrating to only take 1 damage from all the other mobs, but like, 5k from the anti afk mobs. I'd hate to be a class with low Hp.
  • BaydenNBaydenN
    Reactions: 660
    edited October 2017
    It's frustrating to only take 1 damage from all the other mobs, but like, 5k from the anti afk mobs. I'd hate to be a class with low Hp.

I believe the damage dealt by the AFK Mobs are % based on your Maximum HP. Do correct me if I'm wrong though.
    But you are right they are a pain in the butt, not so bad at higher levels but mainly the early 200's
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Agreed. The anti afk mobs are unnecessary, and incredibly annoying. It's frustrating to only take 1 damage from all the other mobs, but like, 5k from the anti afk mobs. I'd hate to be a class with low Hp.

They do 10% HP damage.
    However, for chars with not enough Arcane Force to take 1 damage from everything else, the potion lock from the anti-AFK mobs means that the Erdas will kill them quickly.
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

They do 10% HP damage.
    However, for chars with not enough Arcane Force to take 1 damage from everything else, the potion lock from the anti-AFK mobs means that the Erdas will kill them quickly.

Ahh, so that explains why my corsair friend can only take like, 3 hits from them.
  • MorbeelzemMorbeelzem
    Reactions: 750
    edited October 2017
    not optimized enough imo
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited November 2017
    Was really excited for 5th job advancement.
    Very disappointed when it was just a couple more hyper skills.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited November 2017
    It's not even really "job advancement."
    It's more like getting 2 or 3 more hyper skills.
    Everything has cooldown, so it's not even fun to use new skills when doing them every >30 secs.
    How's it called "5th job advancement" when you're pretty much using your 4th job skills as your main skills?
    I'm not asking some broken skills with no cooldown or anything. Just some cool new balanced skills that you can consistently use as main skill, since that's pretty much what job advancement is about.
    TachikawaHiyokonihiri
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    5th job is fine, V matrix is fine, and the Vanishing Journey mobs have had their HP and AF requirement significantly reduced, since first release. The hours of pointless waiting for 5th job stones have also been shortened, and I think KMS shortened them again.

What is horrible is the anti-AFK mobs. They serve no useful purpose, and make life hell for level 200's who aren't heavily funded. They need to be removed, at least from Vanishing Journey.

How can you say 5th job and the V matrix is fine? The game has way to much grind in. Yes it's a grind based game but the whole grinding for nodestones and stuff is way to time consuming. The grind needs to be more manageable especially because of the amount of classes this game has.
    TachikawaHiyoko
    edited November 2017
    LF>Nodestones in Legion shop.
  • EbontribeEbontribe
    Reactions: 425
    edited May 2018
    Pigaba wrote: »
    It's not even really "job advancement."
    It's more like getting 2 or 3 more hyper skills.
    Everything has cooldown, so it's not even fun to use new skills when doing them every >30 secs.
    How's it called "5th job advancement" when you're pretty much using your 4th job skills as your main skills?
    I'm not asking some broken skills with no cooldown or anything. Just some cool new balanced skills that you can consistently use as main skill, since that's pretty much what job advancement is about.

THIS!^^^^

IMO the whole thing is just bad.
    The Hyper skills were bad enough IMO and heres why - almost ALL classes got the SAME hyper skills! they all get 1 buff to dmg and 1 buff to party and 1 active skill and they all come with CD's! even the buff! this equals lame. and more random button mashing across my keyboard for no reason!

and heres why the V Matrix sucks - SAME THING!
    the v skills are passives - which i like - and then new moves! which i do like but i cant stand how they have to have some 2 minute CD too!

like legit 95% of moves in this game - active 60 secs CD 120 Secs......its super duper duper Annoying!!!!

and the reason most of this is even an issue!? well u see most of the classes less shade and zero get legit 5+ buffs pre-hyper then they get a CD buff in hyper x 2 then they get 1 CD Buff in V its just boring as heck and truly feels like lazy development. Not only that but how OP do you feel when you forget to buff and just get 1 hit? Or you need to stop hitting Damien so you can take a breather and hit 8 buttons before you can continue to whoop him across the room! It makes the player feel like their character isnt really getting stronger at all! it makes this game about what buffs do you want. I have also never seen a game with characters that have nearly as many buffs as this game, and i came from WoW. The part that boggles my mind is the community feedback saying things like "shade only has one buff hes really boring." as if thats why Shade is boring Lol! if anything we need classes to have LESS buffs! there is absolutely 0 reason why the Max HP and Max MP buffs are not already a passive for all the classes that get it. Why would one want to just drop 20% max hp/mp cause they werent watching their buff timer? Seems silly to me and i dont get it. if it was put in to keep one interacting instead of just holding down a key i get that but even 5 minutes would be nicer than 2-3. I calculated it and my DS has to rebuff 1500 times just for level 201-202 thats INSANE!! Especially since they have notes in some buffs that even state if you AFK it turns off!

........Just Make Them All Toggles!!!!

The arcane River itself is just a silly place imo! i like the idea i like the theme i do not like how twighlight perion has twice as many mobs that award the same experience basically yet your not really allowed to train there considering it takes 5 hours to find 1 arcane if your lucky and legit like 4 nodestones in this time frame. I do not approve how they made it roughly 10000 enemies to level you from 200-201-202-203....
    especially considering the population of the river is bad and the loot is bad and the odds of getting loot is bad!

I like the story line tho! but i dont think ill be giving Nexon anymore money or even more of my free time considering Reboot is about people making 4000 Legion Levels to Solo Bosses and farming with a 2nd kishin account just to make it not take 5 hours of straight grinding for 1 level 0 arcanes and 2 nodestones.

and to top it off theres even includes the issues with Absolab Sweetwater and Umbra Gear on Reboot - since its basically a game of can u get carried till you can get 4k legion levels and all links so you solo it. Heck Reboot should just be called the 'Get carried' Server. Considering theres a handful of guilds that dont just carry people and actually run bosses weekly.

if it wasnt for the severe lack of Inventory space on non-reboot id just go to Scania buy my sweetwater gear and call it a day, you know like the solo-player experience Reboot was supposed to be before it turned into Legion Links and Carries for 120 CRA gear....

TL;DR:
    Hyper is 2 Buff CDs and an ability CD
    V is Buff CDs an ability CD and passives
    !!!!Make Buffs Toggle Based!!!!

Arcanes are absurd to get in drops and make you feel guilty when not farming AF areas
    Nodestones are a pain cause AF areas
    XP to level blows post 200 and so do mobs
    Reboot is a 'carry me im solo' server
    Non Reboot has a massive inventory issue

• TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited June 2018
    I was very disappointed with the whole way in which the 5th job's been conceived. I was truly expecting something similar to 4th job, with a lot of new skills both passive and active, and getting points to level those skills per level and whatnot. I expected there would be some hardships, like getting the Mastery Books or whatever, but... I struggled to get to level 200 with my Bishop and now I have a very hard time doing quest (I still can't finish the Nameless Town things...) and trying to survive because I'm not an attacker, I'm absolutely non-funded, I don't have high level friends (or friends of any level) to help me train and I was hoping my 5th job skills would be awesome and, in reality, they are not all that great at all (plus, I only have Benediction for now and I just found out that there's only 1 more Bishop-exclusive skill I can get eventually!). :P So, yeah, it feels like... An anti-climax. So much effort to get to level 200 without funds, after so many years, and... Now it' so hard to do anything even in spite of getting the infamous 5th job! :( It's very disappointing.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way, though. It's kind of a relief to find out I'm not. :)
  • nihirinihiri
    Reactions: 850
    edited June 2018
    5th job is okay in my opinion, since it is just my kaiser that is the only lvl 200+. i just hated the tynerum stone prequest. i had to get a friend to kill all the monsters for me since i kept lagging.