[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Battle Mage Paradox

JosrevJosrev
Reactions: 1,425
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello everyone today i'd like to talk to you about Battle Mage, more specifically UNION AURA, something that's been buggin me ever since we got the V patch

What is it? It's the "signature" 5th job skill for BaM. It merges all the 5 auras during a certain time.

union-aura-effect.gif

if you're an old-school player you might remember Union aura was an hyper back when there were only 3 auras
union-aura-effect.gif

Well what i want you to know is that the animation for the current Union aura IS NOT 100% accurate.

you see, we have 5 different colour auras, each provides a different effect.

Blue_Aura.png Blue Aura. Defense

Drain_Aura.png Red Aura. Lifesteal

Dark_Aura.png Dark Aura. Damage

Yellow_Aura.png Yellow Aura. Speed

Debuff_Aura.png Pink aura. Weaken

Now check this skill again. unknown.png

DO YOU SEE ANY GREEN AURA?

BaM doesn't have a "Green Aura". The only instance of having a green aura was in KMST 1.2.477 (4 years ago) . Where the green aura would replace the yellow aura and the red would replace the dark aura

https://youtu.be/Qp4rQxX2GF8?t=6m27s

A test patch that totally changed the BaM playstyle, needless to say this patch NEVER got past the Tespia server because nobody liked it.

TO CONCLUDE, THE UNION AURA GREEN ORB EFFECT SHOULD BE CHANGED TO A MATCHING PINK ORB THAT TOTALLY MATCHES THE BAM AURA LORE.
Sherri

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    I was hoping for a comprehensive suggestion about BaM's. I doubt the reason the green orb is there because of the Tespia BaM revamp. It's most likely just to have a diversity in color, I personally don't mind that it's green. Certainly not enough to change the animation to match the "BaM Aura lore"
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    I was hoping for a comprehensive suggestion about BaM's. I doubt the reason the green orb is there because of the Tespia BaM revamp. It's most likely just to have a diversity in color, I personally don't mind that it's green. Certainly not enough to change the animation to match the "BaM Aura lore"

Yeah, there are more bothersome things that need fixing.
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Well as much as I play Battle Mage now, this animation and aura colours needing to match as never bothered me. Maple as a whole has other bugs and issues to deal with, that hold a lot more priority over matching auras to a skill where you see the animation for like 3 seconds.. :/
  • JosrevJosrev
    Reactions: 1,425
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Well i do agree there are a lot of bugs to fix but that doesn't have anything to do with a simple suggestion, this is not the bug reporting section.
    edited November 2017
    Josrev wrote: »
    Well i do agree there are a lot of bugs to fix but that doesn't have anything to do with a simple suggestion, this is not the bug reporting section.

Well, I agree, but it gets to the point where the suggestion is so trivial almost anything would take priority. In fact, one could summarize this as a matter of preference/opinion rather than it being an actual inconsistency, or something that needs to be fixed.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2017
    Maybe they'll add green aura as a 5th job skill with a totally new effect (elemental ignore maybe? :( ) It could work since the 5 colored auras merge with what seems to be dark aura in the center of the circle and would be a USEFULL party skill since only a handfull actually have elemental ignore buffs and less than that that also benefits the party.
    edited November 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    Maybe they'll add green aura as a 5th job skill with a totally new effect (elemental ignore maybe? :( ) It could work since the 5 colored auras merge with what seems to be dark aura in the center of the circle and would be a USEFULL party skill since only a handfull actually have elemental ignore buffs and less than that that also benefits the party.

Weakening aura already has a hyper skill that reduces elemental defense.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    LOL this thread made me giggle
    Let's pretend that weakening aura is green ok? ;p
  • BaydenNBaydenN
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2017
    This might be way off but, what if the colours resemble the elements. Red - Fire, Blue - Water, Green - Earth, Purple - Dark, Yellow - Light. And the BaM is having to tap into these elements to give him the power of all the auras (its a stretch, but it might make you feel better on the orb being green)
    edited November 2017
    BaydenN wrote: »
    This might be way off but, what if the colours resemble the elements. Red - Fire, Blue - Water, Green - Earth, Purple - Dark, Yellow - Light. And the BaM is having to tap into these elements to give him the power of all the auras (its a stretch, but it might make you feel better on the orb being green)

If you can direct me to my resident fire skill I'd be very happy.

Just kidding. For real though, if we want to get into a super technical discussion of the colors of the auras, it could just a side effect for using mana for a specific purpose. The effect that results from the spell could color the mana in a specific way.