[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

MapleStory 2 release date please?

Comments

• Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2017
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................................. the suspense. It's over a year now since the most recent update of GMS2 (Nexon hiring a a Production Manager).

Anyways, any updates yet on NAMS2?!?!?!?!? (NA means North America.)

BTW, https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/7bidwt/lets_make_maplestory_great_again/. Thats right! He's going to Nexon America's HQ! Rant as much as possible to him (via his youtube video and this reddit link) to get him to be our insider! You heard me! HE'S OUR INSIDE MAN NOW! This could be our only chance to finally get leaked info on when MS2 will finally be released in the West!

Also, why are we the "west"? Because California, USA, is east. Seoul, Asia, is in the west. :/
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2017

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................................. the suspense. It's over a year now since the most recent update of GMS2 (Nexon hiring a a Production Manager).

Anyways, any updates yet on NAMS2?!?!?!?!? (NA means North America.)

BTW, https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/7bidwt/lets_make_maplestory_great_again/. Thats right! He's going to Nexon America's HQ! Rant as much as possible to him (via his youtube video and this reddit link) to get him to be our insider! You heard me! HE'S OUR INSIDE MAN NOW! This could be our only chance to finally get leaked info on when MS2 will finally be released in the West!

Also, why are we the "west"? Because California, USA, is east. Seoul, Asia, is in the west. :/

he's not really an "Inside man", he's not working at nexon, he's just going to be asking questions to Nexon, which means they could easily give the same responses they have in the past to any of the questions. "When will MS 2 happen?" could easily get a "we're working on it" or "we plan to have it sometime in the near future", since it's a Q&A for maplestory they might have some answers for maplestory related content but I doubt they will have any MS2 info to share.

also take a good look at the world map for why America is called the west
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    'NAMS2' sounds like a nickname for a Vietnam MapleStory 2 loool
    As for why we are the west, well.. here;
    east-west-differences-world-map.jpg
    It has more to do with culture than anything.
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    'NAMS2' sounds like a nickname for a Vietnam MapleStory 2 loool
    As for why we are the west, well.. here;
    east-west-differences-world-map.jpg
    It has more to do with culture than anything.

I can't believe I overlooked that bit of detail for all this time! I see that map alot of times. The reason I deem SoCal East and Seoul SKR West is because if I were to fly from Nexon NA HQ to Nexon KR HQ, the closest route is to go to reach Seoul SKR is fly west.
  • SherriSherri
    edited November 2017
    Still nothing? No news?
  • MewChelseaMewChelsea
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2017
    This is driving me nuts :/ They've had MS2 out for months now in other countries and they still haven't even released a date for MS2 in America. This is infuriating me.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2017
    MewChelsea wrote: »
    This is driving me nuts :/ They've had MS2 out for months now in other countries and they still haven't even released a date for MS2 in America. This is infuriating me.

So far, I only heard it was out in Korea and China. No word on if Japan has it yet (or anywhere else)?
  • DeadBotDeadBot
    Reactions: 870
    edited December 2017
    Guys you should just give your hope up on MapleStory 2 Coming to NA , As a Kms2 Player i saw the lack of members in that game and looking around i saw that it was slowly dying off abit. We might not even get the game in our region due to the popularity. Yes you may say "If its dying off then why is the game still coming out with new updates and events" Well Why do you think GMS Is up even if its low on players ? <_< Trying to bring back the community tho its somewhat not working with the Korean. But hey, if we do get MS2, it wont be till after 2020 anyways so just kinda give up on it for now.
    edited December 2017
    Guys you should just give your hope up on MapleStory 2 Coming to NA , As a Kms2 Player i saw the lack of members in that game and looking around i saw that it was slowly dying off abit. We might not even get the game in our region due to the popularity. Yes you may say "If its dying off then why is the game still coming out with new updates and events" Well Why do you think GMS Is up even if its low on players ? <_< Trying to bring back the community tho its somewhat not working with the Korean. But hey, if we do get MS2, it wont be till after 2020 anyways so just kinda give up on it for now.

Ohhhhh..... NO! I'm not giving up on hope that easily! I'm gonna find all the four-leaf clovers, rabbits' feet, and horseshoes that I can get my hands on! So many in fact that I could put them into a swimming pool and drown in them!
    SherriLilyflower
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2017

Ohhhhh..... NO! I'm not giving up on hope that easily! I'm gonna find all the four-leaf clovers, rabbits' feet, and horseshoes that I can get my hands on! So many in fact that I could put them into a swimming pool and drown in them!

Heck yeah, I won't stop dreaming of playing MS2 with my friends. I'll definitely buy NX for the game.
  • DeadBotDeadBot
    Reactions: 870
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »

Heck yeah, I won't stop dreaming of playing MS2 with my friends. I'll definitely buy NX for the game.

Then if u want to play it rn then just go get a kms account <_< it can access kms2. Also you Alot of the stuff in kms2 will be nerfed in When its out for gms so alot of the good stuff will be just like reg gms. all p2w
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2017
    I'm waiting for it to be in English so, oh idk.. I can understand it? :/
  • JointJoint
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited December 2017

You obviously do not know anything about MS2. yes the community isn't as big as it was but that was bc the content updates were extremely slow which then made the playerbase die down. Also there have been multiple things already foreshadowing an English version coming over "soon". Job applications and multiple English files already. The fact that China had received the game already and I believe other regions are getting there's as well. The game will indeed come out to NA it's just a matter of when. I highly doubt it will be that much longer anyway seeing as there have been plenty of hints at MS2 already. I say a late 2018 at the most. Remember how long MS1 came over after it was released in Korea. About 2 years or so. MS2 has been released in 2013 so it hasn't been that much longer as of yet. NA will be stupid not to bring in MS2 as it will be indeed a very "hot" game for this region which will bring in more money for them.
    SherriLilyflower
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2017
    61.2k views on this in almost about a year too. :p
    I bet my Japanese Drowzee Pokémon card we will get MS2.
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2017

C O N F I R M E D
    I don't care for them though, I want the Korean VA.
  • JointJoint
    edited December 2017
    LMAO MapleStory 2 will be short lived in NA, Everyone hype it up for awhile people who left GMS will come back to try it out after maybe 90 days the hype will die out and people will return to GMS.

Go a head believe what YOU want the sad fact about why MapleStory population is declining for is because a lot of the people who played are now having to work ect...

Care to explain how you can tell the future of a new game? Again just because you choose not to like the 3D style of MS2 does not necessarily mean that everyone will hate the style as well. MS2 will definitly not be a flop when it comes to NA. Will it be more popular than MS1? Maybe not but that can not be told yet until the game comes out. Even if MS2 isn't as popular as MS1 does not mean it will be short lived. Nor does it mean it will shut down right away or be a flop of a game. it's still doing decent in Korea not as great as once it came out but still pretty decent game to play. Point is MS2 will indeed be a popular game and there will be an audience large enough for that game that it will bring in enough money for Nexon to not shut down. The amount of popularity that MS2 will have is yet to be determined though and that will need to wait until it releases. Again stop trying to state your opinions as facts. No one can tell the future.
    SherriLilyflowerShnee
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 2017
    Joint wrote: »
    LMAO MapleStory 2 will be short lived in NA, Everyone hype it up for awhile people who left GMS will come back to try it out after maybe 90 days the hype will die out and people will return to GMS.

Go a head believe what YOU want the sad fact about why MapleStory population is declining for is because a lot of the people who played are now having to work ect...

Care to explain how you can tell the future of a new game? Again just because you choose not to like the 3D style of MS2 does not necessarily mean that everyone will hate the style as well. MS2 will definitly not be a flop when it comes to NA. Will it be more popular than MS1? Maybe not but that can not be told yet until the game comes out. Even if MS2 isn't as popular as MS1 does not mean it will be short lived. Nor does it mean it will shut down right away or be a flop of a game. it's still doing decent in Korea not as great as once it came out but still pretty decent game to play. Point is MS2 will indeed be a popular game and there will be an audience large enough for that game that it will bring in enough money for Nexon to not shut down. The amount of popularity that MS2 will have is yet to be determined though and that will need to wait until it releases. Again stop trying to state your opinions as facts. No one can tell the future.

Agreed. Not to mention, if they advertise it right when it starts coming over, there will probably be quite a few people.
    Perhaps offer free goodies to people who join up for GMS2 beta? Everyone can help out with reporting bugs, etc.
    Though with Nexon NA and how they've been lately, there is no way this will happen.
    Lilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

Care to explain how you can tell the future of a new game?
    Again stop trying to state your opinions as facts. No one can tell the future.
  • JointJoint
    edited December 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Care to explain how you can tell the future of a new game?
    Again stop trying to state your opinions as facts. No one can tell the future.

First of all mocking someone's comment because it upsets you is a bit childish imo. Especially for someone that who was a private tester in this game. Second of all it's logical that any MMO out there that's brand new will bring in some money for a company. Just by being brand new already attracts a good amount of a player base. For a game that is already widely popular a sequel will do even better. As I stated in my last post there is no way to tell how well MS2 will be or if it will be greater than MS1 until the game comes over. However, what can easily be known is that MS2 will definitely not be a flop or shut down anytime soon when it comes to NA. We already know that NA will also bring in MS2 seeing as they are already higher for employees for that game and multiple English files. It's just a matter of when it will come not will it will come. Anyways though unless you're going to be a bit more mature with your replies and not get all bent out of shape for someone not agreeing with your opinion please stop replying back to me. Thank you.
    Lilyflower
  • JointJoint
    edited December 2017
    LMAO Ohhh boy because someone is a Private Tester they're special then every one else LMAO!
    Much like the GM's right? They don't know how the mechanics of the game works but they're "Game Masters" right.

And no you've no authority over what I say kid... Not even the Admins or the Moderators for that matter have the authority to tell me what I can and can't do, they can block my account from accessing the forums but Until then I will say and reply to any topic I want so deal with it...
    You're not gonna bark orders at me like you do your parents.

I wasn't even replying to you you little kid. Also you absolutely no nothing about mmos in general especially MS if you actually think GMS2 will shut down in 6 months or less when it comes out. The population may not be as great as MS1 is but the game definitely will have a decent size playerbase.
    SherriLilyflower
This discussion has been closed.