[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What monsters drop ilbis?

UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
Reactions: 1,555
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in General Chat
Anyone know which monster drops ilbis? does the level difference matter as well? I remember reading that if you're too high level compared to the monster it doesn't drop

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Dual birk ( sheep looking things in leafre by the portal to do 4th job adventurer, mushmom and wolf spiders in meso gear clocktower. mmm i think they did tweak that up between drop and level range but the faster you kill as high level it should mitigate or equalize the changes.

If youre in reboot they sell them in general stores like leafre and henesy.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Dual birk ( sheep looking things in leafre by the portal to do 4th job adventurer, mushmom and wolf spiders in meso gear clocktower. mmm i think they did tweak that up between drop and level range but the faster you kill as high level it should mitigate or equalize the changes.

If youre in reboot they sell them in general stores like leafre and henesy.

Every channel had a botter in wolf spiders map... i'll give dual birks a shot
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    i don't think dual birks drop em, been at it for 30 mins with 2x + spider + 20% drop

many equips dropped, but not a single set of ilbis
    edited May 2017
    i don't think dual birks drop em, been at it for 30 mins with 2x + spider + 20% drop

https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/thief-throwing-star-guide-throwing-star-drop-list/

they do, the thing is the rarer the item, the lower the drop rate, it all depends on the base drop rate the item has clean. the drop multipliers you have on just affect the base drop rate.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/thief-throwing-star-guide-throwing-star-drop-list/

they do, the thing is the rarer the item, the lower the drop rate, it all depends on the base drop rate the item has clean. the drop multipliers you have on just affect the base drop rate.

That guide was made in 2008, maybe its outdated??
    edited May 2017

That guide was made in 2008, maybe its outdated??

they usually dont change the items each monster drops.
  • BaydenNBaydenN
    Reactions: 660
    edited May 2017
    If you check Monster Book under the Dual Birk card, and scroll through drops it will show that they do infact drop ilbi's. But you'll have to find the card in the book instead of clicking the monster to bring it up, as Monster Book is currently bugged if no-one had noticed xD Spirit Viking in Ludi Clocktower also drop Ilbi's according to the Monster Book.
    edited May 2017
    keep in mind that the 2x buff doesnt stack with spider. id suggest using the buff since 2x is > than 60% which spider is.
  • LyxertLyxert
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2017
    Is it confirmed that Mushmom still drops Illibis? Pre Big Bang, it did. But, with as low level as Mushmom is now, I don't see it still dropping Illibis.
    edited November 2017
    Lyxert wrote: »
    Is it confirmed that Mushmom still drops Illibis? Pre Big Bang, it did. But, with as low level as Mushmom is now, I don't see it still dropping Illibis.

I believe so but mushmom isnt worth farming anymore.
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited November 2017
    ilbi drop has been bugged for ages. Believe me, I've tried farming them and they just don't drop anymore. I used to farm many of them in the past, so I'd know something is obviously wrong especially when you get nothing for days and end up with tons of equips and familiars. Tried a bunch of different mobs that dropped it. That's also why you never or rarely see any left in the FM or AH now, not even bots can farm them. And any ilbis placed up are very expensive. I've submitted a ticket a while ago, but seems like nexon simply doesn't care.

In other words, don't waste your time, it's not worth it.
  • iHateForumsiHateForums
    Reactions: 560
    edited November 2017
    not even bots can farm them.

Just another ninja nerf that nexon did to combat hackers which only really hurt the legitimate players another example would be the elite bosses
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    not even bots can farm them.

Just another ninja nerf that nexon did to combat hackers which only really hurt the legitimate players another example would be the elite bosses

I really don't think that's the case here.
    edited November 2017
    the ilbis and other stars just got lost in translation (coding errors) theres no real reason not to have them dropped since in reboot they cost 3 mil in shop
  • iHateForumsiHateForums
    Reactions: 560
    edited November 2017

I really don't think that's the case here.

That is your belief and you are entitled to it as am i of my own beliefs, As long as i continue to see a botter in every channel of wolf spiders i will continue to believe it too.

• Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited November 2017
    Listen well guys. before they added the star enchantments, I was getting tons of Hawaii throwing stars and 1 illbis which I made into Crystal illbis.
    it was indeed the Spirit Viking drop the illbi's for me. Since than that dam Crusade book has been dead to us all.
    Heck my Night Lord has about 10 hawabi's and 1 crystal illbis and 3 Steely's and the others.

Like Wtf wild boars jumping newbie equips that BS
  • PhantanoPhantano
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2017
    Out of curiosity I tested Lycanthropes, a´spot where I used to farm ilbis and I can confirm they still drop there. It took me maybe 10 minutes on my lvl 200 Kanna to drop a set

EDIT: Farmed for another 40 minutes and didn't get any more drops. For increased droprates I used only the big spider familiar.
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited November 2017
    Dual Birk is a great spot to farm ilbis. I got like 4 or 5 in a 1 hour session during 2x, so they DEFINITELY drop there.