[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

ZeroByDivide's in-person chat with the Nexon Team

Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
Reactions: 640
edited November 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
This thread is for ZeroByDivide to answer. ZeroByDivide, if your reading this right now, *rapid fire* WERE YOU ABLE TO GET INFO FROM THE NEXON TEAM ON WHEN MAPLESTORY 2 WILL BE COMING OUT TO THE WEST?!?! BECAUSE WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU TO HELP US GET LEAKED INFO ON WHEN WE WILL FINALLY GET TO PLAY MAPLESTORY 2 WITHOUT NEEDING TO USE A PHONE NUMBER TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT AND WE HAVE WAITED OVER 2 YEARS FOR ANSWERS NOW ON WHEN WE WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY MAPLESTORY 2 IN FULL ENGLISH IN THE WEST! *inhales for a minute*

*normal speed* I mean seriously, it's all the matter of translating all the game's dialogue from one language to another to another. Like, how long does it take to port an MMO game server from one country to another?

So please, ZeroByDivide, if your reading this thread, reply back ASAP! I'm counting on you to pass this info to all of us major maplers! (Like Spadow, DaBoki, coppersan, etc.)
Angelicaxoxo

Comments

• MrCardsMrCards
    edited November 2017
    Oh look, it's that guy who asked nexon, to allow him to use cheats without the risk of getting banned, why are you still playing ?
    don't you have some LTQs to finish ? xD
    Sherri
  • Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
    edited November 2017
    MrCards wrote: »
    Oh look, it's that guy who asked nexon, to allow him to use cheats without the risk of getting banned, why are you still playing ?

*sarcastically* Ha ha ha. Very funny. -_- I found a more "free" way to play MapleStory in case if you forgot. This method doesn't even need me to complete LTQs to get the special item.

But anyways, I just hope ZeroByDivide got the message and has good news for us.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2017

eh, that's not related to the topc

but I feel that ZeroByDivide will post what answers they got (if any) on Reddit first, just watch this link https://www.reddit.com/user/ZeroByDivide

wait for their next post for their findings

but I do have to say, that if you dont like slow grind in current maplestory, you wont like the level curve in MS2.
    MS2 is a fun game if you like exploring and grinding, not if you want quickruns to max lvl and best equipment for every character you make.
    Sherri
    edited November 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

eh, that's not related to the topc

but I feel that ZeroByDivide will post what answers they got (if any) on Reddit first, just watch this link https://www.reddit.com/user/ZeroByDivide

wait for their next post for their findings

but I do have to say, that if you dont like slow grind in current maplestory, you wont like the level curve in MS2.
    MS2 is a fun game if you like exploring and grinding, not if you want quickruns to max lvl and best equipment for every character you make.

Seriously? Did you already forget that there's a much faster and more casual way to play the current MapleStory? I just need to wait for someone to develop this "free" method for MapleStory 2 and PRESTO! I can play MS2 without any fuss, no time lost on events (if there are any events that is), and many of the other restrictions the game developer cripples you with.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    I found a more "free" way to play MapleStory in case if you forgot.

Thanks for telling me. After going through your comment history, I've noticed you violated the rules specifically last Wednesday by promoting and bragging about playing on a private server (didn't notice because I sunk the thread to keep it from popping up). For that and this follow-up comment, you're receiving a ban. Don't promote private servers; play the game legitimately or don't play at all.

On the subject of the thread, Nexon will be releasing their footage in due time. I don't know when or if Zero will report back, but I'd love to see when he does. He ought to verify it's okay to post certain bits of information with Nexon, though I don't think it should be much of an issue in my personal opinion.
    SherriArgentpandabunniesToymaker
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2017

Seriously? Did you already forget that there's a much faster and more casual way to play the current MapleStory? I just need to wait for someone to develop this "free" method for MapleStory 2 and PRESTO! I can play MS2 without any fuss, no time lost on events (if there are any events that is), and many of the other restrictions the game developer cripples you with.

ah yes, the casual illegal way that might get killed off anytime between 1 week to a year or more and falls in line with cheating, considering the official game is still alive, how could I forget about that casual way...
    Toymaker
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Just wanna say though, two years isn't that much.
    I've been waiting for Cube World to update since 2013.
    Wait.. that's only four years.
    Feels longer than 4 years to me.
    Neospector wrote: »
    I found a more "free" way to play MapleStory in case if you forgot.

Thanks for telling me. After going through your comment history, I've noticed you violated the rules specifically last Wednesday by promoting and bragging about playing on a private server (didn't notice because I sunk the thread to keep it from popping up). For that and this follow-up comment, you're receiving a ban. Don't promote private servers; play the game legitimately or don't play at all.

On the subject of the thread, Nexon will be releasing their footage in due time. I don't know when or if Zero will report back, but I'd love to see when he does. He ought to verify it's okay to post certain bits of information with Nexon, though I don't think it should be much of an issue in my personal opinion.

Thank you so much! May Rhinne bless you ;u;
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2017
    who cares about MS2 when we could get a legacy MS server
    Angelicaxoxo
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »

Plenty of people would prefer MS2 over a legacy server
    Sherri
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2017

I beg to differ
    Angelicaxoxo
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2017

I beg to differ

dont beg for something thats factual if that wasnt the case then why most people moved to reboot ? yet reboot aint a legacy server period its close but failed to deliver
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017

I beg to differ

..ahem.
    Forget all that talk about legacy servers (no idea what it even is tbh)
    I want MS2 already.
    edited November 2017

He better be right! It better be released by the end of this year or I'll just eat my hat!

This just gets better and better! I'm shaking as fast as wind-up teeth here! I can just smell that release date for GMS2 around the bend!
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2017

He better be right! It better be released by the end of this year or I'll just eat my hat!

This just gets better and better! I'm shaking as fast as wind-up teeth here! I can just smell that release date for GMS2 around the bend!

you realize that since KMS2 is out, whatever team you think will make your private cancer should have already made it by now if they could/ wanted to. they wouldnt need to wait for nexon to localize it in english (unless they are lazy af sods)

stop hyping yourself up for an official localized release if you really just want a private cancer, if you want to hype yourself for an official release then you should play the official game.
    Sherri
    edited November 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

you realize that since KMS2 is out, whatever team you think will make your private cancer should have already made it by now if they could/ wanted to. they wouldnt need to wait for nexon to localize it in english (unless they are lazy af sods)

stop hyping yourself up for an official localized release if you really just want a private cancer, if you want to hype yourself for an official release then you should play the official game.

Well, the thing is, the official server provides me with something else though: more and more new ideas (such as assets, maps, character items, etc) that I can utilize in MikuMikuDance:

As you may be aware :/, as BannedStory is gone, I'll have to resort to more drastic measures to animate MapleStory-themed characters for my MapleAnimation videos. I somehow thought of MapleStory as the next subject to search up along with MMD. So I did just that. Soon enough, I found that video. Now, I am just thinking that after this discovery, MikuMikuDance will make a good alternative to a MapleStory 2 simulator or a "BannedStory 5" (provided that I know how to make the textures look exactly like the MapleStory theme).

Also, old or updated versions of existing maps, and special maps (like the yearly anniversary maps) can change their OSTs. OST is the Background Music and what's a MapleStory animation without background music?

Plus, with newer and newer equipment (like armor, clothes, weapons, etc), I feel that I might change my mind on how I might wanna design my weapons and clothes for my characters. I like to base my creations off of things I've seen from other movies, TV shows, and games (such as a Micro Uzi with the Terminus Weapon theme as it's skin or a GE M134 Minigun to look like the Mechanic's 5th job skill.). And with the addition of the new Arcane Umbra weapons, I decided to make a my weapons (like an FN SCAR, an AT4, an RPG, etc) have an Arcane Umbra-themed skin along with my current Terminus-themed weapons. Because the stats of Arcane Umbra weapons beat Fafnir weapons and Terminus weapons even as clean weapons. I can even turn Skill animations (like the Xenon's laser rifle, the Cannon Master's auto cannons, and Wild Hunter's arrow launchers) into 3d models.

So with what ideas I currently have on a MapleStory-themed 3d MMD animation, I'll have to hold off for a bit longer until I'm fully satisfied with all the ideas that pool on my list of things to utilize in MMD as 3d models based off of things I've seen in MapleStory. And the official game server is the best way as it doesn't act screwy and I know how every character class functions without being modified of their code.