[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't enter Cvell w/out clear after failed attempt

pepepepe
Reactions: 2,125
edited November 2017 in Bug Archive
Bug type: Game bug (boss)

Bug summary: Chaos vellum takes up a clear without actually clearing it

Details: Had attempted a chaos vellum duo with a guild member of mine, lost my 5 lives, went out into RA lobby and left the party and gave my friend (who was still inside battling cvell) the green light to kill him which he did. Later on I attempted another run with someone else and I couldn't enter because it said I had already cleared him. My friend could go in by himself so the problem was on my end. The counter for the medal quest (kill cvel 10 times) didn't increase (was at 4/10) so I knew that it shouldn't have counted as a clear. My guess is that since I was in a party with someone who cleared it, it falsely registered as a clear with respect to the entrance of cvell.

Steps to reproduce:
Enter chaos vellum with a party of 2 players minimum
Leave after hitting him at least once
Allow the party member inside chaos vellum to take him down
Try to enter chaos vellum again by yourself

Character level: 220

Character job: Shade

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Thursday 23rd some time around 10 AM

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    It's intended.

They don't want cases where the main attacker leaves the party right before the kill, and can then carry another party, and another, and another...
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    It's intended.

They don't want cases where the main attacker leaves the party right before the kill, and can then carry another party, and another, and another...

bummer

I'll just try to clear myself then but im pretty noob at dodging

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    It's intended.

It shouldn't be. Other bosses don't have this restriction, so why have only half of them have it...? HMag + CRA have this, yet something like Lucid doesn't. It needs to be removed - who cares if someone carries a party ? CRA gear is dirt cheap.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited November 2017
    Mira wrote: »
    It shouldn't be. Other bosses don't have this restriction, so why have only half of them have it...? HMag + CRA have this, yet something like Lucid doesn't. It needs to be removed - who cares if someone carries a party ? CRA gear is dirt cheap.

Based on this post https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5v99p1/psa_being_dead_in_lucid_while_she_dies_with_lives/,
    Lucid also has this restriction.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    It is to avoid abuse of bossing like someone who can kill cvellum, hmag or any other bosses, go with other char in party, take it down to 1% hp left then leave the map and let the other char to kill it. The one who can kill it then can abuse and doing it as many as he want and leave at 1% boss hp left.