[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

you know what the funniest part of reboot is

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    darik wrote: »
    I mean MVP rewards being available in reboot is already P2W.

Not exactly since it's account bound.

How does having it account bound not make it pay to win? if you spend money you get mvp. If you don't spend money you don't get mvp..

Mvp only gives u some exp coupons, that not a big deal in terms of making u stronguer if anything t gets lvling faster and ppl who have mvp give 1,5x exp buffs for free to everyone in the map when casting it

You are misinformed about what MVP gives...http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/21036/updated-introducing-the-maple-value-points-mvp-service

So u get buffs and exp coupons thats not a big deal? O.o
    U know u can get a daily 100 watt/matt vuff for free right?
    Ure focusing on small things over the biggest issue in p2w, which is cubing, cubing give u a LOT of range, whereas a 30 watt buff doesnt give much of a difference
    Im my opinion complaining about this(cuz u need to pay a Lot and keep paying constantly to stay mvp) is quite irrelevant to the overal f2p reboot services this server offers.

We're just saying that p2w does exist in reboot. It's not just about the exp gain being faster, translating into gaining levels faster than the non-paying players of reboot. It's also the medals and titles giving stat. The free monster park and training center tickets. But most importantly the extra entries to Dream Defender, resulting in more coins for paying players and thus gaining arcane force faster than someone who is not MVP.

I personally don't care whether it exists or not, but it's ignorant to claim it doesn't.

Deleted.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Hmmm... This looks familiar...
    vDPFknD.png
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/4928/reboot
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    People love to complain. :/
    darik
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited November 2017
    If Reboot really was free2play as it claims to be, then pets should be obtainable with mesos as well since they're essential in looting massive amounts of mesos. But guess what, they're not.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited November 2017
    RailBird wrote: »
    If Reboot really was free2play as it claims to be, then pets should be obtainable with mesos as well since they're essential in looting massive amounts of mesos. But guess what, they're not.

Hard Hilla drops a box most of the time that give free pet half of the time.
    darik
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I mean MVP rewards being available in reboot is already P2W.

Not exactly since it's account bound.

How does having it account bound not make it pay to win? if you spend money you get mvp. If you don't spend money you don't get mvp..

Mvp only gives u some exp coupons, that not a big deal in terms of making u stronguer if anything t gets lvling faster and ppl who have mvp give 1,5x exp buffs for free to everyone in the map when casting it

You are misinformed about what MVP gives...http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/21036/updated-introducing-the-maple-value-points-mvp-service

So u get buffs and exp coupons thats not a big deal? O.o
    U know u can get a daily 100 watt/matt vuff for free right?
    Ure focusing on small things over the biggest issue in p2w, which is cubing, cubing give u a LOT of range, whereas a 30 watt buff doesnt give much of a difference
    Im my opinion complaining about this(cuz u need to pay a Lot and keep paying constantly to stay mvp) is quite irrelevant to the overal f2p reboot services this server offers.

We're just saying that p2w does exist in reboot. It's not just about the exp gain being faster, translating into gaining levels faster than the non-paying players of reboot. It's also the medals and titles giving stat. The free monster park and training center tickets. But most importantly the extra entries to Dream Defender, resulting in more coins for paying players and thus gaining arcane force faster than someone who is not MVP.

I personally don't care whether it exists or not, but it's ignorant to claim it doesn't.

Ok there could b some sligtht advantages but to get them once again u need to pay a lot, OP is arguing that u cant do anything without paying for nx on reboot and thats 100% false, u can get to a huge range without spending a single dollar on the game, thats what im trying to explain OP probably complains about this cuz he hasnt put any effort in understanding how reboot works .
    Excuse the hell out of you, you don't get to put words in my mouth. Where am I saying any of those things? Do you even know what "OP" means? It means ME. I didn't say any of those things, so get out of here or stop lying, one of the two.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited November 2017
    Rexaar wrote: »
    RailBird wrote: »

Hard Hilla drops a box most of the time that give free pet half of the time.

Which makes it even dumber to ask NX for them if they're that easily obtainable anyway.
    It's literally just trying to milk out every last penny from unknowing players.
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2017
    are all reboot players like this? :D i will be looking forward to eu reboots for some drama
    Sherri
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    Jacaru wrote: »
    are all reboot players like this? :D i will be looking forward to eu reboots for some drama

yep
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

Like what? Me? For daring to say Nexon doesn't even follow its own rules?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    chooz wrote: »

Like what? Me? For daring to say Nexon doesn't even follow its own rules?

dont take it personal, they meant like this whole thread
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017

I know right? *passes some popcorn*
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    You can get Atmospheric Exp Buff by being in the same map and I am sure most people don't mind sharing it.
    Perm pets aren't a big deal either since hard hilla drops 90-day pet.

It's no doubt p2w, but you have to think about this game's future as well. This game needs some form of p2w to a degree that is acceptable, to continue getting as much content as we get. Most games don't update as frequently as this or get cross over events, things like that.
    darik