[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can you get account back from a permanent ban?

Paladin2Paladin2
Reactions: 200
edited October 2016 in General Chat

Hi, I received a permanent ban on last March. I was playing the game just like any other days, so I still don't know why I got the ban.
I was playing with my main character, and I logged out to train my other character. When I tried to log in, suddenly a ban message came up.
I submitted multiple tickets regarding this, however the answers were the same saying that they are not going to lift the ban.
It would've been better if they could show me a proof or tell me what I exactly did wrong so I can avoid it in the future.
Anyway, my question is: are players unable to play the game again after they get a permanent ban? Is there no way of getting released from the permanent ban?
Plus, has anyone experienced anything like this?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    The only way to get unbanned from a permanent ban is to prove you didn't do whatever they think you did. People do sometimes get unbanned from such mistaken bans.
    If they won't tell you what they banned you for, proving you didn't do it is a little bit difficult..

You can play again by creating a new account (if I'm not mistaken, the GMs even tell you that. Something like, "Sorry, this ban won't be lifted. You can make a new account and play by the rules this time").
    Paladin2Xenon92carmenpop22
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    The reason they don't tell you the specifics of why you're banned is because if they started going into details as to how and why someone is banned, then that basically reveals to hackers and such their methods and what they check for.
    Paladin2carmenpop22
  • AshixAshix
    Reactions: 630
    edited October 2016
    I was permanently banned before as well. Like you I didn't know what I did wrong or anything. I tried sending tickets, but unfortunately these kinds of bans are hard to prove. 3 years ago Nexon gave some banned players a second chance and that's where my ban was lifted. Best I can say is hope for the best that they'll do it again.
    Paladin2Xenon92carmenpop22
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    I remember a friend go unbanned after a false ban, he was really pissed off when that happened to him, in the end he was happy he got unbanned(3 years ago).
    Paladin2carmenpop22
  • Paladin2Paladin2
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    I agree that it is really difficult to prove that you did not do anything wrong.
    I don't exactly know what kind of proof they need to see to determine that a player was not doing anything wrong.
    I have sent a ticket with screenshots of my play, few minutes before I got banned, but they said nothing about the screenshots.
    I guess I would have to wait until they do similar event (giving a second chance?) as they did three years ago.
    I hope they realize that they give false bans (not always but sometimes) to some of the players.
    Hopefully, they would fix this issue one day so that no more players will get a false ban.
    Thank you so much for reading my post and leaving comments guys, I really appreciate it.
  • BigDaddyDavidBigDaddyDavid
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2016
    Getting unbanned on Maplestory truely is a rocky road. goodluck
    Paladin2carmenpop22
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited October 2016
    i am also part of the permaban people but they did unban me after i showed them some proff of the gameguard issue that when you log in it perma bans you soo if you explain your issue as soon as it hapends with video recordings [better than pictures] they will help you most of the time i wish you good luck with getting your acc back
    Paladin2carmenpop22