[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[UPDATE NOTES] v177 Strange Stories

KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
Reactions: 11,690
edited October 2016 in Vault

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Much better update notes than last time, but still missing details.
    bootlickergamechangerLilyflower
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Much better update notes than last time, but still missing details.
    If you or any other players have questions about the update, events, etc. go ahead and ask here. I'll work on getting answers for you all.

@AKradian
    bootlickerLilyfloweralexfrances
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited October 2016
    hey cm,

please give us more information about the skill changes in "‘A Better Maple’ System Changes" section, like luminous reflection change: "Reflection: Damage formula and range changed"

like more details, numbers... please

Thanks
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    What are the new Party Play Zones?

it is the same thing as the Party Training Zones that were added in CMS when they received this same patch?
    Catooolooo

I have a feeling the Party Play Zones are actually the Party Training Zones that was released in CMS, and is a system that allows you to help and train with low lvl players, could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what it will be.

If im right though, check the quick move image for that icon image and see how far it goes
    Or are they actual maps that we normally go to?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    What does Fishing entail and what are the rewards?
    Also: Why are there Fishing system keys in Reboot's Cash Shop (for NX)?

Which maps are party play?

Does the double-meso-for-no-boom-star-force apply to Tyrants?

What do the changes to Luminous, Kaiser, and Angelic Buster mean? Are we getting the classes as they are in KMS, now?

MegaScienceLilyflower
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited October 2016
    Where do I make suggestions, because I think it's so dumb that they have been doing maintenance's like these in the middle of the day, when you have the highest volume of players online... Literally who thought doing the maintenance at this time was a good idea?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

Where do I make suggestions, because I think it's so dumb that they have been doing maintenance's like these in the middle of the day, when you have the highest volume of players online... Literally who thought doing the maintenance at this time was a good idea?
    They assume that most of their players are in school or at work. Would you rather they did it in the evening when people are getting home from work or school and want to jump on and play? And what if the maintenance runs over for whatever reason? Should they have to stay until 1 or 2 in the morning because you don't have anything better to do during the day?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

I doubt it.
    It's a school/work day.
    The "highest volume of players online" are in the afternoon and evening.

They used to start patches at 10 or 11PM 'til dawn. I don't know why they stopped doing that. Maybe because people complained that they were planning to do their dailies in the last hour before reset. But, anyway, early morning is definitely not the busiest time of the game.
    Lilyflower
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Does "[...]enter the new Wedding Village! She has replaced NPC Tom Swift" mean that you have completely removed Amoria, and does that also mean that Amoria PQ will no longer be accessible?
    Which of the wedding rings will be awarded when getting married now, there were several different ones. And which visual effect is applied.
  • GixlGixl
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited October 2016
    aiight so with the new wedding system, are weddings still gonna cost mesos in reboot server and also i have a wedding ticket from before, does that get changed to a new one or do i gotta buy a new one and get to keep the old ticket as a collection? :D
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    I'd personally like details on the Coin Exchange event. For instance, what coins apply - maybe the ratios.
    Bahamut_X
  • BasuraBasura
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited October 2016
    i'm so sad about star planet, with only doing the 10 daily uno games you could get pendant slot, robot stand and all cubes from rewards shop
    i know people who dont do star planet have trouble getting anything after the cubes
    also goodbye 2x exp star planet coupons, not even free 1k RP a week is going to compensate the loss of this content ;-; well.. RIP that 1% who did star planet
    please dont forget about an alternative way to get mix dye coupon =v= (not that i could get it lately with all those bots and battle exploiters filling rankings)
    LilyflowerDariusJQuellan
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Basura
    Basura said:

i'm so sad about star planet, with only doing the 10 daily uno games you could get pendant slot, robot stand and all cubes from rewards shop
    i know people who dont do star planet have trouble getting anything after the cubes
    also goodbye 2x exp star planet coupons, not even free 1k RP a week is going to compensate the loss of this content ;-; well.. RIP that 1% who did star planet
    please dont forget about an alternative way to get mix dye coupon =v= (not that i could get it lately with all those bots and battle exploiters filling rankings)
    And in the very same post, he wonders why star planet is going byebye.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I would like to see a character selction screen button in the menu. If you press it you will be send to the character selection screen of your world. This was in the Past in EMS and was realy handy and quick to use.

I really like the pet spawn update. That was one of my biggest frustrations in MapleStory.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

And in the very same post, he wonders why star planet is going byebye.
    Maybe Nexon could start fixing the bugs and banning abusers instead of just removing it altogether. Locking content seems to be the blanket solution for them. If it doesn't exist, then they don't have to manage it.

That said though, we have an alternative to Star Planet RP, being the Monster Collection.
    Shame about the daily EXP coupon and other rewards. I'd love to see the minigames come back in some other way if possible. Like that one summer event we had...
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    Which three Dark Knight hypers are being replaced by Evil Eye ones? Also, what does it mean in the skill change for the Shadower skill Shadow Veil where it says "removed ability to infinitely grind"? Infinitely grind in what sense?

"Last hit has no critical." Are we losing our crit on the last hit of Assassinate?
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2016
    Why are their mining veins and herbs in this picture?

Are we getting them back in the fields again or is this just something that occurs on the test server?
  • brugaaal1686brugaaal1686
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    can u tale if cannon is goin to get skill change?
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Tuba
    Tuba said:

They assume that most of their players are in school or at work. Would you rather they did it in the evening when people are getting home from work or school and want to jump on and play? And what if the maintenance runs over for whatever reason? Should they have to stay until 1 or 2 in the morning because you don't have anything better to do during the day?
    Very rude reply to me, but no I wouldn't rather they do it during that time either, and school has been out for almost a hour and the maintenance is extended with no ETA, so yes they should work during those hours, or change their work schedule to accommodate that one day there is a maintenance like this. And actually they didn't always have maintenance during this time of day, awhile back there were sensible people who worked here, that had their maintenance times working great. No not everyone is at school/work, and even with kids at school/ people at work there is still a higher volume of players online than at the 1 and 2 am hours of the day.
    **EDIT: Also thank you for assuming I don't have anything better to do with my time, as I am currently dealing with some pretty bad medical problems, and I'm in a sucky situation where the source of the problem hasn't been found yet, so yes it's kind of frustrating when you're at home in bed, trying to get your mind off everything going on around you, and you're not able to do something you really enjoy.
    bootlickerLilyfloweremperor52KeksRawStormblessed
  • DariusJQuellanDariusJQuellan
    Reactions: 720
    edited October 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

Aggraphine

Tuba
    Tuba said:

Very rude reply to me, but no I wouldn't rather they do it during that time either, and school has been out for almost a hour and the maintenance is extended with no ETA, so yes they should work during those hours, or change their work schedule to accommodate that one day there is a maintenance like this. And actually they didn't always have maintenance during this time of day, awhile back there were sensible people who worked here, that had their maintenance times working great. No not everyone is at school/work, and even with kids at school/ people at work there is still a higher volume of players online than at the 1 and 2 am hours of the day.
    **EDIT: Also thank you for assuming I don't have anything better to do with my time, as I am currently dealing with some pretty bad medical problems, and I'm in a sucky situation where the source of the problem hasn't been found yet, so yes it's kind of frustrating when you're at home in bed, trying to get your mind off everything going on around you, and you're not able to do something you really enjoy.
    Dude stop crying so hard. Did you see what time the maintenance STARTED? This isn't just a 30 minute hotfix that they're choosing to do while you have nothing else going on -- it's a day long thing. I'm an engaged man. If I had to tell my fiancee I had to start work any earlier, or run any later, than these guys are doing, I'd sooner quit my job. Relax.

@Tuba