[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reconsider the In-game name Cooldown

Comments

• TimidTimid
    Reactions: 1,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I am disappointed & not happy about this feature. :/
    I was planning to remake my character with the same IGN. Now I can't even touch the character because of this feature.

Oh, I tried out to see if I could take back an IGN I had after the 24 hrs deletion. I was not able to take back the IGN. :|

Petalmagic
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Will it be fixed soon...? I hope you can see how much we don't like this change...

Soon? I wouldn't bet on it. All the other anti-player changes that were implemented still persist despite reassurances that the changes would be talked about and monitored. @Arwoo we really would appreciate a post-patch breakdown of any rebalancing done and why those specific changes were made.

I find the lack of communication between the teams at Nexon and between Nexon and the players to be worrisome. Most of the changes in this patch come directly from other regions. The changes and the reaction to them were already available to view quite a while ago. While I do understand that there can (and should be) changes to the patches tailored to fit specific regions, the vast majority appear to be unchanged. Players begin talking about those upcoming changes and the impact they can have months ahead of their release here in GMS. Fears only grow as it gets closer to these updates and we have had more time to digest the impacts the changes had in those other regions. Yet the GMS team consistently appears to be blindsided and caught flat-footed. It's baffling to me.

The GMS team appears to need a lot more autonomy to manage their region than is currently afforded to them. If the team does have that autonomy, then I think we may have even bigger problems.

Feel free to correct any misconceptions I have.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited November 2017
    Holy cow. I had no idea this was even a thing now. I had a name picked out for Cadena and deleted, tried to remake and seriously thought I got somehow name sniped within that few seconds. Just when I thought this could not get any worse, Nexon proves me wrong again. If this game survives much longer, I'm gonna be very impressed.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    Interesting how theyre making a bigger thing out of the name cooldown than the non kms map meso nerf. badgering and badgering when it's been said there's no excuse for it really makes the player base look bad as well.
    Lilyflower
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited November 2017
    Interesting how theyre making a bigger thing out of the name cooldown than the non kms map meso nerf. badgering and badgering when it's been said there's no excuse for it really makes the player base look bad as well.

Please comment on the topic. If you want to bring out a different issue, you can search for an existing thread or create a new one.
  • MessengesMessenges
    Reactions: 840
    edited November 2017
    I just spent 15$ on this game for a name change and i cant even use my old name
    and now i have 1 day to find a new IGn or i just wasted 15$
    LagTooMuch
    edited November 2017
    Slatymate wrote: »

Please comment on the topic. If you want to bring out a different issue, you can search for an existing thread or create a new one.

It's an observation on priorities. By comparing their outrage from one topic to the outrage of another. If anything it was a comment sympathizing with the cm, but thanks for correcting me. Wont happen again.
    Lilyflower
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    :T after returning home...and hitting the early 24 hour name limit...no name yet. -sobbing-
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited November 2017
    I am really disappointed to see the IGN saved for my cadena was not available after deleting it because of this change. Please revert this change. Thank you.
    edited November 2017
    :T after returning home...and hitting the early 24 hour name limit...no name yet. -sobbing-

the notes say at a random time after the 24 hours
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited November 2017
    Messenges wrote: »
    I just spent 15$ on this game for a name change and i cant even use my old name
    and now i have 1 day to find a new IGn or i just wasted 15$

I'm in the same situation. I bought a Character Name Change Coupon thinking that it would bypass the 24-hour + random time cooldown. I read on Orange Mushroom Blog that you could get the deleted name immediately after when using a name change coupon, but I guess it doesn't apply in GMS or maybe KMS patched it before we got the update.

"Deleted characters’ names will now become available for reuse at a random time after 24 hours have passed. (It seems you can still reuse the names in the Name Change system immediately though.)" Source: https://orangemushroom.net/2017/06/29/kmst-ver-1-2-052-cadena-skill-changes/
    iBearLagTooMuchSherriTaehyung
  • MissalovesMissaloves
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited November 2017
    24 hours and 8 hour no name :*
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited November 2017
    Missaloves wrote: »
    24 hours and 8 hour no name :*

Dear God.
    Taehyung
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Same here =( still no news on a fix maintenance or w/e either =( bye bye names...
  • AvarisAvaris
    Reactions: 480
    edited December 2017
    Even the gibberish names I deleted are still unavailable 33 hours later. This is the most ridiculous addition to any MMORPG that I've ever seen, and it just had to go live along with a new Job.

I was really hoping to get my Cadena to 200 by the end of the weekend so I could use the 20k nx on some of the new royals and grab a Cadena nx package but I can't even get passed the creation process without coming up with a random name, which will make it hard to stay invested in the character. Whatever you guys got going on at Nexon HQ, I hope you take care of it soon because the game is in a seriously messed up state at the moment.
    SumiiBear
  • iBeariBear
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Yup I still cannot create a character with the ign I deleted yesterday. It's been 28hrs+ and still unavailable.
    I hope there will be an unscheduled maintenance soon to fix this or remove this system. Can't even play Cadena unless I create one and wait to change ign using the name change coupon until the ign is available........................
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Envo wrote: »
    Arwoo, thank you for joining the discussion.

First, I'd like to ask you something; you said, in your post, that the name cooldown feature has surprised you as well. I'm assuming you are referring to the Nexon America dev and community teams, is that correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is the case, it brings up a very important issue players are having with Nexon these days - how is it, that the team implementing patches and updates, is not aware of what they are implementing? This is truly controversial to us.

Second, to answer your question: I believe the player consensus is to allow the first-come, first-serve system for name selection.

You're correct in stating that the change surprised our team. Unfortunately, there is no excuse that I can provide for this oversight. Often times, these are the results of miscommunication from our internal teams on the contents of the patch. However, no side or individual is to blame as accountability is a shared responsibility.

Nexon needs to improve it's communication internally and externally. We want more communication from them not just you .
    LilyflowerSherri
  • CriscoTrollCriscoTroll
    Reactions: 2,745
    edited December 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Will it be fixed soon...? I hope you can see how much we don't like this change...

Through the power of observation, we can clearly see that the change is not liked.

@Arwoo

I know you get a lot of undeserved hate nowadays since many people don't realize that you're merely the messenger, not the person at the top making these changes to the game.

However, I think whatever the result of you inquiring into this issue may be, the community as a whole will be more satisfied if the people at the top could at least explain their reasoning for these changes, and if you could relay their rationale to us.

And as far as the actual changes to the game goes, as someone who's played maplestory since middle school, I'd like to see these changes to Non-KMS maps reverted. These changes only benefit the botters and the account sellers (as mesos become harder to come by in Reboot, accounts with botted mesos increase in value) and end up hindering progress for a vast majority of the playerbase. It's sad to see so many old friends returning to Maplestory after I inform them about the new classes as well as the new content/changes, and to see them quit because they just don't see a viable way to progress within a reasonable amount of time, at least in Reboot.

ArgentSherri
  • LiamZenithLiamZenith
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited December 2017
    This system is Horrible.
    Could we atleast know the MAXIMUM time it could be held in Limbo for ?
    We had to research this information about this ninja change using External sources, which you fail to address or notify your playerbase.
    From What we can gather from ORangeMushroom's blog.
    Minimum is 24hours. What about the maximum ?
    1week? 1month? 1year?
  • iBeariBear
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    LiamZenith wrote: »
    This system is Horrible.
    Could we atleast know the MAXIMUM time it could be held in Limbo for ?
    We had to research this information about this ninja change using External sources, which you fail to address or notify your playerbase.
    From What we can gather from ORangeMushroom's blog.
    Minimum is 24hours. What about the maximum ?
    1week? 1month? 1year?

I posted on page 1 about it. I searched on Naver, regarding the cooldown on KMS, reply was that it was minimum 24hrs + @ which the @ can be 1 hr if you are lucky or maximum a week. (Post was dated 8th Nov 2017). There is a rumor that it is 30 days but all we can do is wait until there is a notice regarding this or a permanent removal of this weird system.