[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reconsider the In-game name Cooldown

Comments

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited December 2017
    As some of you may have noticed already, we have removed the 24 hour cooldown requirement before claiming a name of a deleted character. We do apologize to those of you who dealt with this requirement over the past few days, and can only hope that you were able to claim the name you had saved.

Thanks guys!
    PetalmagicArgentTimidMissalovesSherri
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    @Petalmagic Good news for you.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    @Petalmagic Good news for you.

THANK GOD! Guess I gotta live up to a promise I made myself. -goes and buys 10k nx-
  • BlissfulBlissful
    Reactions: 875
    edited December 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    As some of you may have noticed already, we have removed the 24 hour cooldown requirement before claiming a name of a deleted character. We do apologize to those of you who dealt with this requirement over the past few days, and can only hope that you were able to claim the name you had saved.

Thanks guys!

Thank you to the dev team for taking care of this as soon as possible. Is there a guarantee that this IGN cooldown will not return to GMS?
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited December 2017
    Blissful wrote: »

Thanks guys!

Thank you to the dev team for taking care of this as soon as possible. Is there a guarantee that this IGN cooldown will not return to GMS?

Hopefully it won't return, but if it does, we'll be sure to raise it as an issue and have it swiftly addressed.
    ArgentPetalmagicTimidSherri
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2017

Thanks guys!

Thanks, to you and the team for working on this.

Hope this update fiasco hasn't ruined your weekend. Monday is going to be a hell of a day.
    I don't expect good news, but it will be something.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited December 2017
    Raindew wrote: »
    Toreishi wrote: »
    I think the name cooldown has been reverted, or maybe I just got extremely lucky. I got back both of the IGNs I deleted just now, the first one I deleted 36 hours ago, and the second one I deleted 27 hours ago.

nah its reverted, you can try w/ a dummy ign to make sure before using ur actual ign to change it into a cadena!!

we won the battle guys :D

Thank goodness! My name for Illium is going to be safe too. Yass, we did it Maplers and the Maple Team. :')
    MageOfBattlesTaehyung
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    *Crying for my Illium* Thank God this was changed! Now I can keep the IGN for him!
  • AvarisAvaris
    Reactions: 480
    edited December 2017
    Good to see this got resolved.

Went ahead and made a Cadena with an EU character instead of the original one but I was able to reclaim the two IGNs that I deleted so I guess I'll use them for something else in the future or name change if I have nothing better to spend coins on.

Glad I can look forward to using my saved names on Illium again.
    edited December 2017
    LMAO Let's see If I remember correctly I thought I heard the reason for the drop rate being nerfed was to make it fair to people without drop rate gear?

It's fine to ruin gear that people spent a lot of money trying to get the drop rate on that gear I wonder how many people made drop rate gear back in 2016 during DMT and now 2017 comes and they get rekt now their drop rate gear isn't even gonna help them or anyone else for that matter.

From the impression I get it was a fail attempt to help people who don't have that gear now it's even worse for people without that gear.

Rather then the price going down it's now gone up because of how rare it is... 200mil for 1 node stone LMAO 200-400mil for Droplets.
    Then claim now that the delay on registering IGN's is to deter people from hoarding and selling IGN's That's gonna do anything in my view it's 24 hours + maybe 1-20 hours after the IGN is deleted can it be used it.

So that's not gonna do anything at all but effect people are unable to waste their life on this game, some of the kids who play this game have parents that don't want their kids playing video games all day so they get what maybe 3 hours to be on the game?

All this stuff to deter botters is a complete laugh in the face by people who bot.
    Make people have to use the rune botters can auto active the rune....

Add a Offline feature so botters can abuse that as well before they didn't hide offline now they can.

That's great, but why are you posting that in this thread?

That aside, it was a really good move on Nexon to remove the name cooldown. I'm really glad that they reverted the change.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    Still can't use mine unless a bot got it. Tried looking it up in the Player Ranking and it won't show up either so idk whats going on. -_-
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Still can't use mine unless a bot got it. Tried looking it up in the Player Ranking and it won't show up either so idk whats going on. -_-

That's probably the case. I don't think the rankings update all that frequently.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    How would a bot know the ign? whats the correlation between the igns and bots taking them? I dont understand how bots fall into the mix with igns.

also, wouldnt there need to be a unscheduled maintenance to revert the cooldown on the name thing?
  • RaindewRaindew
    Reactions: 1,030
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    How would a bot know the ign? whats the correlation between the igns and bots taking them? I dont understand how bots fall into the mix with igns.

also, wouldnt there need to be a unscheduled maintenance to revert the cooldown on the name thing?

not every fix needs a maintenance budd, and botting doesnt just apply in game like training or hackers obtaining mesos lol.

there are actual bots that spam igns multiple times until it is caught.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017

not every fix needs a maintenance budd, and botting doesnt just apply in game like training or hackers obtaining mesos lol.

It doesn’t answer how these bots know your ign that you want or had saved?

Unless it’s from a popular trend from cartoons movies or other topics that generate a fan base that want to use igns from that, there’s a very low probability the igns are taken.

And if not every fix needs a maintenance but this ign cool down seems to still be affecting them, wouldn’t it be safe to assume that it would be better if they did have one? Budd
  • RaindewRaindew
    Reactions: 1,030
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

It doesn’t answer how these bots know your ign that you want or had saved?

Unless it’s from a popular trend from cartoons movies or other topics that generate a fan base that want to use igns from that, there’s a very low probability the igns are taken.

And if not every fix needs a maintenance but this ign cool down seems to still be affecting them, wouldn’t it be safe to assume that it would be better if they did have one? Budd

1. its not only about having your ign sniped with this feature but the fact many people who have pointed out: people make igns beforehand when a new class is released in kms and we hear about it. No one wants to sit on their computer for hours to think of an ign, before getting to play the class, sure they can make up any random letters or numbers but honestly who wants that, and i've already given examples of people who use systematic igns such as itzHeroXD (being a Hero class), itzXenonXD (being a Xenon class) or even Terrior01, next would be Terrior02, and there are a lot of haters in the world, some jackass could easily make Terrior03, 04 and so on, and with this type of thinking, why would you not want to save Terrior03, 04, 05 and so on for the future classes? Its not only about having unique igns that was the problem here.

2. and with this cool down, who's to say people wont just keep hoardering igns until you're left with something as dumb as YoYoJiggles. the people who sell for real cash, they're not just gonna be like "oh, we cant sell this anymore, might as well just delete and let it go" thats not how people think, people woould end up keeping the ign even more, making it a rare find where no one can have it.

3. the ign cool down is gone budd, even arwoo announced it so idk where you're even going on with that point, so stop trying to act all smart ass lmao.

anyways the cool down is gone, thank goodness its gone and now we can all make our cadena and future illium. Happy Mapling everyone! Giving up is when you become loser, so never give up! (future issues)
  • AngelicaxoxoAngelicaxoxo
    Reactions: 560
    edited December 2017
    Absolutute stupid. I hate it.